EY

Getting the Interview

12 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Vellore

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at EY in August 2012.

Interview Details a written test (quant + logical reasoning + verbal) followed by a GD followed by an interview round. The interview had basic technical questions from the subject you are most comfortable with , and basic logical questions. The HR round was basic, with questions like, your family background, are you willing to sign the bond, a discussion on the internships and projects you have undertaken etc.

Interview Question – how can you distinguish one faulty box of 9 grams from 9 other boxes of 10grams each, weighing it just once.   View Answers (2)

Dallas, TX (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at EY in September 2010.

Interview Details Applied during school on website. Interviewed at school, at office, and got hired

Interview Question – Tell me of a time where you failed to accomplish and assigned task?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations allowed. They can always get another person to replace you.

Dallas, TX (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at EY in October 2012.

Interview Details For the hiring process as an IT Auditor - Staff straight from college, it began by submitting a resume online like all other jobs. Then, there were on campus interviews. During this interview, I was asked to complete a business case analysis, essay, and the usual behavioral interview. We were given about 10 or 15 minutes to read through the business case before the interview and that was the first thing dicussed and then the interview lasted about 45 min or so. After the interview, we had to write an essay. There were about 3 different choices to write about, and I chose to write about teamwork. After the campus interview, there was an office visit. During the office visit, I met with a Partner, Sr. Manager, and Manager (3 separate interviews).

Interview Question – The hardest thing of the entire process was probably the business case because there wasn't any way to prepare for it. Other than that, once I made it to the office visit, it seemed like EY was more interested in selling themselves to me, rather than me having to answer a lot of questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate since the salary seemed reasonable and I received a signing bonus as well.

Denver, CO (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at EY in January 2009.

Interview Details Very formal and structured on-campus interview process. Full-day office interview with 3 or 4 team members ranging from seniors to the partner in the group. All interviews focused on how the interviewee fit within the firms core values and People framework. With the exception of the partner and senior manager interviews, the interviews were generally relaxed and easy. Offer was given only a few days after the office interview.

Interview Question – During my interview process, there were no difficult or unexpected questions. Currently, the firm requires the candidate to complete a case study and writing sample, which is then graded by a member of the team. For this, be mindful what position you are applying for a craft your answer to be consistent with what group you are trying to join (IT v.s audit v.s. tax, etc.)   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. But I would recommend trying. I regret not even trying.

McLean, VA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at EY in March 2012.

Interview Details I was a college campus hire and I was interviewed on campus for the first round. The night before we had a meet and greet a local place and I got to meet all the recruiters and interviewers. So basically I already knew my interviewer. The first round was just some basic behavioral questions, nothing out of the ordinary. Interview went smoothly as I already knew the interviewer prior to it.

They accepted me and I was brought in for a 2nd round interview at the local office I wanted to work at. It consisted of 3 interviews. 1 was a case interview and the others were very laid back more behavioral interviews. Basically they just want to know if you are able to hold a conversation because when you are on the job you meet with a lot of clients.

The case interview consisted of a me reading a case and pointing of the issues I saw in the IT environment. The interviewer would ask very basic questions just to get a feel for my thought process. Nothing extreme.

Interview Question – The business case was the most difficult part of the interview process as they gave you a limited amount of time to study the case. Some of the questions were very broad and sometimes hard to answer. But the whole point of it was to just get a feel of your thought process.   Answer Question

Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at EY in July 2010.

Interview Details 1 round of interview with 2 senior managers

Interview Question – nothing unexpected, required to answer your personal strengths and weaknesses.   Answer Question

Houston, TX (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at EY in May 2008.

Interview Details Pre-interview dinner
interview with three individuals between Senior Manager and Partner rank

Interview Question – Business case regarding an audit issue   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, package salary

Interviewed at EY

Interview Details 4 interviews and a lunch / less formal interview. 3 of the interviews were behavioral and 1 was a case interview. If you know how to talk about business in any way then you should be fine.

Negotiation Details – None

Tampa, FL (US)

The process took 2 days - interviewed at EY in October 2010.

Interview Details Pre interview dinner on the night before, writing and Case interview, Interviewed with partner, manager, director.

Interview Question – What do you want me to ask you?   Answer Question

Salt Lake City, UT (US)

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at EY in November 2010.

Interview Details First they had a campus interview. This was behavior based with the office manager. Then they had an in office interview. This consisted of two behavior based interviews - one with a senior manager and the other with a partner. Then they had a case interview that was fairly difficult. Then they had a 45 minute essay write up.

Interview Question – What was the hardest challenge you've had over your school and work life?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at EY

Worked for EY? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at EY IT Audit Staff interview questions and advice. All 12 interview reviews posted anonymously by EY employees and interview candidates.