EY

1,763 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Associate Interview

Chennai

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at EY in July 2010.

Interview Details Process involves 4 rounds of interview, including group discussion and a written apptitude test.

Interview Question – The questions asked are not very difficult. With a little knowledge about the regarding the subject we can answer them.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Cochin

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at EY in March 2013.

Interview Details 1. I had 5 levels of interview.
2. The first section was a telephonic interview with the HR. This was the initial screening where the priority is given to the Communication Skills and the candidate's interest in joining the company.
3. The second level was with the Team Lead and this was technical oriented and will be related to the process. He explained all the process details and this was a new project Group ID. Interviews were going on since 6 months for just 2 positions. But none had been selected till then.
4. After this session, the Manager and the Assistant Director will have the 3rd and 4th sessions respectively. There they will be testing the candidate's attitude and interpersonal skills.
5. I cleared all the 4 levels of interview and the recruiters were really happy with my performance.
6. the final round is the Client interview. this is the toughest of them all since they will be taking the candidate through different levels. Three clients were involved in the interview and they were from US. They asked lots of questions including technical questions relating to LDAP, JAVA, Javascript, SQL, MySQL and many more. I answered all of them without fail and then they will move forward with very tricky behavioral type of questions.
7. I performed well and i was selected as the 1st recruit for the new process Group ID.

Interview Question – You said EY is one of your dream companies. So will you stay with EY for a very long time? If not then what could be the reason you might leave EY?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I performed very well during the interview that they gave me a CTC which was more than what they had offered initially.

Assurance Associate Interview

I applied through college or university and interviewed at EY.

Interview Details Basic aptitude test with some questions based on excel.
This was followed by a GD round and a couple of interviews.

Audit Staff Interview

Mumbai

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at EY in July 2012.

Interview Details As it was campus interview initially group of people were invited and participated in teams secondly cleared HR Round then Technical round and finally Partner Round

Interview Question – Many in depth were question were asked on Revised schedule and IGAAP   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Bangalore

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at EY in December 2013.

Interview Details There were 4 rounds. 1. Communication-where i had to speak for a minute on a topic. 2.Written test-most of the questions were based on auditing as i had applied for the assurance dept. & also on sending emails, a few case studies. 3.HR round-friendly pple, most easiest round. 4.Technical round-Be sure u know the acctg stds & auditing stds and ur resume inside out.

Interview Question – what would you do if someone in your team is not willing to work because he is just bored   View Answers (2)

Security Analyst Interview

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at EY in February 2014.

Interview Details Applied through portal. Took a week's time for the HR to call up and schedule first round of interview. After a Week, got a call from the Technical Panel. Four people connected from different locations.

The Panel was very friendly. The first thing I was told is to consider it as a technical discussion and not to consider it as an interview which made me very much relaxed. I was to give an overview of my past experience and was asked why I wanted to stick with security. Then the real interview started.

Since it was on Penetration Testing, most of the questions were related to Web Application Pen-testing. I was asked to explain XSS, its type and how to perform DOM XSS. After I explained I was asked about the mitigation for the same. Once I answered, the second person asked me the difference between VA & PT. I did answer. The 3rd person started without waiting for a second on how would I make a Top level management understand about a critical vulnerability and convince them to fix the same.

From there on it was a rapid fire ride discussing several aspects of OWASP such as CSRF, SQLi, File Inclusion, XFS. Most of them were practical scenarios and I had to interpret the same and explain them how a particular vulnerability can be exploited and what mitigation I suggest for the same. It went on for about 40 minutes and I had a sense of relief when one of the panel members said that we are running out of time.

I was asked if I had anything specific to ask them. I was concerned about the day to day roles and responsibilities. I got a detailed reply on what is expected out of me and I was impressed with the same. I was eager to know if I was selected but I heard from the panel that HR would let me know the updates.

For two weeks there was no update. I lost hopes. After two weeks I got a call from HR stating I got selected for the next round.

It was 5 member Panel. There was an On-site interview. It started with tell me about yourself and went on in depth with various aspects of Pen-Testing. I was asked about Cryptography in depth, Session related questions, Stealing cookie, client side scripts, malicious codes, clickjacking, attributes of cookies and vulnerabilities related to it. It went on for an hour. This one was more in-depth and practical scenarios than the previous round. I was asked about few stuffs on Protocols and Design reviews. There were few places where I fumbled but it did not matter much to them if you are ready to accept that you have not come across those stuffs.

Interview Question – Real time scenarios which I had to assume and explain them,in order to make them understand that I was aware of the concepts   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Associate
Bangalore

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at EY in February 2012.

Interview Details Generally they have 5-6 rounds of interview which comprises of testing your English pronunciation, written test - testing your Accounts, Maths, MS-Excel knowledge, interview - 2 to 3 rounds, then final results.

Interview Question – Nothing you have just have to be clear with your basics, they just want to check your basic knowledge   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant

I interviewed at EY in January 2014.

Interview Details 3 rounds of interviews followed by a discussion with the partner !

Interview Question – Was asked to answer a scenario based question where I was supposed to convince a CXO about EY's proposal !   Answer Question

Transaction Advisory Services Senior Interview

Transaction Advisory Services Senior
Gurgaon, Haryana

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at EY in March 2014.

Interview Details It begins with an Excel test. basic as well as some important excel formulas are asked like Vlookup,calculating sales, percentage, sum etc. If selected, this is followed by an interview.

Interview Question – Vlookup. not an important part of MBA (IT subject) course.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Gurgaon, Haryana

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at EY in October 2010.

Interview Details HR and Technical Rounds

Interview Question – Audit Planning and reviews   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None.

Interviews for Top Jobs at EY

Worked for EY? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at EY interview questions and advice. All 1,763 interview reviews are posted anonymously by EY employees and interview candidates.