EY Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 26, 2014
1,976 interviews

2.9

Senior Consultant Interview

I interviewed through a staffing agency - interviewed at EY in August 2013.

1. Excruciating 3 long telephonic round. approx 5 hrs invested.
    2. video call with Director. seems quite rude to his employee. yelling on them and it was deal breaker for me.
    3. local Mallyali guy selected . seems sheer discrimination.
    4. Did not reimburse my travel expense.
    very regional centric and if you are north Indian. please do not join EY @ Kerala. , non they are going to hire you even if you are qualified.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mumbai
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai

I interviewed through a staffing agency - interviewed at EY in August 2014.

1st HR round followed by Technical round. Only questions on my previous work experience were in detail. No, excel formulas asked. No case study. Questions on latest updates of Companies Act 2013 were asked. Then how would you present your observation in report.

Interview Questions
    • nothing much difficult. Only questions on my previous work experience were in detail. No, excel formulas asked. No case study.   Answer Question
    I had said as company norms. So no negotiation.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Mumbai
    Anonymous Employee in Mumbai

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 days - interviewed at EY in July 2014.

It was a great learning experience.the interviewers were friendly. They gave us a case study from their actual experience followed by case interview.2nd round was one more case study. After one day third round was finance case study then partner interview.

Interview Questions
    • Case studies are difficult to crack try practicing, and also guesstimates   Answer Question

UK Tax Analyst Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at EY in June 2014.

Attended the Walk in, Bangalore
    1st round, need 2 speak on a particular topic for 2 minutes, and email drafting and set of 4 papers, consisting of 20 question each, Accounts, English,Excel,Aptitude.

After clearing all rounds, got shortlisted and was said will get a call in 15 days, But have not got call till now, almost more than month.

Interview Questions
    • BRS, Brush up with basics of accounts and have cream knowledge of excel.   Answer Question

Advisory Manager Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months - interviewed at EY.

technical round, hr and then partner rounds are conducted. There is substantial stress given to presence of mind, presentation and earger ness to travel. Too much stress on compensation is a downside.

didnt negotiate. Was satisfied

Assurance Associate Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 months - interviewed at EY in December 2013.

Hiring process was through campus placements. There were 5 rounds in total - aptitude test, HR interview, GD, technical interviews and managerial interview. EY was the slowest companies I've faced in terms of declaring results in each round and also declaring the result of the final round. The whole process started in December and was concluded in March.

The aptitude test was fairly challenging and innovative as well. The HR round was simple and straight forward, the interviewer was friendly and all questions asked were general in nature.
    GD was normal and judged by a panel of 3 present in the room.
    Technical round was again challenging and they grilled all the candidates with a barrage of accounting and financial questions.
    The interviewer in the managerial round seemed clueless about the process, displayed poor body language and was evidently disinterested in the company, the interview and seemingly everything else.

The results from EY take a painfully long time to come out because of which they lose many good candidates to other companies. They take all candidates for granted.

All in all the process was not even close to some other companies' hiring process in terms of approachability, fairness, and respect for candidates time. Personal recommendation would be to expect EY to take time in everything they do and always have back up plans.

Interview Questions
    • Almost all questions inter technical round were challenging as requires decent knowledge of accounting.   Answer Question

Information Security Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mumbai
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai

interviewed at EY in January 2011.

Recruited from campus and the process followed was designed by the students of the college. The company was informed about the process and it was followed with diligence. Overall it was managed properly and the processes were carried out timely so that it benefits both - the students as well as the company.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chennai
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai

the shortlisting was based on the resumes submitted. the questions were pretty basic. they told me about a few projects they deal with and asked my opinion about it. then they asked me to suggest a few ways these problems could be dealt with.

Interview Questions
    • are you ready to spend that much time in front of a computer?   View Answer

Quality and Risk Management Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Gurgaon, Haryana
    Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at EY in July 2014.

No initial communication regarding time and location of interview was disclosed by company. You have to enquire on your own.
    4 rounds:-
    1. Aptitude Test- 60 minutes, 85 questions.
    quite tough
    2. GD
    3.HR round of interview
    4.Technical round of interview

Interview Questions
    • GD considers marking on every possible aspect like communication skills, body language, team dynamics.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Delhi
    Anonymous Employee in Delhi

I interviewed online - interviewed at EY in March 2014.

First interview over phone, secone interview with 3 person in EY office. One person was technical other was HR and Third one was Hiring manager. Technical person asked most question related to IFRS, new IFRS and Indian accounting standard, HR asked mostly question, like why EY, lonf term goal, short term goal, hiriting manager asked about working with team and past expeience and about hobbies

Interview Questions
    • When IFRS will be applicable in India as per budget   View Answer

Worked for EY? Contribute to the Community!