EY Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA

Updated 11 Sep 2014

47 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Audit Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied through college or university - interviewed at EY in January 2014.

recruited through on campus recruiting. attended several EY mixers and socials. had round one interview. pretty easy, mostly behavioral question. I advanced to the final round. Final round day I interviewed with 3 different people: senior, senior manager and a partner. all behavioral questions. they rely heavily on your GPA and base your technical understanding on the grades you receive in your accounting classes. the rest is all behavioral questions.

Risk Advisory Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at EY.

First round interview process on campus was all behavioral. Speak to recruiters and employees to pass around resumes. Make sure your resume stands out. Second round interview is a full day process 8am-2pm. 2 behavioral and 1 case interview. Case interview is easy. Just read a small case and did a strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, threats analysis.

Interview Questions
    They tell you how much to be paid no negotiation.

Forensic Technology and Discovery Service Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at EY in November 2013.

Applied through school career website and got a response in about a week after deadline.
    Scheduled a phone interview with a senior at their office. Had a phone interview wit him and after few days, got a denial response.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too difficult. Question about teamwork and the resume   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 months - interviewed at EY in November 2013.

Applied through college website. Then, you will be notified about a week after the deadline whether you got a first round interview or not. If they like you and feel you are EY material, you will be invited to a second round, in-house interview. After this, you will either be offered the internship or not. The process takes about 3 months if you go through the whole thing.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly Behavior Questions, none stood out. Mostly went through resume.   Answer Question

Staff Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at EY in October 2013.

Amazing process. The super day was really pleasant. The case study was not too difficult. Everyone was really nice and we went out to lunch afterwards. It consisted of 6 30-minute interviews with different members of the team. I could really see how awesome the team was and how well they work together.

Technology Advisor Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at EY in October 2013.

The first round of interview is a personal interview and the focus of the interview is to primarily learn about the candidate on a personal front. The discussion was primarily on the work experience, in my case my experiences in my internships. This was followed by a volley of behavioral interview questions. Behavioral questions are straight out of the common behavioral interview question bank

Interview Questions
    • Behavioral questions were pretty difficult sometimes as you can;t think within a split second whether you were in a similar situation in the past   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at EY in October 2013.

I applied through the campus career center and was invited for a first round interview on campus. Later that day I got an email stating that I need to take an online writing assessment test, which had to be completed before the first round interview. The writing assignment was 45 minutes and asked about what I think mentoring is, the importance of it, and to describe a personal situation which involved mentoring.
    The first round was on campus and took 30 minutes. The interviewer was really nice and asked the regular resume/behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • All the questions were straight forward. The question in the writing assignment was very broad, which was unexpected.   Answer Question

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at EY in August 2013.

Go through many interviews, make sure you are very prepared they will ask you lots of questions

Interview Questions
    • Name a current event going on in the accounting industry currently   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Tax Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at EY in April 2013.

I was referred from a partner from a different office in another state who reached out to a recruiter for me. She later contacted the right different recruiter, who asked for my resume and transcript. She quickly set up an interview with a Tax Manager.

Interview Questions
    • Imagine you make a very complicated calculation in excel for a client who is going to make a decision. After you reviewed it a couple of times you notice you are going to save the client $10 million in taxes. You give it to your senior and your partner, who review your work. They agree on your calculation and tell the client about the tax savings and the meeting to finalize the transaction is tomorrow. It's 9 o'clock at night and you are finalizing the paperwork, and you suddenly realize you made a careless mistake on excel and instead of putting a minus, you put a plus, so the client is not going to save $10 million, but is going to owe $10 million.
      What do you do? How do you handle the situation?
        View Answer

Communication & Pursuits Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied online - interviewed at EY in April 2013.

I applied for the position through their website. An HR representative from the company replied asking questions in relations to your salary history, your salary requirements, if you would need assistance for relocation, etc.

After the initial phone interview with the HR, your resume and other supporting documents are then sent to the hiring manager. If you are chosen for an in person interview, HR will contact you through email to set up the day and time.

The interview consisted of three interviews with three different employees directly related too the position you are applying for, who you would work with if you were given the position. Each set of interview last 30 minutes.

After the interview, I was told that they would get in contact with me for the next step, which would be interviews with the partners and then a decision would be made after, but I haven't heard anything back from them yet, and probably never will.

All in all, it wasn't a bad experience. I guess you could say it was a good practice run. Interview itself wasn't hard as long as you are prepared. All was cordial and professional.

Interview Questions
    • Most of the questions were behavioral or specific questions related to the position.   Answer Question

Worked for EY? Contribute to the Community!