EY

44 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior IT Audit Interview

Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied through other source and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at EY in March 2009.

Interview Details Pretty quick, if you are what they are looking for.

Interview Question – How do I feel about President Obama   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Worked there years ago

Performance Improvement Transformation and Collaboration Pool Intern Interview

Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at EY in October 2012.

Interview Details The hiring process was pretty standard. First round interviews were on campus, with an interview pre-night at a local bowling alley beforehand. Second round interviews were in the EY office in LA for a super day, which included a lunch and three interviews - behavioral, case, behavioral.

Interview Question – There really were no curveball questions asked. All questions were pretty reasonable, including the case, which again was not any more difficult than other case questions asked.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The interview process for EY Advisory occurs too early to even consider other consulting firms. I'm looking mostly at the Big 3, so I'll likely have to turn this offer down even before opportunities arise for other interviews.

Transaction Advisory Services Senior Interview

Transaction Advisory Services Senior
Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 months - interviewed at EY in February 2012.

Interview Details First round was a phone interview, talked to the manager in the team that was recruiting.
Final round was an office interview, spoke to several people in the firm and followed by a lunch with some peers in the team

Negotiation Details – Just received the offer letter and accepted it without any negotiation

Audit Associate Interview

Audit Associate
Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at EY in October 2011.

Interview Details 1st Round Interview - On-Campus
2nd Round Interview - In-House

1. Behavioral questions that relate to working under pressure.
2. Personal and professional goals and how the company will help you accomplish said goals.
3. How will you meet the CPA requirements?

Interview Question – Why is your GPA relatively low compared to other candidates?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at EY in January 2012.

Interview Details I thought that the people and culture were genuine. I felt as though I was welcomed by everyone and the office culture is definitely more work-balance oriented.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a difficult person/co-worker.   Answer Question

Emerging Leaders Program Interview

Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at EY in March 2012.

Interview Details I applied online through my college career center website and I was invited to the interview the following week. The interview was very friendly and talked even more than I did. I forgot to ask for a business card, but a week later I was offered the position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation.

Audit Staff Interview

Audit Staff
Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at EY in April 2011.

Interview Details First you are contacted through email for a campus interview. Then you are interviewed one on one with an HR representative. Afterwards, if you are selected for a second round interview, you go into the office, and are interviewed by four different employees.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you had many deadlines coming up and the outcome   Answer Question

Summer Leadership Program Interview

Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at EY in June 2010.

Interview Details Applied for the Emerging Leaders Program via my school's career center website. Had to submit a resume and cover letter, nothing out of the ordinary. I heard back from the recruiter a few days later letting me know that she wanted to schedule a phone interview with a manager for me.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult teammate.   Answer Question

Full Time Positio Interview

Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at EY in September 2011.

Interview Details I had an on-campus interview with E&Y senior manager. She was very nice. She told me this was her first time coming to my school for the on-campus interviews. Asked me a few questions and let me ask her questions.
Overall, I think I did ok, should have done better and made more impressions on her.

Interview Questions

Advisory Risk Interview

East Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at EY in October 2011.

Interview Details Very calm interview. The interviewer wanted to know my personality and character. Nothing really technical. Just behavioral.

Interview Question – What would you do to resolve a conflict within a group?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at EY