EY Interview Questions in New York City, NY

Updated 21 Apr 2015

2.8

TAP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at EY (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Three interviews in a row, and two behaviors with one case study. The case study is more focus on business side rather than any specific calculation. And the behavior questions are just tell me a time when.... type of questions. People there are really nice to me, since I wasn't have much case study experience, the person kind of walk me through the case.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time that you have to confront someone, tell me a time you work in a team and what was your position, Do you have any question for me, tell me a time you were being a leader.   1 Answer

Technology Advisory Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at EY (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

General questions. Nice interviewer. Questions are basically based on my experience. And the whole process is just like a chatting to let people know what you've done and what you want to be in the future.

Audit Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at EY (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

I got the interview by employee referral. First interview was a phone interview that lasted about 30 mins, basic questions about myself and situational question. Heard back a week later that I got a second interview - office interview with 3 different personnel - a partner and 2 senior managers. It's very conversational interview. Got a call a few hours later from a partner saying that I got the job.
    I got asked all three times: "Tell me about yourself" so prepare that real well, make sure that you make it personal, conversational and start off with some light jokes. I was really comfortable the whole time and the interviewers were really helpful. They made it all about you. Remember, they are human like us and they wouldn't want to hear something that too stiff. The one thing that I really remember is that they emphasized on you being a people person so make sure to show them that.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?
      Career path
      CPA eligibility
      Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
      Can you tell me about your experience with EY?
      What is your greatest achievement?

Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Launch Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at EY (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

3 round interviews. 1 45 min. on campus (Johns Hopkins) and other 2 (45 mins each) in house (New York). Very smooth and fast, and HR was very friendly, both in Baltimore and New York.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at EY (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Interviewed on my university campus first. Two interviews, half hour each. Not too difficult, not really any tricky questions in this stage. Mostly just trying to get to know you and your resume. Then I interviewed at the office (New York), again 2 interviews. Since I was interviewing for an advisory internship one of these interviews was a case study and the other was behavioral.

Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 7+ monthsinterviewed at EY (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

The most bizarre interviewing experience: initially the process was well organized but then fell off the rails
    - Round 0: Introductory call with hiring manager (I came in via referral)
    - Round 1 (week later): HR screen
    - Round 2: (3 weeks later) 4 interviews with partners
    - Round 3: (2 weeks later) call with a senior partner
    ... so far so good, both HR and business folks seem top notch and well organized, and I had remaining 2 rounds left... but then weird stuff began to happen. Hiring manager and HR folks would completely disappear, so I would chase them, they would commit to respond by a certain date and disappear again, and then I would re-start another cycle. Rather than business and HR folks communicating directly, they would repeatedly ask me if I heard from their internal counterpart or if I already had an interview?! Partners would literally beg HR to schedule the next round like it was some huge favor...
    - Round 4: (5+ months later!) finally, call with the more senior partner ... I shared details of all the nonsense and questioned him how I could successfully grow business in such environment. He was a bit defensive but pleasant, gave positive indication and promised to follow-up with next steps shortly... never heard from them again

Technical Advisory Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at EY (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Applied through campus. First interview took place on campus itself. Typical behavioral questions, and complete resume walkthrough. Please make sure you only write technical skills you have actually used, and are proficient with.

Tell me about yourself? What kinds of conflicts have you handled with team members? Conflicts with clients? Have you handled multiple projects together? Which skills have you used as part of your professional experience? Have you ever faced a high pressure situation? Would you escalate in case of a conflict?

Interview Questions

• Conflicts with clients/co workers/teammates
      Team work related questions
      Leadership questions
      Resume walkthrough

1 Answer

Emerging Leaders Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Poughkeepsie, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at EY (Poughkeepsie, NY (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

I submitted an application through my University's career service website. Was informed I had an interview. The second year associate briefed me on the program before I entered the interview room. The recruiter was very nice and made me feel very comfortable. Asked me about myself. I did most of the talking.

Interview Questions

• Give me a brief overview of the most important things on your resume.   Answer Question

TAP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at EY (New York, NY (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied through campus recruiting. The entire process took about 4 weeks. The interview process was pretty standard. I got a call for a campus interview which was a behavioral interview. I was then selected for an onsite interview where there were two behavioral and one case interview. The interview questions were similar to those mentioned by other candidates on glassdoor. I was given an offer a week later.

Interview Questions

• How do you see yourself as a fit for this position being from a different background?   Answer Question

Emerging Leaders Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at EY (New York, NY (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview was on campus. Once you get their they will have three to five greeters available to chat with you and inform you about your interviewer. They are just their to get rid of your nervousness. Chat with them, ask them for their experience.

They will respond after a week. Then, if selected, second interviews will be held two to three weeks later at their office.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time when you held a leadership position.   1 Answer
    • Use 3 words to describe yourself.   1 Answer
    • Tell me about your work experience.   1 Answer