EY

225 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

EY Advisory FSO Interview

New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at EY in March 2014.

Interview Details I applied on campus interviewed with a Partner and then was invited for their Superday in NY. The interview started with a presentation talking about the service line then the greeters took us for our interview locations. The interviews consisted of 1 writing test (1 hr), 1 reasoning test 45 mins, 2 behavioral 45 mins and 1 case 45 mins. Got an acceptance call within two days.

Interview Question – I really prepared very well for the case so know your basics and dont rush. Think before opening your mouth and talk sense like a proper consultant. You can make flow charts/diagrams if you like- they helped me a lot.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Did not negotiate it was well beyond my expectations.

Advisory Manager Interview

Advisory Manager
New York, NY (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at EY in September 2012.

Interview Details flew me into nyc talked with 4 people for an hour each.

Interview Question – describe an end to end basel ii implementation.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – tough. it went through a really dumb recruiting firm that refused to call me back even though i was putting money in their pocket. not sure why i couldn't deal directly with EY.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Advisory Services Senior - Financial Services Office - Performance Improvement - Asset Management Interview

New York, NY (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at EY.

Interview Details The recruitment process was slow to start. In November I was contacted by a recuiter and after they took in my profile they didn't hear back from EY till January. Once the position came back in scope the process moved fast with two phone interviews that were followed by one morning round of interviews with Senior Managers and an Executive Manager.
Overall these were very nice people to work with, especially during the interviews. They really try to see if you're a good fit for their teams. It seems like an engaging culture to work in.

Interview Question – Be prepared to have to dive deep into your resume. They are looking for example of past experiences to determine how well you can explain it and relate it to the position they're looking to fill. Show how you can relate to potential client needs.
No business case was presented.
  Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at EY in October 2013.

Interview Details The interview process was not hard but asked case-like questions in the first interview that was expected to be more on the behavioral side.

Interview Question – What would you business plan be if you develop a phone app?   Answer Question

Technology Adviser Program Interview

New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university and interviewed at EY.

Interview Details first round on-campus behavioral interview, second round office visit Superday

Interview Question – What role do you usually take in a project?   Answer Question

Tax Senior Associate Interview

Tax Senior Associate
New York, NY (US)

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at EY.

Interview Details a standard big 4 process, recruiter contacted the candidate, phone interview first. Then invited to the office to meet 2 partners and 1 Senior Manager.

FSO, Technology Advisor Program Interview

New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at EY in February 2014.

Interview Details Interview at campus for the first round with a senior manager. Asked about standard resume questions like tell me about your past internship experience, why do you want to work in finance industry, and why choose EY, etc.. Got into second round the next day. Three rounds in the office, two behavioral and one case.

Interview Question – Your internship experience is not directly related to the financial service industry, so why do you want to work in the finance now?   Answer Question

Audit Staff Interview

Audit Staff
New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university and interviewed at EY.

Interview Details Behavior questions only: Campus recruiting -> On site

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Advisory Manager Interview

Advisory Manager
New York, NY (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at EY in January 2014.

Interview Details Got a call from EY recruiter. Had a first screening with a HR and one with a Sr. Manager and clearing that round in the same week, was sent to NY for interview. Had a discussion with a sr manager there and while discussing with the partner found that they send me for a different dept. to interview with...disappointing...
After 2 days got a call that they want to have further discussions. they scheduled 2 interviews/screenings with managers. It went pretty well, atleast thats what i thought.. Got a call from HR after 4 days that they loved to talk to me but my profile/experience does not match what they were looking for in the position....Shouldn't they be looking into my resume first if the profile is not what they are looking for and avoid wasting time.

Senior Interview

New York, NY (US)

I interviewed at EY in February 2014.

Interview Details Apply for the job posting on AEA website and the first round interview is in AEA conference. meet two people in the team, a manager and a principal. They are especially nice and really did ask me too many questions but introduce their transfer pricing team. And after the interview I went to the dinner reception and met couple other ppl in the team as well as other candidates. I think the first round interview is mainly to test whether your personality fit in this team.

And then I was invited to on-site in NYC. The arrange of second round took me abt 1 month to go through. Just finish two days ago, met several other seniors, managers, principals. Also I did a presentation on my Phd job market paper. The interview seems went well.

Waiting for results. Cross fingers.

Interview Question – No difficult questions. All easy to answer   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at EY