EY

Relevance Date Difficulty

Advisory Staff Interview

Advisory Staff
New York, NY (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at EY in March 2014.

Interview Details Phone interview with an HR representative asking very basic information regarding previous jobs, salary expectations, current salary, etc. Week later phone interview with a Manager. It was in-depth conversation with some behavioral questions and some technical questions. They want to get a sense of whether or not you like this particular field and whether or not you would fit in their team. One day later HR rep scheduled a superday at the NY office. 6 1:1 interviews with managers, directors, and staff. Standard behavioral questions, but they really dug deep on technical questions. I couldn't answer most of the technical stuff because my knowledge and expertise is simply not up to their level, but they just want to see how you react to these types of situations. They are looking for enthusiasm and a positive attitude. Two weeks later I get a phone call from the hiring manager explaining that they liked me a lot and the feedback was very positive and they continued the job offer process for about two more weeks of filling out paperwork and various forms. About four weeks after I interviewed at the superday they email me the offer letter.

I went over and beyond with interview preparation and research. I honestly do not think I would have gotten this far without going at least 110%.

Interview Question – What exactly do you do at your current job? It appears you do little to no analysis with the model.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate, but I assume the more experience you have the better your chances are, but EY is a very structured company so salaries at each level have minimums and maximums, so be prepared and you should expect what you deserve.

External Audit Staff Interview

External Audit Staff
New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university - interviewed at EY in October 2013.

Interview Details 1. apply online through university career management website
2. apply on EY's website, the link is given by University
3. pre-night dinner organized by EY, sit with other candidates who applies same position and a alumni,
4. First round campus interview, with a senior manager (10yrs working experience)
5. Second round onsite interview with partner

Interview Question – just go through resume   Answer Question

TAP Interview

TAP
New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at EY in March 2014.

Interview Details I had two interviews. The first was on campus and the second at EY office. The first was all about my resume. The interviewer asked me a questions based on my resume. After the first interview, I was called for the second interview at their office which included a case and 2 resume based interview.

Interview Question – The case was a bit tricky. I had to explain my reasoning first before trying to answer the case   Answer Question

Transaction Tax Staff Associate, TAS Interview

Transaction Tax Staff Associate, TAS
New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at EY in October 2013.

Interview Details Had a phone interview, followed by a phone interview, followed a few weeks later by in-office interview with four partners. After our interviews, a few junior associates took two of us to lunch. I didn't get an offer but everyone I met was incredibly professional, kind, and helpful.

Interview Question – It was all just "getting to know you" type questions. I think the most "challenging" question was, "what's your favorite code section?" All very straightforward.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Advisory Quest Program Interview

Advisory Quest Program
New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at EY in October 2013.

Interview Details I interviewed through on-campus recruiting, and the interview was an 1 to 1 behavioral based on. Pretty simple and straightforward.

Interview Question – There is no difficult question at all.   View Answer

IT Risk & Assurance Interview

IT Risk & Assurance
New York, NY (US)

Interview Details I had a campus interview process. This consisted of an on-campus interview which consisted of mostly resume review and behavioral questions. Next was superday at the office. This day consisted of three interviews- 2 regular interviews and 1 case study interview. Interviews were straightforward and pretty painless. They are really nice at superday and accommodate to you very well. Definitely a positive experience.

Interview Question – Case study interview   View Answer

Summer Intern Interview

Summer Intern
New York, NY (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at EY.

Interview Details Hiring and interview process was expedited rather quickly. Spoke to a couple of campus recruiters from EY FSO office on the phone before the formal phone interview. Following the phone interview I was asked to attend a "super-day" in their New York, NY office. The day began with meeting senior partners, followed by two separate interviews by lower level partners.

Interview Question – If you were to be certain that you were not going to meet a clients deadline, what is a way you would approach the client and let them know the job would not be finished on time, and how would you move forward.   Answer Question

Staff, Financial Advisory - TAP Interview

Staff, Financial Advisory - TAP
New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at EY in March 2014.

Interview Details I have interviewed in college in on campus recruiting drive. I have intimated in a week saying, that I have been selected for Big day in NYC. I got the final result in 4 days.

Interview Question – Case study. They give you a case in real world financial situation. And they expect you to answer the questions regarding that.   View Answer

EY Advisory FSO Interview

EY Advisory FSO
New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at EY in March 2014.

Interview Details I applied on campus interviewed with a Partner and then was invited for their Superday in NY. The interview started with a presentation talking about the service line then the greeters took us for our interview locations. The interviews consisted of 1 writing test (1 hr), 1 reasoning test 45 mins, 2 behavioral 45 mins and 1 case 45 mins. Got an acceptance call within two days.

Interview Question – I really prepared very well for the case so know your basics and dont rush. Think before opening your mouth and talk sense like a proper consultant. You can make flow charts/diagrams if you like- they helped me a lot.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Did not negotiate it was well beyond my expectations.

ITRA Staff I Interview

ITRA Staff I
New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at EY in February 2014.

Interview Details I applied through my school career website. In about 2 weeks I received an invitation for an on-campus interview. It was a 30-minute behavioral interview with a partner. She was very friendly and welcoming. Some of the questions she asked were: Why do you want to work in consulting? Why do you want to work at EY? Tell me about a situation when you were a leader in a team? Tell me about a conflict that you experienced in a team... They called me the next day to invite for a super day on Friday. It consisted of 2 behavioral and 1 case interview. The super day started very early. I had to be in the office by 8.15am. In the beginning we had a presentation, then we were introduced to our escorts who showed around the office that day. The behavioral interviews were pretty much the same as in the first round. The case study was about a brick and mortar bank that wanted to merge with an online bank. Later we had lunch with our escorts. They took us to a nice restaurant on Times Square. We talked, ate, and had a good time. But don't be caught off guard- this is also a part of your interview. The day after the super day the recruiter called me to make an offer. they gave me 3 weeks to decide.

Interview Question – No unexpected questions. Only behavioral questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation