EY Interview Questions in New York City, NY

2.8

248 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Senior Manager, Customer Strategy, Financial Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at EY in May 2014.

Screen by HR, followed by Sr. Manager screen, then 1/2 day visit to NYC which consisted of a brief introduction to a panel and 4 interviews -- 2 with live people (Sr. Manager, and Recruiting) with two phone interviews with partners.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me your strengths and weaknesses?   View Answer

Tax Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at EY in May 2014.

Got an interview through campus recruiting. The first round interview took place on campus. First round interview questions were pretty easy. They just want to know who you are. Questions like "why tax? why accounting?". Then there were 3 recruiting events on campus.

Then the firm invites you for office visit, all expenses paid for. The second round interview was with partner and manager. They ask you almost the same questions like the first round interview. Make sure to ask a lot of questions and show that you're very interested.

Interview Questions
    • Which tax practice do you want to specialize in and why?   Answer Question

Advisory Services Senior Manager (FSO) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at EY in April 2014.

Submitted my resume to EY recruiter who contacted me the next day. Phone interview with a sr. manager occurred a week later. Invited to NYC office for 'Super Day' which consisted of 4 1:1 interviews (sr. manager, director, partner, and partner/principle). One of the 1:1s involved a case question. Super Day was held on a Friday; the recruiter contacted me on the following Thursday regarding outcome/next steps.

Interview Questions
    • The case involved a client who was experiencing declining profitability in one of its lines of business. Two questions were asked: 1) What approach would you use to understand why there is a decline in profitability?, and 2) Calculate revenues by LOB based on percentage of total revenue by year (numbers were provided).   View Answer

Advisory Senior III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at EY in April 2014.

Was given an accelerated interview due to a competing offer from another company already on the table. Less than a week after sending in my resume, I was flown to the NYC office where I had 45 min interviews with four people. Later that day I received a phone call and was informed that EY wanted to move forward with making an offer. About a week later I received the offer and accepted shortly afterwards.

Interview Questions
    • What do you know about agile software development? Waterfall? Scrum? Etc.   Answer Question
    I was asked what my desired salary was. I asked for more than my competing offer, which could not be matched, but was given a very close offer from EY.

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at EY.

Hiring and interview process was expedited rather quickly. Spoke to a couple of campus recruiters from EY FSO office on the phone before the formal phone interview. Following the phone interview I was asked to attend a "super-day" in their New York, NY office. The day began with meeting senior partners, followed by two separate interviews by lower level partners.

Interview Questions
    • If you were to be certain that you were not going to meet a clients deadline, what is a way you would approach the client and let them know the job would not be finished on time, and how would you move forward.   Answer Question

Advisory Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at EY in March 2014.

Phone interview with an HR representative asking very basic information regarding previous jobs, salary expectations, current salary, etc. Week later phone interview with a Manager. It was in-depth conversation with some behavioral questions and some technical questions. They want to get a sense of whether or not you like this particular field and whether or not you would fit in their team. One day later HR rep scheduled a superday at the NY office. 6 1:1 interviews with managers, directors, and staff. Standard behavioral questions, but they really dug deep on technical questions. I couldn't answer most of the technical stuff because my knowledge and expertise is simply not up to their level, but they just want to see how you react to these types of situations. They are looking for enthusiasm and a positive attitude. Two weeks later I get a phone call from the hiring manager explaining that they liked me a lot and the feedback was very positive and they continued the job offer process for about two more weeks of filling out paperwork and various forms. About four weeks after I interviewed at the superday they email me the offer letter.

I went over and beyond with interview preparation and research. I honestly do not think I would have gotten this far without going at least 110%.

Interview Questions
    • What exactly do you do at your current job? It appears you do little to no analysis with the model.   View Answer
    I did not negotiate, but I assume the more experience you have the better your chances are, but EY is a very structured company so salaries at each level have minimums and maximums, so be prepared and you should expect what you deserve.

Advisory Services Senior - Financial Services Office - Performance Improvement - Asset Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at EY.

The recruitment process was slow to start. In November I was contacted by a recuiter and after they took in my profile they didn't hear back from EY till January. Once the position came back in scope the process moved fast with two phone interviews that were followed by one morning round of interviews with Senior Managers and an Executive Manager.
    Overall these were very nice people to work with, especially during the interviews. They really try to see if you're a good fit for their teams. It seems like an engaging culture to work in.

Interview Questions
    • Be prepared to have to dive deep into your resume. They are looking for example of past experiences to determine how well you can explain it and relate it to the position they're looking to fill. Show how you can relate to potential client needs.
      No business case was presented.
        Answer Question

Technology Adviser Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at EY.

first round on-campus behavioral interview, second round office visit Superday

EY Advisory FSO Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at EY in March 2014.

I applied on campus interviewed with a Partner and then was invited for their Superday in NY. The interview started with a presentation talking about the service line then the greeters took us for our interview locations. The interviews consisted of 1 writing test (1 hr), 1 reasoning test 45 mins, 2 behavioral 45 mins and 1 case 45 mins. Got an acceptance call within two days.

Interview Questions
    • I really prepared very well for the case so know your basics and dont rush. Think before opening your mouth and talk sense like a proper consultant. You can make flow charts/diagrams if you like- they helped me a lot.   View Answer
    Did not negotiate it was well beyond my expectations.

Tax Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at EY.

a standard big 4 process, recruiter contacted the candidate, phone interview first. Then invited to the office to meet 2 partners and 1 Senior Manager.