EY

Very Easy Interview

Senior Manager, Customer Strategy, Financial Services Interview

Senior Manager, Customer Strategy, Financial Services
New York, NY (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at EY in May 2014.

Interview Details Screen by HR, followed by Sr. Manager screen, then 1/2 day visit to NYC which consisted of a brief introduction to a panel and 4 interviews -- 2 with live people (Sr. Manager, and Recruiting) with two phone interviews with partners.

Interview Question – Tell me your strengths and weaknesses?   View Answer

Assistant Director Interview

Assistant Director
New York, NY (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at EY.

Interview Details Extremely lengthy process typically takes 2-3 months with excessive number of interviews. Decision is by committee and not left up to the individual hiring manager. This commonly prevents the hiring manager from actually choosing or offering based on their intuition for the specific role.

Interview Question – Questions were not difficult, but the sheer number of interviews ensures candidates are jaded and repetitive   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Offer is always mid-range, always go back for additional salary, was able to achieve $5k bump upwards from initial just by asking.

Advisory Services Senior Manager (FSO) Interview

Advisory Services Senior Manager (FSO)
New York, NY (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at EY in April 2014.

Interview Details Submitted my resume to EY recruiter who contacted me the next day. Phone interview with a sr. manager occurred a week later. Invited to NYC office for 'Super Day' which consisted of 4 1:1 interviews (sr. manager, director, partner, and partner/principle). One of the 1:1s involved a case question. Super Day was held on a Friday; the recruiter contacted me on the following Thursday regarding outcome/next steps.

Interview Question – The case involved a client who was experiencing declining profitability in one of its lines of business. Two questions were asked: 1) What approach would you use to understand why there is a decline in profitability?, and 2) Calculate revenues by LOB based on percentage of total revenue by year (numbers were provided).   View Answer

Intern Interview

Intern
New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at EY.

Interview Details Campus recruiting, on site interview. (4 head to head interview, each half hour) Invited to Superday, where I was intereviewed by 4 senior managers and a Partner. Don't really have a lot of time to ask questions or go too much into detail in 30 minute interviews, but got the feeling they were more interested in learning if you are the right fit and can be "developed".

Interview Question – price a binomial option.   Answer Question

Tax Intern Interview

Tax Intern
New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university - interviewed at EY in May 2014.

Interview Details Got an interview through campus recruiting. The first round interview took place on campus. First round interview questions were pretty easy. They just want to know who you are. Questions like "why tax? why accounting?". Then there were 3 recruiting events on campus.

Then the firm invites you for office visit, all expenses paid for. The second round interview was with partner and manager. They ask you almost the same questions like the first round interview. Make sure to ask a lot of questions and show that you're very interested.

Interview Question – Which tax practice do you want to specialize in and why?   Answer Question

Tax Staff I Interview

Tax Staff I
New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at EY in August 2010.

Interview Details Typical Campus Onboarding -- 2 Interviews based on resume

Interview Question – Very Standard -- strengths/weaknesses, behavioral   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Non Existent

Advisory Staff Interview

Advisory Staff
New York, NY (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at EY in March 2014.

Interview Details Phone interview with an HR representative asking very basic information regarding previous jobs, salary expectations, current salary, etc. Week later phone interview with a Manager. It was in-depth conversation with some behavioral questions and some technical questions. They want to get a sense of whether or not you like this particular field and whether or not you would fit in their team. One day later HR rep scheduled a superday at the NY office. 6 1:1 interviews with managers, directors, and staff. Standard behavioral questions, but they really dug deep on technical questions. I couldn't answer most of the technical stuff because my knowledge and expertise is simply not up to their level, but they just want to see how you react to these types of situations. They are looking for enthusiasm and a positive attitude. Two weeks later I get a phone call from the hiring manager explaining that they liked me a lot and the feedback was very positive and they continued the job offer process for about two more weeks of filling out paperwork and various forms. About four weeks after I interviewed at the superday they email me the offer letter.

I went over and beyond with interview preparation and research. I honestly do not think I would have gotten this far without going at least 110%.

Interview Question – What exactly do you do at your current job? It appears you do little to no analysis with the model.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate, but I assume the more experience you have the better your chances are, but EY is a very structured company so salaries at each level have minimums and maximums, so be prepared and you should expect what you deserve.

External Audit Staff Interview

External Audit Staff
New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university - interviewed at EY in October 2013.

Interview Details 1. apply online through university career management website
2. apply on EY's website, the link is given by University
3. pre-night dinner organized by EY, sit with other candidates who applies same position and a alumni,
4. First round campus interview, with a senior manager (10yrs working experience)
5. Second round onsite interview with partner

Interview Question – just go through resume   Answer Question

TAP Interview

TAP
New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at EY in March 2014.

Interview Details I had two interviews. The first was on campus and the second at EY office. The first was all about my resume. The interviewer asked me a questions based on my resume. After the first interview, I was called for the second interview at their office which included a case and 2 resume based interview.

Interview Question – The case was a bit tricky. I had to explain my reasoning first before trying to answer the case   Answer Question

Transaction Tax Staff Associate, TAS Interview

Transaction Tax Staff Associate, TAS
New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at EY in October 2013.

Interview Details Had a phone interview, followed by a phone interview, followed a few weeks later by in-office interview with four partners. After our interviews, a few junior associates took two of us to lunch. I didn't get an offer but everyone I met was incredibly professional, kind, and helpful.

Interview Question – It was all just "getting to know you" type questions. I think the most "challenging" question was, "what's your favorite code section?" All very straightforward.   Answer Question