EY Project Manager Interview Questions

Updated 25 Mar 2015

3.4

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at EY (Bangalore) in January 2015.

Interview

Was called for a telephonic interview; Subsequently was called for a F2F interview and post the discussion had a HR interview where I was told I cleared the interview and I would have to have a discussion with the Exec Director and the Partner before being given an offer. A week and half later, I got a call asking to be available for a discussion with the ED. After waiting for an hour from the scheduled time, I tried reaching the board line numbers from where I got the call, but in vain. The number in BLR is never answered. Finally HR called me next week and told me that his team will schedule time with the ED and get back to me. Its been a week since, but no response and the HR is not even responding to messages. Quite appalled at the attitude of EY HR to prospective employees. While its understandable that an ED has a lot at stake, its the recruitment team to keep the candidates informed.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for EY

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at EY (Bangalore) in March 2012.

Interview

Interview process was very quick, Got a call and face to face interview was scheduled next day

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at EY (Alpharetta, GA (US)) in October 2013.

Interview

It was for a contract PM role through a firm, 1st phone interview the person was a no show, so I wasted 30 minutes sitting on a conference call that no one bothered to cancel, 3 days later I have a phone interview and was requested to come in for a face to face within a week. The hiring manager was fair and respectful, but then I had to interview with a guy who would only be my peer and the man seemed insane, he was so offensive and aggressive. In all of my professional career I have never been spoken to in that manner. He was foreign and maybe his communication style is just different, his tone and how he processed information was something to behold. He apparently has the PMBOK memorized and wants the candidate to quote it exactly as it's written or he feels you don't know what you talking about. It was the worst experience of my life. The man was all but yelling at me and saying I didn't ask you that answer my question. If I wasn't there on behalf of staffing firm I would have gotten my stuff and walked out, because I don't allow anyone to speak to me in such a degrading manner.

Interview Questions

• Why would I only want to be a contractor. I was interviewing for contract position, so I was really thrown off.   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at EY (Atlanta, GA (US)) in August 2012.

Interview

Interview started with a detailed telephone screening, next was a phone interview with a hiring manager, just looking more into my back ground. I have the feeling my resume was too "bouncy" for them as i have worked contact many places in the last 4 years. Next was a video conference as I was working out of town and this was set up in their NO Office. Finally, a colleague 30 telephone interview.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at EY (London, England (UK)) in April 2011.

Interview

Arms length from recruitment agency - only bothered if money in it for them. Not treated as a human being with respect

Interview Questions

• What was your favourite subject at school and why   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at EY in February 2011.

Interview

The first round was over the phone with the recruiter asking all basic questions on project management. Then the first round was the Case Study Round; Second round was with th HR. Third round was with a project manager or supervisor

Interview Questions

• Question was asked as to why I did not join my partner'sorganization and chose EnY instead   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at EY in July 2008.

Interview

I had two interviews with E&Y. One phone interview and a day of interviews with senior management. The process was very painless. The company seems to be very interested in making sure that its employees are the best trained and capable employees they can get. Their motto is that they want people who have a work/life balance. It is highly irregular for a person not to leave at a reasonable hour. Honestly it was seen as a negative.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a department that is not being responsive to request for information and project updates?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate a pretty good offer from the company. Don't under value yourself. If they really want you, they'll pay.