EY SENIOR Consultant Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Jul 14, 2014
82 interviews

82 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Senior Consultant Interview

Telephonic interview + minimum 2 layers of management discussion (including Partner) + HR discussion. Interview process took over 5 weeks. At least one interview needs to be a face to face discussion

Other Interview Reviews for EY

Senior Consultant Interview

HR Interview followed by two rounds of technical interview. Taken by panel of about 6 people. Very tough to crack. One of the most difficult interviews. But can be cracked if well prepared.

Senior Consultant Interview

interviewed at EY in January 2014.

3 rounds of interviews followed by a discussion with the partner !

Interview Questions
    • Was asked to answer a scenario based question where I was supposed to convince a CXO about EY's proposal !   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chennai
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at EY in November 2010.

Rigorous rounds of interviews and analysis for selection. But post hiring different role might be given.

Senior Consultant Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at EY.

Got in my resume through a friend. That is the fastest way to get an interview call. HRs sit on it. Best to get it to some Senior Manager.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult question. Just be confident and don't lie on resume ;)   Answer Question
    Be very careful, in most cases they hire people at a band lower than what is right for them. They do not disclose sub bands within a grade at the time of hiring. Like with Consultant they have Band 1 and 2. Be sure to ask such details and fight for the best deal.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mumbai
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at EY in January 2013.

The interview was conducted within two weeks of initial call from recruiter. The interview was a one on one. Since I had an idea about with whom the interview was scheduled I did a background check of the person from various social networking sites to understand the profile of the interviewer. The initial interview went for an hour with detailed discussion on my current role, interviewer wanted to understand if my industry knowledge was in-depth or not. The second round of interview was with the vertical head which was more of a generic discussion; I presume the objective was to understand me as a person rather than my technical knowledge. The initial offer was rolled out to me within a week of my second interview post which the negotiations went for around 10 days posy which I accepted the final offer.

Interview Questions
    • There were some questions which were related to the industry that I come from but were from parallel line of business. The interviewer here wanted to test if apart from knowledge of my LOB if I was aware of the market dynamics for my Industry, fortunately for me being in a strategic role I was updated about the market happenings.   View Answer
    Yes negotiation is possible however one has to be reasonable & understand which levers to be used to make a point. One needs to understand the kind of numbers the organization offers & then peg a number & follow it up with a strong reason.

Senior Consultant Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at EY.

Hiring was done through a employee referral. Met the service line head for one to one discussions. had telephonic technical interview followed by HR interview.

Senior Consultant Interview

Mainly asked about my past experience and my technical skills. Was asked some case study questions to know my way of working

No much. They matched the other offer I had at that time

Anonymous Employee  in  Pune
    Anonymous Employee in Pune

I interviewed online. The process took 4 months - interviewed at EY in January 2013.

It took almost 4 months in total process. I had been through 3 rounds. First being the Technical Round(Telephonic) and then it was followed by Managerial Round (Video Conferencing) and Partner Round.

Interview Questions
    • What do you prefer EnY over Deloitte, Accenture, IBM who are already a major player in the same field.   Answer Question

The Salary Offered was almost same as of my current take home salary. They had only considered the fixed pay and not the other allowances which I get,

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New Delhi
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at EY in August 2010.

Campus slection as welll as lateral hiring happens.
    From IIT,IIM,S P Jain,ISB hirings are run on campus.
    Lateral hiring process has interviews with senior managers followed by those with partner ,then HR and finally acceptance.

Interview Questions

Worked for EY? Contribute to the Community!