EY Senior Consultant Interview Questions

Updated 13 Apr 2015

Senior Consultant Interview

Interview

Telephonic interview + minimum 2 layers of management discussion (including Partner) + HR discussion. Interview process took over 5 weeks. At least one interview needs to be a face to face discussion

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for EY

Senior Consultant Interview

Interview

HR Interview followed by two rounds of technical interview. Taken by panel of about 6 people. Very tough to crack. One of the most difficult interviews. But can be cracked if well prepared.

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

interviewed at EY in January 2014.

Interview

3 rounds of interviews followed by a discussion with the partner !

Interview Questions

• Was asked to answer a scenario based question where I was supposed to convince a CXO about EY's proposal !   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at EY.

Interview

Got in my resume through a friend. That is the fastest way to get an interview call. HRs sit on it. Best to get it to some Senior Manager.

Interview Questions

• No difficult question. Just be confident and don't lie on resume ;)   Answer Question

Negotiation

Be very careful, in most cases they hire people at a band lower than what is right for them. They do not disclose sub bands within a grade at the time of hiring. Like with Consultant they have Band 1 and 2. Be sure to ask such details and fight for the best deal.

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at EY in August 2013.

Interview

1. Excruciating 3 long telephonic round. approx 5 hrs invested.
    2. video call with Director. seems quite rude to his employee. yelling on them and it was deal breaker for me.
    3. local Mallyali guy selected . seems sheer discrimination.
    4. Did not reimburse my travel expense.
    very regional centric and if you are north Indian. please do not join EY @ Kerala. , non they are going to hire you even if you are qualified.

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at EY.

Interview

Hiring was done through a employee referral. Met the service line head for one to one discussions. had telephonic technical interview followed by HR interview.

Senior Consultant Interview

Interview

Mainly asked about my past experience and my technical skills. Was asked some case study questions to know my way of working

Negotiation

No much. They matched the other offer I had at that time

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at EY (Mumbai) in January 2013.

Interview

The interview was conducted within two weeks of initial call from recruiter. The interview was a one on one. Since I had an idea about with whom the interview was scheduled I did a background check of the person from various social networking sites to understand the profile of the interviewer. The initial interview went for an hour with detailed discussion on my current role, interviewer wanted to understand if my industry knowledge was in-depth or not. The second round of interview was with the vertical head which was more of a generic discussion; I presume the objective was to understand me as a person rather than my technical knowledge. The initial offer was rolled out to me within a week of my second interview post which the negotiations went for around 10 days posy which I accepted the final offer.

Interview Questions

• There were some questions which were related to the industry that I come from but were from parallel line of business. The interviewer here wanted to test if apart from knowledge of my LOB if I was aware of the market dynamics for my Industry, fortunately for me being in a strategic role I was updated about the market happenings.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Yes negotiation is possible however one has to be reasonable & understand which levers to be used to make a point. One needs to understand the kind of numbers the organization offers & then peg a number & follow it up with a strong reason.

Anonymous Employee in Pune

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at EY (Pune) in January 2013.

Interview

It took almost 4 months in total process. I had been through 3 rounds. First being the Technical Round(Telephonic) and then it was followed by Managerial Round (Video Conferencing) and Partner Round.

Interview Questions

• What do you prefer EnY over Deloitte, Accenture, IBM who are already a major player in the same field.   Answer Question

The Salary Offered was almost same as of my current take home salary. They had only considered the fixed pay and not the other allowances which I get,

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai

Application

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at EY (Mumbai) in February 2011.

Interview

There were 2 rounds, they asked mostly on existing skill set and why you want to join the company..be honest and ask your detailed role

Interview Questions

Negotiation

negotiation centered around saying that EY is consultancy while industry has less weightage so will not consider your full experience