EY

Getting the Interview

75 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Consultant

I interviewed at EY in January 2014.

Interview Details 3 rounds of interviews followed by a discussion with the partner !

Interview Question – Was asked to answer a scenario based question where I was supposed to convince a CXO about EY's proposal !   Answer Question

Chennai

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at EY in November 2010.

Interview Details Rigorous rounds of interviews and analysis for selection. But post hiring different role might be given.

Interview Question – Case Analysis & Partner Interview   Answer Question

Senior Consultant

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at EY.

Interview Details Got in my resume through a friend. That is the fastest way to get an interview call. HRs sit on it. Best to get it to some Senior Manager.

Interview Question – No difficult question. Just be confident and don't lie on resume ;)   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Be very careful, in most cases they hire people at a band lower than what is right for them. They do not disclose sub bands within a grade at the time of hiring. Like with Consultant they have Band 1 and 2. Be sure to ask such details and fight for the best deal.

Mumbai

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at EY in January 2013.

Interview Details The interview was conducted within two weeks of initial call from recruiter. The interview was a one on one. Since I had an idea about with whom the interview was scheduled I did a background check of the person from various social networking sites to understand the profile of the interviewer. The initial interview went for an hour with detailed discussion on my current role, interviewer wanted to understand if my industry knowledge was in-depth or not. The second round of interview was with the vertical head which was more of a generic discussion; I presume the objective was to understand me as a person rather than my technical knowledge. The initial offer was rolled out to me within a week of my second interview post which the negotiations went for around 10 days posy which I accepted the final offer.

Interview Question – There were some questions which were related to the industry that I come from but were from parallel line of business. The interviewer here wanted to test if apart from knowledge of my LOB if I was aware of the market dynamics for my Industry, fortunately for me being in a strategic role I was updated about the market happenings.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Yes negotiation is possible however one has to be reasonable & understand which levers to be used to make a point. One needs to understand the kind of numbers the organization offers & then peg a number & follow it up with a strong reason.

Senior Consultant

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at EY.

Interview Details Hiring was done through a employee referral. Met the service line head for one to one discussions. had telephonic technical interview followed by HR interview.

Interview Question – Nothing   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No

Interviewed at EY

Interview Details Mainly asked about my past experience and my technical skills. Was asked some case study questions to know my way of working

Negotiation Details – No much. They matched the other offer I had at that time

Pune

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at EY in January 2013.

Interview Details It took almost 4 months in total process. I had been through 3 rounds. First being the Technical Round(Telephonic) and then it was followed by Managerial Round (Video Conferencing) and Partner Round.

Interview Question – What do you prefer EnY over Deloitte, Accenture, IBM who are already a major player in the same field.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The Salary Offered was almost same as of my current take home salary. They had only considered the fixed pay and not the other allowances which I get,

New Delhi

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at EY in August 2010.

Interview Details Campus slection as welll as lateral hiring happens.
From IIT,IIM,S P Jain,ISB hirings are run on campus.
Lateral hiring process has interviews with senior managers followed by those with partner ,then HR and finally acceptance.

Interview Question – Industry specific   Answer Question

Mumbai

The process took 2 days - interviewed at EY in February 2011.

Interview Details There were 2 rounds, they asked mostly on existing skill set and why you want to join the company..be honest and ask your detailed role

Interview Question – Why EY ?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – negotiation centered around saying that EY is consultancy while industry has less weightage so will not consider your full experience

New Delhi

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at EY in February 2011.

Interview Details I came from Industry background and not much of prior consulting experience. I was interviewed by 4 different people, 2 partners and 2 directors at EY in Delhi. I guess they wanted to make sure that I can take up the role of being a subject matter expert in the advisory services.

Interview Question – You are from an Industry background, how do you see yourself fitting in the consulting practice?   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at EY

Worked for EY? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at EY Senior Consultant interview questions and advice. All 75 interview reviews posted anonymously by EY employees and interview candidates.