EY Tax Staff Interview Questions

2.9

49 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bangalore
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days - interviewed at EY in September 2012.

Communication skill, Aptitude test, HR round and technical interview

Other Interview Reviews for EY

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bangalore
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at EY in July 2011.

1. A screening test is done to see how well the candidate can speak in front of some people. Basically the grammar, sentence formation and the knowledge towards the selected topic is observed here. The topics are given on the spot.
    2. Aptitude test for 90 mins. A combination of accounts, English essay or email writing, analytic ability and logical reasoning questions are to answered by the candidate.
    3. HR interview- Face to face interview with the HR to fix the salary and some basic accounting questions could also be asked here.
    4. Operations round - This is the technical round where in 2 or more people will interview the candidate. Basic and detailed accounting questions will be asked. This may take up to 45 mins.
    5. Manager round - A final call by the manager of the service line for which the candidate has applied. Few simple questions by the manager. The manager would ask to know the potential of the candidate and the readiness of the candidate for the job.

Tax Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sevilla (Spain)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sevilla (Spain)

interviewed at EY in July 2014.

I had only two interviews, one by phone and another 1 to 1. i reckon that it was a easy interview because another similar company hire me before, and I think they only knew this to hire me.

Tax Staff Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at EY.

Submitted the resume online (one through the school career website and one on the company website. Got the campus Interview. Mostly behavior questions. The hiring manager is nice and friendly. It is a good firm to work for. Only hired one student from my program this year.

Tax Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Three interviews. One partner and two senior managers. Mix of behavioral based questions with general conversation. Lunch with a couple staff members.

Interview Questions
    • How would you respond if one of your coworkers wasn't pulling their load with a project?   Answer Question

Tax Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fort Lauderdale, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at EY in April 2013.

Initial Interview about experience, education, other positions held

Tax Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at EY in October 2010.

Started as an intern through on campus recruiting.

Interview Questions
    • Normal interview questions, nothing specific that was difficult. A lot of team building/leadership questions.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation.

Tax Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cleveland, OH (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH (US)

I applied through college or university - interviewed at EY in October 2013.

The first interview was on campus. Interview has two parts. The first part is 15mins pre-interview. I was interview with an manager and a senior. The second part is 30mins. There is a pre-night before the interview, including dinner and bowling. No behavior questions in the first round interview. It is more about tell me youself and go thorough the resume.

Tax Staff Interview

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at EY in November 2013.

I was referred by an alumni.

The interview was very pleasant. They asked a lot of behavioral questions while telling me more about the position. They were open, nice and informative. They loved hearing about your plan to pursue higher training and your willingness to learn.

Interview Questions
    • Unexpected: What do you expect out of your first job after graduation?   Answer Question

Tax Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Detroit, MI (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at EY in October 2013.

On campus recruiting event. Followed by on campus interview with manager level person. Lasted 30 minutes, a couple behavioral questions, mostly conversational. Got call back for on-site interview. There was a dinner/social event the night before interviews. The office interview was 3 - 30 minute interviews with two managers, and a director/partner. Each interview focused on different areas, one was about team work, another on technical skills, and the third was mostly about problem solving.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you failed, and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Worked for EY? Contribute to the Community!