EY

Average Difficulty
15 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Gurgaon, Haryana

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at EY in March 2014.

Interview Details It begins with an Excel test. basic as well as some important excel formulas are asked like Vlookup,calculating sales, percentage, sum etc. If selected, this is followed by an interview.

Interview Question – Vlookup. not an important part of MBA (IT subject) course.   Answer Question

Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at EY in April 2014.

Interview Details Started with email contact and then phone interview. I was then brought in to do an in person interview with two managers and two senior managers. Was an easy process and my skill set fit their needs so worked for both sides

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for us?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Phone negotiation and were willing to go up a little but not much

Interviewed at EY

Interview Details Interviewed with several people over the course of 4 months. Usually the interviews were one on one. I visited the office 2 times during the interview process and had one phone interview.

Interview Question – - technical questions on the relationships between the different financial statements.
- questions on risk assessment
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I had very little room for negotiations

Transaction Advisory Services Senior

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at EY.

Interview Details First interview: Phone call, went through my background, and experiences, some technical questions on Transactions
Second interview: Case Study, the an hour and half of questions on the answers you provided to the case study
Third interview: partner interview, pretty much fitting and looking if you fit within the team

Interview Question – Case study   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No room. They studied the market pretty well.

New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university - interviewed at EY in September 2012.

Interview Details Submitted application through school, got the interview in a few days.

Interview Question – Describe the course you have learned. What is factor analysis?   Answer Question

Transaction Advisory Services Senior
Helsinki, Southern Finland (Finland)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at EY in March 2012.

Interview Details Online aptitude test, 1 face-to-face interview. Aptitude test was fairly easy, more about accuracy than quantitative abilities. Should be easy for everyone. Interview involved basic questions plus an easy back of the envelope case.

Should pay attention to basic questions as they seem to take them very seriously.

Interview Question – Have you ever failed in anything?   Answer Question

Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied through college or university and interviewed at EY.

Interview Details Applied through the college recruitment website. It was a 1 on 1 interview. Lasted 30 minutes. First 10 to 15 minutes were behavioral questions, which was easy. then the last 15 minutes was a case question. be prepared

Interview Question – case question   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

New York, NY (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at EY.

Interview Details Submitted resume through Indeed.com, but took 2 months to hear anything. Once initiated, went through 2 phone interviews based entirely on fit, followed by 2 in-office interviews. None of the questions were particularly challenging, but looked to match my experiences with the job at hand. Met one Manager, a Senior Manager, and two Partners.

Interview Question – Why are you interested in Transaction Advisory Services? As stated above, none of the questions were overwhelmingly challenging.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Wasn't any room for negotiation and I admittedly had zero leverage. They had researched pay grades based on years of experience and level which they stuck to.

Interviewed at EY

Interview Details First-round. Had a 30 min conversation with a senior manager.
Walked through resume and did a back-of-envelope case.

Interview Question – Market size case   Answer Question

Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 months - interviewed at EY in February 2012.

Interview Details First round was a phone interview, talked to the manager in the team that was recruiting.
Final round was an office interview, spoke to several people in the firm and followed by a lunch with some peers in the team

Negotiation Details – Just received the offer letter and accepted it without any negotiation

Worked for EY? Contribute to the Community!