Echo Global Logistics

Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Team Lead Interview

Team Lead

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Echo Global Logistics.

Interview Details four rounds interview, two phone calls and two face-to-face. Fairly easy. The only one I did not prepare at all.

Interview Question – none. at least 90% of my answers were correct.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – not as high as I expected.

.NET Developer Interview

.NET Developer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Echo Global Logistics in September 2013.

Interview Details Contacted by in-house recruiter on Linked-In regarding a Senior .Net Developer Position, and had a screen interview. Called back and spoke to head of recruiting department. After a few days, I was told I didn't have enough experience for the position, as I expected, and they would keep in touch. A month later I get contacted again to see if I was interested in a "mid-range position" since they had a hard time filling the Senior role. I agree and the next week, I had a in-person meeting with a Senior Developer, a Applications Manager, and 2nd level managers.

1st part was technical, with a guy asking things like "What kinds of joins are there?" and "What is the difference between an abstract and an interface?", basic .Net questions. This went fine, since it was easy and he seemed pretty relaxed about it.

2nd part was "culture" I am guessing, because the person I spoke too had a BA background. I was just asked basic questions about my previous jobs, favorite project, issues I have had, and so forth.

3rd was the only part I was iffy on, as it was just a discussion, which involved me having to explain my thought process on projects I had worked on, and to point out why I should have gone other routes, possible issues with that implementation, and so forth. Only thing I noticed is that he kept looking at his watch the whole interview, but he could have had a meeting. Other than that, I thought it went well.

4th part was just odd, as it was another second level manager who didn't make eye contact with me, only reading things off my resume and taking notes. It was awkward, but I saw no issue with anything I said during the process. At the end, he shook my hand, and made eye contact, for what seemed like a good 5-7 seconds, which I have to admit, through me off.

That was the onsite process, I get called the next week letting me know they didn't want to move forward and make me an offer, because I didn't go into enough detail and didn't seem to be strong enough technically for the position. Conversation finished with they would be in touch if anything else came up, because they thought "I was a great guy!"

Thinking about it now, I think what did me in was a mix of the technical and 3rd part of the interview. I could have gone into deeper details with the technical questions instead of giving stock answers, maybe talking about effect of idea or what have you, more or less I should have relayed my knowledge better.

I still think they were looking for a Senior type person (I have about 4 years of experience), but couldn't find one cheap enough, so they were hoping to get lucky with a senior level developer making less money somewhere else.

Interview Question – Tell me about what you have done with WCF   View Answer

Carrier Sales Representative Interview

Carrier Sales Representative

Interviewed at Echo Global Logistics

Interview Details 1st Phone interview. 2nd brought into interview with a recruiter. 3rd Brought in again to interview with manager and then will have you shadow a rep for 30 mins. Lastly they will reach out to you if you qualify for the position

Interview Question – Very basic interview questions with nothing out of the ordinary just be yourself   Answer Question

Entry Level Sales Interview

Entry Level Sales
Troy, MI (US)

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Echo Global Logistics.

Interview Details Pretty easy interview process. 2 phone interviews than a final on-site interview.

Interview Question – Why should we choose you over other more experienced canidates?   Answer Question

Client Sales Representative

I applied through college or university and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Echo Global Logistics.

Interview Details Applied online through the career services website and was contacted 2 weeks later by a recruiter. We spoke on the phone for about an hour and then she scheduled me for an in person interview. There I spoke with the recruiter, a manager and sat with the top representative for an hour watching her make calls and answer emails. Then I spoke with another manager after that. This was about 2 hours long. Then the next day I received a background check form. Once this cleared 10-14 days later I had my final phone interview with the VP in Chicago. A week after that I received an offer of 38,000 plus commission since I had previous sales positions which I took seeing that most get 35,000 starting.

Interview Question – Why should we hire you? What do you bring to ECHO that others do not?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Typical grads get 35,000. I was able to obtain 38,000 due to my various internships which I gladly accepted. Great starting salary with commission on top of that. Typical first year reps earn in the 40s and second year reps are in the 50s. Great company.

Scottsdale, AZ (US)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Echo Global Logistics in February 2013.

Interview Details Overall a positive experience and seems like a great company to work for if you are hardworking, optimistic and energetic. I was emailed by a Recruiter for a phone interview and she set up an office visit at the end of the call. Second interview consisted of two panel type interviews. One was a little impersonal and the other was more casual, gave me a lot of high level information on the company and the position but also really drilled down on specific things on my resume and put me on the spot with some mental math problem solving.

Interview Questions

Scottsdale, AZ (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Echo Global Logistics in March 2013.

Interview Details First, I had a very brief phone conversation with a Recruiter who asked basic questions about my job search, background, future goals, strengths/weakness, failures and aptitude for a sales job. After that, I was asked into the branch office, (which is in Oldtown right by the mall) for a second interview with the same Recruiter who asked more difficult questions this time around. She put me on the spot a lot but at the same time I still felt extremely comfortable and overall the interview was very conversational. It seemed as though she was genuinely interested in the things I had to say (which was refreshing for a change compared to other companies) as well as making sure this job was the right fit for me. She was extremely knowledgeable about the company and the industry and I also enjoyed hearing about her background. Then I shadowed someone in the actual role I would be doing and met with a Senior Manager. That part was very quick, direct and to the point but he was also very enthusiastic about the industry, the company and his job/team and was very upfront and realistic about what to expect.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were unmotivated to get something done and how did you get yourself back on track.   Answer Question
  • Give me an example of a time you had to influence someones point of view or decision when they may have had differing viewpoints or been reluctant to hear.   Answer Question
  • How assertive would you consider yourself? Tell me about a time you were able to positively assert yourself in a difficult situation and led by example.   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time you where not satisfied (or a collegue/superviosr/professor) with your personal performance.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Quick chat with the CHR in Chicago, a fairly lengthly and time consuming backgroud check with criminal, education, past employers, compensation history. Then I was told over the phone I was going to be given an offer and the Recruiter tried to feel me out as to an acceptable range. She gave me examples of what she'd seen in the past from similar candidates and emphasized Echo's strenths over other companys and helped me weigh by options.

Inside Sales Interview

Inside Sales

Interviewed at Echo Global Logistics

Interview Details If they don't offer you a job you must have really said something stupid.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation what so ever. If you don't like it they'll find someone else.

Carrier Sales Representative Interview

Carrier Sales Representative

I applied online - interviewed at Echo Global Logistics in May 2012.

Interview Details 1st Phone interview. 2nd brought into interview with a recruiter. 3rd Brought in again to interview with manager and then will have you shadow a rep for 30 mins. Lastly they will reach out to you if you fill the position.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary. Stick to team focused approaches to these answers. Also play up entrepreneur skills or tendencies.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to go 3000 higher than offered.
They start at 35000 but you can swing 40000 if you have some experience.

Logistics Sales Trainee Interview

Logistics Sales Trainee

Interview Details The initial process involved two phone interviews, one from the HR rep in the corporate office and one from the HR rep in the regional office where I was applying to work. Each phone interview consisted of basic behavioral based questions and I also had to walk them through my resume. They lasted about 15 minutes each.

Interview Question – Name the hardest part about your previous sales job   Answer Question