Echo Global Logistics

Getting the Interview

7 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Logistics Sales Trainee

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Echo Global Logistics.

Interview Details The initial process involved two phone interviews, one from the HR rep in the corporate office and one from the HR rep in the regional office where I was applying to work. Each phone interview consisted of basic behavioral based questions and I also had to walk them through my resume. They lasted about 15 minutes each.

Interview Question – Name the hardest part about your previous sales job   Answer Question

Scottsdale, AZ (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Echo Global Logistics in January 2013.

Interview Details met recruiter and sales person at career fair, was contacted a couple weeks later for a phone interview, then set up for me to go to the office where I met with same recruiter, shadowed a rep who was really cool and funny and then met two managers, "final interview" on the phone with the head of HR in the Chicago headquarters then got a background check and the offer a couple weeks later

Interview Question – Explain a time you failed at a task and what you learned from it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – they asked me questions about my other offers with diff companies-appears most kids right out of school get $35k but some who have more experience can get up to $40k? have different training classes and can choose. commission plan seems legit-uncapped-and can make bank in few years. they said expect the first year to be a brutal ramp up phase and it kind of takes awhile but get out what you put in sort of thing so worth it- im confident in my abilities so seems like a great gig

Troy, MI (US)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Echo Global Logistics in January 2013.

Interview Details really quick and informal phone interivew with a recruiter, then went into the office and met with same lady and went over my resume and job search in more detail, asked some behavioral type interview questions and some kind of put me on the spot but nothing too tough, had chance at end to ask questions and she gave me info on training, the job, her experience, which was nice becasue i was pretty confused on what what they did by just looking at the website. everyone was really casually dressed, like in jeans and i was in a suite so i felt a little out of place at first but they said that was was most peole wore for interviews and not to worry. then i shadowed one of the sales guys which was cool to see how the technology worked but no one answered on the cold calls so i didnt really get to hear him pitch to a new company. he did some negotiating with current customers which i really liked and then some other account managment stuff which he called "putting out fires", he was telling me about he did lead sourcing and mistakes he made when he started and was funny, the whole team was pumped about this happy hour for this team outing and they all seemed to be friends and seemed like a place i could really see myself fitting in at. branch supervisor met with briefly at the end and he was a little intimidating at first,straight to the point but seemed like he would be a efficient manager and someone i would want to work for. final part was a background check and a final phone interview with the Senior Director in Chicago which at first was pretty laidback and informal but he seemed pretty skeptical and i wasnt sure if he liked me or not.

Interview Question – tell me about a time you were unmotived to get a job done   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – gave me an offer and i accepted. im not sure if you can negotiate or not but i really wanted the job so i didnt push my luck.

Interviewed at Echo Global Logistics

Interview Details Was contacted via email and set up an initial phone interview. HR employee never contacted me and was forced to email them requesting a second interview time. An interview time as set up and was failed to be contacted again.

Troy, MI (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Echo Global Logistics.

Interview Details Interview process was pretty straight forward. First a phone interview where the interviewer spoke too fast I had to ask her numerous times to please repeat herself. All I could hear was typing in the background and she seemed to not pay any attention to what I was telling her. Received an e-mail stating they wanted to meet in person. 2 hour time period where I met with the same recruiter and had the same issues. She could answer any of the questions I had for her on the company which came off as really unprofessional. Met with the manager who was a little more personable. Spoke about my current/past jobs more than getting to know my personality and interest in the position they were looking for.

From what I've heard you only get hired in if you know someone. Environment was very unprofessional and lacked passion for what their jobs really were.

Interview Question – Explain your job search process   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Unprofessional

Logistics Sales Trainee

I applied online - interviewed at Echo Global Logistics in August 2012.

Interview Details The process included a phone interview and then two one-on-one interviews. One was with someone from HR the other was with the branch manager. I then shaddowed someone in the position that I had applied for. Overall it was a pretty quick and easy process but the job looked boring.

Interview Question – Mostly your basics, no curveballs really   Answer Question

Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Echo Global Logistics in February 2012.

Interview Details I came across Echo Global at a college career fair, and it seemed like a young, fun place to start my career, so I emailed the recruiter I met at the fair and received an email to set up a phone interview a few days later.

Phone interview consisted of "typical" interview questions such as "Why our company?" and "What are three characteristics you think it takes to be successful in sales?"

I received an email a few days later inviting me in for a one on one interview in the Chicago office. I was interviewed by two employees, one after the other, and then shadowed an employee for about 15 minutes. The second employee who interviewed me fired one question after the other and seemed to give little consideration to my answers, which threw me off a bit.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you had to think on your feet   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Echo Global Logistics

Worked for Echo Global Logistics? Contribute to the Community!

Echo Global Logistics Videos

Echo Global Logistics – Why Work for Us?

Take a look at the future of logistics... take a look at Echo. Driven, energetic and motivated – the Echo team is made of like minded individuals with one common thread, an opportunity to jumpstart a career at a… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Echo Global Logistics Logistics Sales Trainee interview questions and advice. All 7 interview reviews posted anonymously by Echo Global Logistics employees and interview candidates.