Echo Global Logistics National Account Manager Interview Questions

2.7

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

National Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA (US)
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Echo Global Logistics in September 2011.

First step: 10 minute HR phone screen, the classic "make sure s/he isn't a serial killer." Crisp and professional. They clearly do this every day. The 2nd step was a phone screen with the local sales manager. Again, she was thorough and professional. She asked me to make up a business and call her back the next day to pitch it at 10am. She did not break the 4th wall before, during, or after the pitch.

Interview Questions
  • I was asked to create a business plan and call back to "sell" it in a 5 minute pitch.   Answer Question
No negotiation. Standard comp package. Take it or leave it.

Other Interview Reviews for Echo Global Logistics

National Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied through other source. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Echo Global Logistics.

Phone interview with a recruiter(mostly ditzy cute girl asking about your resume. nice, but ditzy). 1-2 face-to-face interviews where you come in and shadow a rep for as long as it takes the way-too-busy single manager to get a chance to ask you a few questions.

Interview Questions
    • Don't really remember too many of them specifically except for the usual "think about a time when you were in a position to go beyond the call of duty" type prompts. "What do you see being a challenge for you in this position?"   View Answer
    Easy, they offered $35, I wanted $40, we agreed on #38. That was the highest base salary in the entry level sales position in the branch.

National Account Manager Interview

I had a phone interview that was terrible. The lady who gave me the interview was just so unwelcoming and unexcited. You could literally tell she was reading every question off a sheet of paper and would keep saying, "good, ok. great" after every answer. She doesn't make me want to work for them. Bad first impression.

National Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Echo Global Logistics in June 2011.

The interview started with one of the corporate recruiters calling and chatting with me for 15 minutes or so about the position. I came from another transportation company, so I was really receptive to what she was saying. After two phone interviews I came into the job shadow with a good idea of what I was getting myself into. The manager at the time (2011) was not very easy to read and asked some very basic questions. When I sat down for the shadow with a senior rep, I was able to loosen up a bit. The interview process feels a little like you are running the gauntlet, but once it’s all said and done, you leave knowing exactly what you are getting yourself into.

Interview Questions
    • Coming from the same industry, I was asked, “If you left your previous company, why do you think you would like it here?”   View Answer
    At the time there wasn't any negotiation phase. In 2012 the process changed and it’s on the table for discussion now.

Worked for Echo Global Logistics? Contribute to the Community!