Edward Jones

Updated 17 Nov 2014
Updated 17 Nov 2014

3.2

Financial Advisor Interview

Applied online and was contacted for a brief phone interview. I passed that and was then sent a email inviting me to a non mandatory open house I unfortunately could not make it to that specific date and 1 hour time slot. I called to follow up and sent emails never heard a word back.

Financial Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Edward Jones.

I initially applied in January and first had contact with someone by phone. I then had another phone interview and then a face to face interview in the area where I would be located at with another financial advisor. I then had a computer related test "Day in the Life of a Financial Advisor" is what it was called. Very basic but this is where most people wash out at from what I've heard.

Interview Questions
    • Doing the computer related part of the interview is where most people wash out at.   Answer Question
    Wasn't really a negotiation phase. They offered a base salary plus commission and I was satisified with that.

Financial Advisor Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Edward Jones.

I have my day in the life assessment in a couple of days. So far the process has been EXACTLY what they said it would. Everyone I've spoken with had been extremely nice and helpful. Even new FA's who don't even know me have taken their time to give me advice on the process.
    The questions they ask haven't been too difficult. What I've been told over and over and I really do believe is "just be yourself" and if it's meant to be it will happen.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time a goal was set for you and how you went about meeting that goal.   Answer Question

ATL Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Edward Jones in November 2014.

I applied online after seeing an office around my house. I received an email the next day requesting to set up a time to talk. I had a phone interview with a recruiter. She explained the process and gave me a timeline. After two weeks received a call that I had been selected for next interview. Two weeks later I had a face to face interview and had to do a presentation. I was notified I received the position two weeks after that. From first contact to start date was two months.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to do something you didn't have any experience with.....What was the outcome?   View Answer
    Not much negotiation due to not being licensed.

Financial Advisor Trainee (FACD) Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Edward Jones.

I interviewed a couple times.
    The first Interview was over the phone and it was behavioral questions.
    The second interview was face to face and they were situational. What would you do if a client did this etc.
    The third interview was again over the phone and it was based off of my branch plan.
    The final process was the financial advisor assessment. For 3 hours you are a financial advisor at a made up branch. Your basically handling all the pressures a Financial Advisor goes through daily. I have to say although I think it is great because it allows the interviewee to see if this is something they really want to do or not. They put more in 3 hours that I have actually seen go on.

Interview Questions
    • It is important you know how to build credibility and break the ice in initial contact.   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Trainee (FACD) Interview

The interviewing process is extensive and consist of 10 steps. 3 interviews, 1 Business Plan, and 1 simulation (the day in the life of a financial advisor). They are about to invest $75k in training if you receive and offer so they want to make sure that you are a good fit for the company and that the company is a good fit for you. They really care to see you succeed so they won't hire just anyone.

Interview Questions
    • The day in the life of a financial advisor was the most challenging part of the interview process because you are tested on your customer service skills, communication, networking, organization, and planning.   Answer Question
    There is no negotiating.

Financial Advisor Interview

Too regimentated and methodical. No room for ambiguity in the process. If you don't have a sterling and impeccable U4/U5 as a former advisor, you are stymied in the process at the outset (during the background check by Compliance after the initial phone screening). The interview process (and, I presume, the job itself) is glorified boot camp with no room for individuality or creative expression. You become an Edward Jones boot camp enrollee.

Financial Advisor Trainee (FACD) Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Edward Jones.

I did the Financial Advisor Internship this past summer. During which, I completed my Business Plan and Door knocking/Face-to-Face Contacts. These are important parts in the normal hiring process. For the Business Plan I got help from as many FA's as I could because you really aren't expected to know most of the goals for the Assets Under Management, Commissions, etc.

After the internship I was invited to reapply for an FA position. I had to go back and give them my employment history for the past 10 years. They will check on each one, so hopefully you saved your W-2's if they ask.

Next, I met with an FA at their office and went through an interview. The FA's that interview you are not going to try to stump you. They are only looking for your past (specific) experiences, and how much you really want the job.

About a week or two after I had an interview with Talent Acquisition. It lasted about 60 minutes and I wasn't thrown anything that I wouldn't be prepared for. They didn't really go over much of the Business Plan either. They then invited me to schedule the infamous Day-in-the-Life Assessment.

I'm not sure I can really say much about the DILA. It is a demanding, 3 3/4 hour process that just tries to see how you interact with clients, supervisors, and coworkers. Just don't let them get to you, they're actors. I thought I did horribly, but I found out I did very well as I got an offer the following day. Excited to begin! Good luck!

Interview Questions
    • Tell about a time when you were part of a team and one of the team members wasn't performing as well as you expected.   View Answer
    No negotiation.

Marketing Coordinator Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Edward Jones.

I was contacted by a recruiter at Edward Jones for a marketing position. The first scheduled phone interview was cancelled ten minutes after it was supposed to start. When we rescheduled, there was still some confusion on when the call was supposed to take place. After a half hour of phone tag, we finally had our interview. It went well. No out of the ordinary questions. She did follow up with me a few weeks later, but I did not get the position.

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Edward Jones in October 2014.

I applied for the market analyst summer internship program through my schools career services page. I was given the option to schedule a time to interview at our career services department on campus. I was interviewed by two individuals who had participated in the same internship a few years prior. The interview was predictable and they asked a number of behavior questions. There were also a few technical questions regarding the current market and recent stock news.