Egon Zehnder Interview Questions

Updated 18 Mar 2015

2.7

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Egon Zehnder (Gurgaon, Haryana) in February 2015.

Interview

Healthy Interview process discussing about strengths, negatives and positives. Previous job skills were discussed. Also the shortcomings were asked. Where do you want to see yourself. The added skills were discussed and countered. Work culture was discussed. The role applied for was asked to describe and elaborate. Companies similar to the one applied for were shared.

Research Analyst Interview Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Egon Zehnder (Gurgaon, Haryana).

Interview

I applied for the Analyst position with EZIRS through HR and received a call from HR team for interview. It was told to me that there are altogether 3 rounds of interview. I went to there office on scheduled time and waited for 1 hr then HR came (HR mentioned, she was not informed that I have come, very unprofessional since there were 2 reception counters whom I informed about contact HR). Than after preliminary HR round I shared my experience in brief and told my last drawn and expected CTC, HR made a note of that. HR told it's night shift (again unprofessional, as it was not mentioned on phone) I was given another Logical Reasoning and Research test for 2.5hrs, I finished that and waited for HR to come. HR told me to leave for the day and they will inform me in next 3-4 days, if I qualify. I received the next call and same HR confirmed that I have cleared the test (as I expected). As HR scheduled my interview for the final round and sent me an invitation in Google calender with the project lead. I again reached before time and my meeting was done on time, that went well as project and work related discussion was done and the lead looked satisfied. HR told me that my profile was perfect and liked by the lead and so HR proposed me the salary slab (for the 1st time). I was surprised to know that HR was under the impression, that she had already communicated the salary slab to me (again how unprofessional as she hadn't), though I was very positive and said please you can share with me now. HR told 3.5 is max. (which is way less than what I previously had). Even than I agreed to the same. HR told me that her manager would meet me for the final thing and that I have to wait for some time. Again HR came and told me manager is busy in induction so please wait a bit more, I waited patiently. After 15-20 mins HR came and told me that I can leave for the day as manager would like to discuss my profile with lead (I didn't know what to discuss more). HR told she would call me in 2-3 days. After 3 days I called up HR and asked about the status, 1st she refused to recall (highly unprofessional), than when I asked her more specifically that she was to call me, than HR said due to some "Protocol Issue" they can't process my candidature. As a best HR practice you have to decide over protocol (if any) and other candidate details prior candidate selection process and if criteria don't match that needs to be communicated initially only not when candidate clears all round, So my experience is - very unprofessional and unstructured HR practice.

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Egon Zehnder (Gurgaon, Haryana).

Interview

The process began with a call from a consultancy regarding an opening for "Data Executive" profile. Interview was scheduled and i reached their office on time. The recruiter there went through my resume and asked me some basic questions. She told me there was no opening for the profile I had come for but they could consider me for Research Analyst. It made me wonder what kind of firm does that! Yes I decided to go ahead and was handed over the sheets for the written test. Another test based on computer followed and I was told that I was done for the day. I received a call after the weekend telling me that I had cleared the initial rounds and was needed the next day to appear for further face-to-face interviews. I made myself available and was interviewed by HR head first and then the Research head. Subsequently I was told that I had cleared both the rounds and would soon receive the offer for joining. The catch is there was never a mention of salary or anything. I waited for 2 weeks during which i was repeatedly told over the phone that the paper work was stuck and would be sorted soon. Ultimately they tell me I have not been cleared by the research head. What happened in the 2 weeks?

Interview Questions

• The interviews were simple with no difficult questions as such. But its important to know that Business research is quite different from Science based research   2 Answers

Senior Research Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Egon Zehnder (Gurgaon, Haryana) in March 2014.

Interview

I had applied online, the headhunter shortlisted me and I visited the Gurgaon office at least 3 times, for the interview process. I cleared the written round, the HR discussion, round involving discussion with the Team Leader in India. The last interview I answered was a Skype interview with an industry specialist in Europe. She seemed positive about and impressed with my candidacy. I was assured I will be called again but eventually the headhunter informed me that they were more inclined towards another male candidate who was yet to answer the third round (though I had answered the fourth one).

The interview process is very long, with no clarity to the candidate.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if the information you seek isn't available online?   Answer Question

Associate-Information Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Egon Zehnder (Gurgaon, Haryana) in April 2013.

Interview

- Written test which basically revolves around candidate's work profile information. A little grammar and maths.
    - Long wait (which is not worth it)
    - A test again for your judgement (internet is also used in this one)
    - Boring interview with the manager or senior TL

Negotiation

They have a fixed bar set for it. You can't negotiate because expenditure is more important than the candidate.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Egon Zehnder in April 2013.

Interview

Initial rounds were introduction and written test which went well and thereafter I was called for a final round with the senior leadership team which involved HR interview.

Intern Interview

Interview

it was fun overall . The consultants were friendly and obviously focused on your past experiences. Be sure to know what you have learned from each experience . Got a good vibe from the company

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Egon Zehnder.

Interview

First a behavioral interview that lasted about 40 minutes, then a situational interview where I went through the process of figuring out who to hire for a position. No group interview and each interview was with one analyst from Egon Zehnder. Total interview time was 1.5 hours and was held at my university.

Interview Questions

• How would you go about the process of finding someone for ____ position at _____ company.   Answer Question

Summer Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Egon Zehnder (San Francisco, CA (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview process consisted of a phone interview that last about 30 minutes which was mostly behavioral, an explanation of what the company does, your potential position as a summer analyst and some questions for the interviewer. The phone interview did not need any real preparation, just some careful thought about how you would answer some questions like "what did you do in this situation when someone challenged you?" etc etc. The in-person interview took place at my university, which was two 45 minute back to back interviews starting with a behavioral interview and then a case. The case wasn't too difficult, it was just more about showing your enthusiasm and potential to the interviewer. They were more interested in seeing your thought process more so than the responses you came up with. Overall, not too difficult of an interview process. Just be confident, personable, do some research on the company, and you should be fine.

Interview Questions

• How would you go about researching filling a CFO position for Avon in North America? How do you handle situations where your superiors do not agree with your point of view? Why do you want to work for us?   Answer Question

Summer Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Berkeley, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Egon Zehnder (Berkeley, CA (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

Spoke with representatives at university sponsored career fair, dropped off resume. Got an email around two weeks later to schedule a phone interview. Phone interview was fairly informal, I had the chance to ask as many questions as I answered. Later that week got an email inviting me to an on-campus interview. On-campus interview consisted of two back-to back interviews. First was behavioral, where I answered and asked questions with two current Employees. Second interview was a case interview, modeling the executive search process with a few different stages.

Interview Questions

• To fill the company's requirements for this role, what industries would you begin to search in?   Answer Question