Egon Zehnder

Updated 18 Feb 2015
Updated 18 Feb 2015

2.7

Summer Research Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Egon Zehnder in November 2014.

Applied through campus recruiting. One on one phone interview was first. Interviewer was an alumnae from my university. Got through to the in-person interview with a couple of their analysts on-site. However, they did not even have the courtesy to tell me of my result, even after I had emailed them.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Egon Zehnder.

1 phone screen, 1 onsite interview, 1 phone interview with the specific office i was recruiting for. The whole process probably took about 3 weeks, and was pretty smooth. Really nice people, and almost everyone I talked to was an alumn from my school. They don't have a separate recruiting team - they do all the recruiting themselves which is really nice.

Interview Questions
    • Phone screen - background and resumé questions
      On-campus interview - 30 mins of background and resumé questions, 30 min case study. The case is not too difficult and usually involves walking through the search process (ie, they give you a search -- "we have been hired to look for a new Chief Marketing Officer at X company. How would you go about this search?) The idea is to be as structured as possible in your response, justify your assumptions, and communicate well with the interviewer.

Office-specific phone interview - they just asked some background questions, and why I was specifically interested in that office.

Answer Question

Receptionist Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Egon Zehnder.

Very easy to talk with them. Questions were kept general. Why do you want this job? Where do you see yourself in five years? Tell me about previous employment. They talked about the position and expectations. Company culture. Hours. Parking.

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through a college career website and was offered a first phone interview. The phone interview was behavioral and mostly allowing the company to get to know you. The interview asked questions about my resume and past experiences that I had that seemed relevant. I was then offered a second interview which was the case interview followed by more behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • The case interview was the toughest because I had never done one before.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Egon Zehnder.

Phone interview and then a case interview. Worst part was that after 90 min of my time spent interviewing they didn't even have the courtesy to formally tell me that I didn't receive an offer.

Interview Questions
    • How would you go about filling the role of an ad sales executive at a major newspaper?   View Answer

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Egon Zehnder.

Phone screening, in person case interview

Interview Questions
    • Knowledge of profit and loss statements   View Answer

While the company is great and the people are fantastic, not many people have heard of Egon Zehnder and I needed a bigger name on my resume

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Egon Zehnder.

The interview process was pretty straight forward. One initial interview with the office leader; one other day of interviews for cultural fit.

Pretty straight forward.

Intern Interview

First step is application with resume, cover letter, and transcript. Second step is a conversational phone interview of about thirty minutes in length, covering the resume and some conversational questions. The third step is the in-person interview, of 90 minutes in length. 45 of those minutes are devoted to a case interview concerning an actual executive search and where/at who you might look for the position. The other 45 minutes are another conversational interview - they want as many people as possible to meet and get a read on you.

Interview Questions
    • The case interview is not the kind studied for using Case in Point - it is an actual executive search.   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

30 Minute Phone Interview with a current research associate. I was asked about details of my resume, and then asked to describe one particular work experience that would be most analogous to the work that I would be doing at Egon Zehnder. The interviewer was very friendly and seemed to respond very well to my answers.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked about how I managed my work at a previous organization.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Egon Zehnder.

30 min phone interview followed by in person case study