Egon Zehnder

Relevance Date Difficulty

Intern Interview

Intern
Boston, MA (US)

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Egon Zehnder.

Interview Details 30 min phone interview followed by in person case study

Interview Question – needed to know a lot of information for case study   Answer Question

Summer Internship Interview

Summer Internship
New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Egon Zehnder in February 2013.

Interview Details Received a thirty minute interview after submitting a resume through my campus recruiting system. The interview appeared to be pretty casual. Focus was on describing each experience in my resume, and being able to describe me background and interests. Make sure you know the order and content of your resume. Try and relate it to the job you're trying for.

Interview Question – Can you describe how each of the experiences in the different countries you lived in have affected/developed you?   Answer Question

Research Summer Intern Interview

Research Summer Intern
Boston, MA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Egon Zehnder in March 2012.

Interview Details The interviewer came down to campus job fair and I sent him my resume. He then arranged a phone interview with me. Basic resume question on my experiences and interests.

Interview Question – all basic resume questions   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Research Analyst
São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Egon Zehnder.

Interview Details Boring talks with Directors, peers (Researchers) and then if approved you get an offer.

Interview Question – Why EZ?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Pretty normal

Research Analyst

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Egon Zehnder.

Interview Details I applied for the job through LinkedIn and received a phone call a couple days later. The interview very professional exactly what you would think that someone who works for a leading executive search firm is like.

The interview lasted maybe 20 minutes and I was asked some basic questions about my experience and qualifications and a screening question about salary expectations. At the end of the discussion I was invited to a face-to-face interview at their offices.

I went to their offices for the interview and got a very positive impression of the firm, the employees and the culture.

The interview went well and the questions were directed at my experience, what I did in my previous job, how I went about completing projects, my working style, what kind of workplace did I prefer, and what did I expect to be doing in 5 years. There were several questions about my collaboration and teamwork experience as the company values collaboration extremely highly. The interview was professional and more like a conversation at some points.

Everyone is very nice and the environment is not at all intimidating but it is very professional and you can tell that appearances are important.

Interview Question – All the questions were about skills, experience, background and working style. There were no "behavioral" questions (e.g. Tell me about the time you showed courage) or trick questions (e.g., How many buses are there in Los Angeles?) .

The job was a good match for my background and I researched the company prior so I was prepared for the standard questions they asked.
  Answer Question

Research Analyst
São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Egon Zehnder in October 2011.

Interview Details Conversation with General Manager, then with Research Principal, then a few of the other Researchers and then received an offer.

Interview Question – Why Egon Zehnder?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Tough, ceiling of Research area is R$8,000/month

Intern, Research Analyst Interview

Intern, Research Analyst
Palo Alto, CA (US)

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Egon Zehnder in June 2012.

Interview Details I contacted the company because I was in the area and needed some work experience before applying to jobs. The phone interview was pretty boilerplate, standard behavioral questions (greatest strengths, why interested in company, etc.) After the interview ended, I was asked to come in to the company for a one on one interview, where I was told I would be given a test. I haven't completed the 1:1 interview yet, so no word on contents of the interview or test.

Interview Question – Why are you interested in this job?   View Answer

Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Egon Zehnder in October 2011.

Interview Details The interview process began with a phone interview of about 30 minutes in length, which was made up primarily of behavioral and informational questions. Next, I was notified by email that I was invited to interview in their office down town the following week. This interview was roughly 3 hours, and was the conglomeration of 2 1:1 interviews and a group interview, as well as a written skills test. The interviewers were all extremely kind and their personalities/enthusiasm were one of the deciding factors in my decision to accept their offer. I met with my supervisor, a leading consultant as well as two research associates that will work with me during my internship. Altogether, I had a very positive experience interviewing with EZI, and I expect that it was indicative of the time I am to spend there.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you worked on a project start to finish. What was the situation? How did you address the problem? What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Summer Research Analyst Interview

Summer Research Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Egon Zehnder in June 2011.

Interview Details The phone interview was easy and consisted of questions about what I had done and was doing in school that was relevant to the research position. It was also about my interest in executive search (it's okay if you don't know anything about executive search). They really like curiosity! Work culture is very female dominated and collaborative!

Interview Question – What was the most interesting job you've had and why?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Egon Zehnder in December 2010.

Interview Details I applied to the internship program which was prepared for the first time but it appears that they will continue doing it every year. It is usually for the Spring Semesters where they take a bunch of interns in each office location provide them with a very good training and select about 30% of interns at the end of the internship to offer a full-time position.
I had a half an hour phone interview first with two Research Associates then I was brought to their office for a round of interviews which included the Research Associates and the Head of Research. After explaining a bit about the company they allowed me to speak for more than half an hour about myself, interests and accomplishments. They are very nice and friendly. Goodlooking peole and very well dressed up so I guess you cannot expect to dress casual and always take care of you appearance.
Also, they kind of want to learn about your personality, your interests and goals and they explained that the hierarchy at the company is very horizontal. No technical questions were asked. The only thing they asked me to do is do a reasoning exercice where I was given a text and a resume I needed to comment on. It was very easy and they informed me that they were impressed. Then I was invited for a second round but it wasn't an interview just meeting the consultants and partners at the office.

Interview Question – You come from a technical background why are you interested in doing some qualitative work instead.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – I wanted to join but as an international student my employment authorization document got delayed and for that reason they couldn't accomodate me since they waned me to start at a certain date as they seem to have invested heavily in their training program. The pay wasn't going to be great (12 USD an hour).

Interviews for Top Jobs at Egon Zehnder