Egon Zehnder Interview Questions

Updated 18 Mar 2015

2.7

Summer Consulting Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Egon Zehnder in January 2015.

Interview

30 minute phone interview screening. I talked with the head recruiter for my university. He asked basic fit questions. The interviewer was friendly, though a tad awkward on the phone; he also called about 15 minutes late. Presumably there would be a case interview after, but I never heard anything back from the company.

Summer Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Egon Zehnder in January 2015.

Interview

The first interview was a phone screening with basic questions about your resume. I had positive feedback when referencing specific things Egon Zehnder does (such as a fixed-fee payment for assignments). The second is a case interview and a behavioral interview. The first interview took about 25 minutes and the second one will take roughly 2 hours.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years? What experience do you have that would qualify you for this position? What does EZ do? Tell me about research you have done. What leadership roles have you had? Have your resume at hand in order to reference it.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Egon Zehnder.

Interview

Applied via campus recruiting. Had an initial in person interview that consisted of a behavioral style with one practitioner and a case style interview. The case was pretty much a walkthrough of how you would approach a typical search assignment. It is more about the quality of the questions you ask and how you think about the situation rather than your knowledge of search.

Interview Questions

• how would you go about researching how much an executive at this level should be paid?   Answer Question

Summer Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Egon Zehnder.

Interview

phone interview and then a following behavioral interview and then a case interview. 2 on 1 case interview, somewhat of a stess interview. basically describe an executive search process thoroughly, how you would go about finding a cfo or a ceo for a certain company given these criteria

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Egon Zehnder (Boston, MA (US)) in November 2014.

Interview

Did 3 round of interviews. Many of the questions are typical just have examples ready. There is scenario testing to see how you rationalize and problem solve. Be prepared to explain.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I used an agency. I got exactly what I asked for.

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Egon Zehnder in November 2014.

Interview

Applied through campus recruiting. One on one phone interview was first. Interviewer was an alumnae from my university. Got through to the in-person interview with a couple of their analysts on-site. However, they did not even have the courtesy to tell me of my result, even after I had emailed them.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Egon Zehnder.

Interview

1 phone screen, 1 onsite interview, 1 phone interview with the specific office i was recruiting for. The whole process probably took about 3 weeks, and was pretty smooth. Really nice people, and almost everyone I talked to was an alumn from my school. They don't have a separate recruiting team - they do all the recruiting themselves which is really nice.

Interview Questions

• Phone screen - background and resumé questions
      On-campus interview - 30 mins of background and resumé questions, 30 min case study. The case is not too difficult and usually involves walking through the search process (ie, they give you a search -- "we have been hired to look for a new Chief Marketing Officer at X company. How would you go about this search?) The idea is to be as structured as possible in your response, justify your assumptions, and communicate well with the interviewer.

Office-specific phone interview - they just asked some background questions, and why I was specifically interested in that office.

Answer Question

Receptionist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Egon Zehnder.

Interview

Very easy to talk with them. Questions were kept general. Why do you want this job? Where do you see yourself in five years? Tell me about previous employment. They talked about the position and expectations. Company culture. Hours. Parking.

Summer Analyst Interview

Interview

I applied through a college career website and was offered a first phone interview. The phone interview was behavioral and mostly allowing the company to get to know you. The interview asked questions about my resume and past experiences that I had that seemed relevant. I was then offered a second interview which was the case interview followed by more behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• The case interview was the toughest because I had never done one before.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Egon Zehnder.

Interview

Phone interview and then a case interview. Worst part was that after 90 min of my time spent interviewing they didn't even have the courtesy to formally tell me that I didn't receive an offer.

Interview Questions

• How would you go about filling the role of an ad sales executive at a major newspaper?   1 Answer