Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Average Difficulty
23 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Chicago, IL (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in July 2014.

Interview Details Applied online.

Phone interview with a woman from HR. Pretty straightforward. She asked about my previous experience and why I was interested in this position.

First face to face interview was with the same woman from HR. Asked most of the same questions as over the phone, mostly about my previous experiences. She told me a lot about the company and why the Trainee program is so great. She seemed really interested in me, both over the phone and in person. Told me the next step would be an interview and observation of a local branch. Left with a great feeling.

Next face to face interview was at a local branch with that branch manager and the area manager. Met the assistant manager of the branch first and he was very happy and excited to talk to me about coming to work for the company. Both the branch manager and the area manager were happy and excited to talk to me as well. Asked about previous experience and for examples of dealing with customers, especially unhappy ones. Asked what motivated me in the workplace, and why I wanted this position. Both seemed to like me and what I had to say. They let me know that the next step would be a final interview face to face with the VP of HR. I left this interview with a great feeling too. Got a phone call an hour later confirming my interview with the VP of HR for a few days later.

Met with the VP of HR. He asked me for my impressions of the people I had met and about the interactions I had witnessed at the local branch. He asked if I still had any unanswered questions, and I didn't. Everyone had been great about answering my questions along the way.
He asked if I would be okay with working the 7:30 am-6 pm hours 5 days a week and I confirmed that I would be. He then went on a tangent about how he hates when people take the job and then complain about the hours later when they had fair warning. The hours had been discussed with me in literally every interview (over the phone, with HR, the local and area managers and now the VP of HR and I think they were even listed on the job posting). He seemed really upset about the people who complain about the hours. I never indicated that I would have a problem with the hours so I was a little shocked that he seemed so upset.
He then asked if I had a car or would be relying on public transportation. Since I live in the city of Chicago, I don't have my own car right now but I have full access to my aunt and uncle's car who also live in the city. I told him this information and then he went on another tangent about how it's not the company's fault if my career doesn't advance as fast as I want it to because I don't accept a promotion to a branch that isn't close to public transportation. I was shocked that he would assume that I would blame the company for that and explained to him that I am willing to buy a car if that is what it takes to help further my career. It was like he didn't hear me, didn't believe me, or didn't care because he basically repeated that I can't get upset if I turn down promotions because of lack of transportation. I left this final interview feeling horrible. I couldn't tell if this guy was trying to make the decision for me by assuming that I would complain about the hours and turn down promotions based on not having a car. He also did most of the talking in this interview which was another sign of trouble, seeing as most interviews are about getting to know me as a person and a professional and finding out if I would be the right fit for the company.

I got an email a few days later saying thanks for interviewing with us but we're unable to offer you a position.

I am still very confused as to what exactly happened. The interview with HR and the interview with the local and area branch managers all seemed to go very smoothly. We all got along really well, they seemed to have liked what I had to say in response to their questions. And then the final interview everything went upside down.
He did all the talking. And it honestly felt like a lecture. I was shocked. Before that interview I was positive I would be getting an offer. After that interview, I don't know how to feel.

Interview Questions

Reservation Sales Representative Interview

Reservation Sales Representative
Chicago, IL (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in March 2014.

Interview Details applied online on the company website, took a week to hear from the hiring managers, an assessment test, included math test, technology questions, behavioral, role play test.
scheduled an interview, the interviewer was nice enough to educate you to have a cheat sheet and resume in front of you.
Initial Interview from enterprise manager, email from the manager not to consider me for the position.

Interview Question – Were you given any targets, or sales goals?   Answer Question

Downers Grove, IL (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in January 2014.

Interview Details Received a phone call to setup an interview the same day that I applied. Went to the initial interview with the recruiter in the corporate office. Pretty standard interview where do you see yourself in 5 years, behavioral questions about how you've handled various situations in your work experience, etc. After that interview I got a call back 2 days later to setup a 2nd interview and job shadow at a location closer to my home. Went into that location and met with the Branch Manager and the rest of the employees working that day learning about the software, what the day to day work is like, etc. After that I met with the Area Manager in which we had an interview that was about 45 minutes, same time as the first one and consisted of similar questions. The Area Manager told me that somebody would contact me within the week and nobody did. So, I sent my recruiter an email a week after the 2nd interview following up about it and they said I would not move on to the next step. All-in-all, I thought it was a pretty standard interview process. To be honest, I thought I did everything right and might have just gotten unlucky on the timing. Either way, it was a fairly positive experience and I would recommend it to fellow entry-level job seekers.

Interview Question – n/a all the questions were standard/expected   Answer Question

Highland, IN (US)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in January 2014.

Interview Details I was called in for an interview for the Management Trainee program. I went to a local Enterprise store, asked for the person interviewing me, and then was taken to a back room. It took place in a small office with the interviewer at his desk and I sat on the other side. The interviewer asked mostly typical interview questions (Why do you want to work at Enterprise?), but he also threw in a few curveballs

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you provided excellent customer service.   View Answer

Management Trainee Intern Interview

Management Trainee Intern
Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in November 2012.

Interview Details I landed an interview by applying through my school's website. My first interview was business professional and I spoke with one of the recruiters. He spoke very fast and asked many questions. Furthermore, I was expected to ask questions about the company as well. I'm glad I prepared three different questions because he was definitely impressed. My second interview was at a branch near my house. It was with the area manager. It was a lot shorter and relaxed. We talked about many of the same things I did in the first interview. He then told me that he would contact me about the decision within a few weeks. About 3 weeks later I got an offer and accepted it.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for our company?   Answer Question

South Suburban, IL (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in September 2013.

Interview Details I applied online and received a phone call from the HR man for Chicago. He asked a few simple customer service questions and where do I want to be in five years. We set up and interview together a few days later. There I had a 30 minute interview and at the end of it he told me what I did wrong because he "liked me." I then had my next interview at an actual Enterprise location. I shadowed them for a half an hour, got a tour, and then had an interview with the woman who was the branch manager. I got by the end of the week from the original HR man who said he and the branch manager really liked me, but they were going with another candidate. He said they never call people to reject them, but he wanted to call me because he wanted me to apply again in six months.

Interview Question – What did you want to do before this?
When was a time you were competitive?
You don't seem like the type of person for this position. Prove to me I'm wrong.
  Answer Question

Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in December 2012.

Interview Details First I was contacted for a phone interview. From that point there were three additional interviews. Once that was with the district recruiter, the next with the managers at the branch that I will be located and the other with the head of the district.

Interview Question – Why did you apply to Enterprise?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The hours were too much for the amount getting paid. 49+ hour work week.

Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in January 2013.

Interview Details Recruited on campus... first round interview and then a final interview

Interview Question – What is one thing you would change about this job or company?   View Answer

Naperville, IL (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Interview Details (THIS WAS FOR ILLINOIS, I MOVED LATER) 3-step process. 1st with recruiter, 2nd shadow/interview with area manager, 3rd with Regional Vice President.

Interview Question – You are about to open up a restaurant, it is the day before the grand opening. You have your wait staff, cooks, hosts and management in one room. Give me the speech you would give them to 1. motivate them to make money and 2. ensure excellent customer service.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, set pay for every management trainee.

Staff Accountant Interview

Staff Accountant
Chicago, IL (US)

I applied online - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in June 2012.

Interview Details Basic interview. Strengths/Weaknesses. Tell me about yourself. Situations in which you went above and beyond. What type of manager do you enjoy working for.

Worked for Enterprise Rent-A-Car? Contribute to the Community!