Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Updated 15 Dec 2014
1,615 Interview Reviews

2.8

Placement Year Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Through to the 4th stage out of 5 which is a branch visit. Telephone interview and face to face where largely similar, just face to face in more depth. Lots about sales technique and customer service skills

Manager Trainee Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

First you apply online and then within a few days a recruiter sends you an email to set up a phone interview. If all goes well then you are set up for your first in person interview at their headquarters, which for me was 2 hours away. Then you get another email telling you the directions and what to wear, for men a business suit. Then your interview begins with the recruiter and he/she asks you basic questions, why enterprise, and are you competitive (which is a huge plus if you are), then they describe the job and how it will be 40,000 a year. Thats pretty much your salary, no overtime pay no nothing. Work over 50 hours a week for the flat pay of 40,000 a year. Yup thats why i didn't take the job.
    Then there were two more in person interviews, the hardest was the second one with regional manager. He will drill you to find out everything about you and to get to know you. Then the last one is with the Vice President. If you don't make it with him then you do not get the job.

Management Trainee Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in May 2014.

Phone Interview --

I applied online. I received a phone call and had a short phone interview. This interview was done by recruiter's assistant, and she asked questions about my work history as well as explained hours/pay info. I was then set up for an interview with the Talent Acquisition Manager.

Interview #1 --

The interview with the Talent Acquisition Manager included some behavioral based interview (BBI) questions and general conversation about myself and opportunities at the company. She seemed to look for someone with a positive attitude and a friendly demeanor; I feel I delivered it with authenticity. We spoke about previous jobs, college, hobbies and interests, and she asked a lot of questions to get a good grasp on who I am. It took about 1 hour, and I was told at the end of interview I would be moving on to the next interview with the Area Manager and Branch Manager. She emailed me a link to complete my background check while I continued on in the interview process. Followed up with 'Thank You' email

Interview #2 --

This interview took place in a branch with an Area Manager and Branch Manager. It involved shadowing employees and more BBI questions from both interviewers. They also explained more about the company, and they were very clear about the long hours/hard work involved. This is the step that was most difficult for me. The Area Manager asked some hard questions about my work experiences, and she appeared to be looking to weed out weak candidates. Total process took about 2-3 hours. I shook her hand, and thanked her for her time. Followed up with 'Thank You' emails.

Interview #3 --

I received a phone call 3-4 days later, and I was set up to speak with the Regional VP. That interview took about 1 hour, and I simply had a conversation about who I am as a person ... No difficult questions or BBI questions whatsoever. I felt rather comfortable, and I expressed my joy in working with customers. It was apparent Regional VP was looking for personality more than anything. I was job offered right on the spot at the end of interview, and I immediately accepted.

They look for genuine and outgoing people who are not afraid to talk/connect with others. Be yourself!! Also, be prepared for BBI questions and have several examples ready in your mind. Smile, and look for ways to connect with employees and managers.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you made a mistake. What did you do? How did you handle the situation, and would you do anything differently?   Answer Question
    Rate of pay was non-negotiable, and everyone in the company starts at the bottom. I simply accepted the offer in person.

Management Trainee Interview

I went through one interview on the phone and then 3 interviews in person. Each interview was with someone higher up the corporate ladder than the previous. They weren't really tough interviews but it all depends on who is running that district. They like up front and peppy people with a hard work ethic. More of an "A" type personality.

Interview Questions
    • If I were to offer the position to you right now, would you take it?   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Everyone has to apply online and If you know someone who works for the company I recommend you use their employee number for a referral (there are usually referral bonuses). Then there is a phone interview. Then you get a 1 on 1 face interview with the HR Manager. Then a branch visit where I recommend you take time to talk to the people in the office and be social instead of awkwardly sitting in a chair for an hour. You can even jump in to answer customer questions about directions or city sites if you are able. Then comes the one on one interview with the a Branch Manager and then with the Area Manager (sometimes you get them together).

Interview Questions
    • There are a lot of behavioral type questions. These will focus on customer service and solving/diffusing difficult situations with a customer or several customers at once.   View Answer

Management Trainee Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

3 interviews- not bad; my first interview we discussed sports; my second interview we discussed sports; my 3rd and final interview was the only serious one with the city manager.

Interview Questions
    • What is most important, customer service or sales? Answer in interview is CS however that is NOT really the answer once you start.   View Answer

Return Agent Interview

Asked a few questions about work ethic but nothing very difficult. They ask things like how important is being punctual to you, and about honesty toward customers, and about how important customer service is to you. It is not a very difficult interview.

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in December 2014.

Step 1: Phone Screen
    Step 2-3/5: In Person Interviews

I applied online and was scheduled for a brief phone screen. During the phone screen the interviewer asked a list of very standard questions (eg. are you at least 18?, have you ever had a moving violation?. etc...). Then came the question do you have a BA/BS or an MS/MBA in Accounting. I told the interviewer that I have a BS in Economics with lots of Accounting coursework and that I am near the completion of an MBA in Accounting. The interviewer then advised me I was disqualified because for "legal" reasons ERAC requires its accountants to have a completed degree in accounting on either the undergrad or grad level. After attempting to explain to the interviewer the close correlation between a Business Economics Degree and an Accounting Degree the interviewer told me that ERAC's policy didn't allow for such a consideration and that even BS in Finance grads were not qualified to be considered for this accounting role. Apparently the people who made these rules have no clue how closely correlated a BS in Accounting / Finance / Economics is. In my short experience with ERAC I have to say that this is a typical corporation that has a system and is unwilling to authorize the use of initiative through its employees even if it means the company will lose talent.

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, NY (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in December 2014.

Filled out an online application and within two days received a personal email from the director of recruitment. From there I set up a date and time for a phone interview. Initial interview was very short and asked the same basic questions, "Name a difficult experience", "Have you ever had to complete a goal"...

Interview Questions
    • Even though you will be a management intern, are you willing to do the dirty work such as washing cars and driving people around?   Answer Question

Compensation was relatively low compared to other internships.

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD (US)

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in December 2014.

I filled out the application online, was called for a phone interview which I passed, then went in for a face to face interview with the talent acquisitions specialist. The interviewer appears to be looking for an aggressive salesperson more than a manager. So thats probably why I didn't get the job