Enterprise Rent-A-Car Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 26, 2014
1,492 interviews

2.8

Management Trainee Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in May 2014.

Phone Interview --

I applied online. I received a phone call and had a short phone interview. This interview was done by recruiter's assistant, and she asked questions about my work history as well as explained hours/pay info. I was then set up for an interview with the Talent Acquisition Manager.

Interview #1 --

The interview with the Talent Acquisition Manager included some behavioral based interview (BBI) questions and general conversation about myself and opportunities at the company. She seemed to look for someone with a positive attitude and a friendly demeanor; I feel I delivered it with authenticity. We spoke about previous jobs, college, hobbies and interests, and she asked a lot of questions to get a good grasp on who I am. It took about 1 hour, and I was told at the end of interview I would be moving on to the next interview with the Area Manager and Branch Manager. She emailed me a link to complete my background check while I continued on in the interview process. Followed up with 'Thank You' email

Interview #2 --

This interview took place in a branch with an Area Manager and Branch Manager. It involved shadowing employees and more BBI questions from both interviewers. They also explained more about the company, and they were very clear about the long hours/hard work involved. This is the step that was most difficult for me. The Area Manager asked some hard questions about my work experiences, and she appeared to be looking to weed out weak candidates. Total process took about 2-3 hours. I shook her hand, and thanked her for her time. Followed up with 'Thank You' emails.

Interview #3 --

I received a phone call 3-4 days later, and I was set up to speak with the Regional VP. That interview took about 1 hour, and I simply had a conversation about who I am as a person ... No difficult questions or BBI questions whatsoever. I felt rather comfortable, and I expressed my joy in working with customers. It was apparent Regional VP was looking for personality more than anything. I was job offered right on the spot at the end of interview, and I immediately accepted.

They look for genuine and outgoing people who are not afraid to talk/connect with others. Be yourself!! Also, be prepared for BBI questions and have several examples ready in your mind. Smile, and look for ways to connect with employees and managers.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you made a mistake. What did you do? How did you handle the situation, and would you do anything differently?   Answer Question
    Rate of pay was non-negotiable, and everyone in the company starts at the bottom. I simply accepted the offer in person.

Sales Management Trainee Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Very thorough process consisting of 3 rounds of interviews. many of the questions are redundant but I think what they're really looking for is consistency and personality. The second round is the most rigorous consisting mostly of situational questions, "tell me about a time when..." they're looking for very specific examples so make sure you come prepared with lots of details.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in 3 years? 5 years?   Answer Question
    • What are the 3 most important factors you are looking for in a career?   View Answer
    I did not try to negotiate

Management Trainee Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in August 2014.

Applied for a position outside of my current city. Scheduled a phone interview with the recruiter it lasted about 10mins. She asked questions about employment history. But the main focus of the conversation was about my familiarity with sales. Are you still willing to relocate? What are will you be in specifically to properly place you? Have you ever been in a sales position? How often do u up sell?

Branch Manager Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in June 2010.

The initial interview process is thorough and the biggest thing that enterprise looks for is sales ability. Many people who interview go through a 2 or 3 interview process that can be very intimidating for a newly graduated college grad. Obviously the other big thing they look for is enthusiasm and ability to deal with customers on a daily basis. Once within the company, interviewing becomes who can sell the best and who you know will get you the job or lose you the job.

Interview Questions
    • Role playing selling something to the interviewer in the second interview with the area manager.   Answer Question
    Straight forward and no wiggle room

Manager In Training Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in August 2014.

Interview process was lengthy as below:
    Telephonic basic questions 10-15 mins, 1st round with HR more detailed about one's experience or skill you possess related to sales - 30-45 mins, 2nd round with branch manager same as the HR but more about sales and future thinking of one in the company, 3rd round HR manager 15 mins quick intro, prospects of employment and was offered the job as well.

Interview Questions
    • Two similar job offers why choose one?   View Answer
    • Difficult situation with a colleague and how you handled it ?   View Answer
    • Sales targets reached and not reached in previous jobs?   Answer Question
    • A situation in customer service which you went above and beyond?   Answer Question

The training is intended to last 8 months later a performance based appraisal will get you the position of assistant branch manager which I felt a bit dicey. Employees at a branch were stuck in the position for more than 1 1/2 years. Also the work week is around 48 hours and very much sales driven.

Management Trainee Interview

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in May 2013.

Consisted of three parts:

First a brief phone interview just to gauge interest. It was very relaxed, low stress with very few prodding questions. Basic interests, why you applied, what you know about the company and position.

Second was a skype interview, accept they don't use skype.. they use a third party web conference program that quiet frankly.. sucks. You get a 10 second delayed feedback of your own voice coming back out your speakers which was pretty distracting. Mute your sound when your answering a question and un-mute when your interviewer starts talking again.

Third and final step was an in person interview at a local location. Takes about half hour, and included every single cliche interview question imaginable, strengths - weaknesses - where do you see your self in 5 years - tell me about a time you failed - tell me a time when you reached and grabbed success - all the typical stuff. After the third interview you get a call a few days later with the outcome.

Interview Questions
    • All were very standard, but when they asked "Where do you see yourself in 5 years?"   View Answer

Pursued a better paying internship

PT Service Agent Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in July 2012.

The hiring process was fairly easy. You are first emailed by the recruiter to set up a phone interview which they will ask a series of questions about yourself. After the phone interview with the recruiting if you are selected you will then have a one on one interview with the branch manager. After that interview the manager will offer you the job or thank you for you time. If you accept the offer you will meet with HR to complete the hiring paper work.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time you had to deal with an ethical Dilemma.   Answer Question
    Non Negotiable

Part-time Driver Interview

I interviewed through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in February 2010.

very easy process, need good, clean driving record;very easyprocess, need good, clean driving record, very easy process, need good, clean driving record;very easy process, need good, clean driving record very easy process, need good, clean driving record

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Kansas City, KS (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, KS (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Phone Interview, HR rep Interview, Area Manager Interview, Group Rental Manager Interview, Hire. Sales, Sales, Sales, Organization, Prioritization, Self driven, independence, competitiveness. and love of money. ...sales, sales, sales, and sales.

Standard

Management Trainee Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

The process was good. Had a phone interview with HR, then a in person interview with HR and also a in person interview with Area Manager. The process went well, but I ended up declining the offer, it is a good role to start off, but I have heard that it is a customer service position fully and you need to wear a suit to wash cars.

Interview Questions

I was looking for more of an analytical role. This position is good for customer service and sales. Pretty easy to get this positon for new college grads.

Worked for Enterprise Rent-A-Car? Contribute to the Community!