Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Getting the Interview

1,313 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Management Trainee Interview

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Interview Details Initial interview was by phone with the HR Associate. After your first phone interview, you meet with the branch and/or area manager for a second interview. The final interview was with the area manager's boss (forgot his position) If you make it to the third interview, you basically have the job.

Interview Question – Questions about the company or scenarios. ex. " Describe a time when you...." Be prepared to ask questions at the end.   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Management Trainee Intern Interview

Westbrook, ME (US)

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in April 2014.

Interview Details Applied online through the Enterprise website. Received an email within 5 days from a hiring person, scheduled a phone interview which was less than 10 minutes, met in person with area manager. First real interview and was much easier than expected. Very friendly people at all stages.

Interview Question – None, difficult customer situation, what is customer service to you, where do you see yourself after school.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None.

Sales Management Trainee Interview

Central Junction, GA (US)

I applied online and interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Interview Details I applied for two positions with this organization in central Georgia in early April 2014.

Interview Question – Unfortunately, no one has either acknowledged or made contact with me by phone or by e-mail.   Answer Question

Springfield, MO (US)

I applied online and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in April 2014.

Interview Details I applied online and was contacted within a few days through the HR Talent Acquisition guy. Phone interview with him was very pleasant, he was very positive about my work experience, my college degree, and my answers to his questions. Because the position had to be filled quickly I was scheduled for a second interview and branch observation (1.5 hours from my home) 3 days later.

The branch observation was awkward because I literally was told to just sit there and watch while customers came though. Interview with the Area Manager lasted an hour and a half, which I thought was a good sign. She seemed EXTREMELY full of herself and her own accomplishments but was also quite positive about my own work experience and education, even though it wasn't directly related to the business/sales environment that they have at Enterprise. Because I mentioned my interest in world affairs/economics she kept asking if I was sure that Enterprise would be "intellectually stimulating" enough for me. Even though a lot of my experience directly out of college was in the nonprofit sector (AmeriCorps) she still seemed to like me and, except for her tooting her own horn so much, she seemed like a good boss to work for.

The third interview came 2 hours later through their video conference room with the next guy up, not sure his position, I think maybe Regional Vice President. Within a few minutes, it was quite obvious that he didn't like anything about me. He basically ridiculed my work experience, even asking me "So, you graduated in December of 2012, you're 24 years old, why no career yet?" Personally, I don't think that 24 years is old is anything to be ashamed of not having a definite career path yet, but that's just me I guess. I had been interested in Enterprise's Management Trainee program for over a year, but prior commitments (AmeriCorps) had delayed my application. However, I had taken the time using Glassdoor, Indeed, and friends who had experience with Enterprise to write out about 5 pages of likely interview questions and answers for them and studied them prior to the interview as to feel confident and not surprised. I was hardly asked any of these questions because the entire time he was just harping on how different my job experience was to what Enterprise was. I told him I was aware of that but tried to relate a lot of what I had done (I was actually in charge of gathering and analyzing data at my AmeriCorps job, so it wasn't all just working with kids). I did the Disney College Program directly out of college and he of course thought that was ridiculous. He asked me what other jobs I had applied for and even though the companies were very different than Enterprise, they were all sales/marketing/manager type positions but he kept telling me how he wasn't convinced I wanted to work for Enterprise because those jobs were all so different. As politely as I could, I tried to explain how they were similar positions, just not at a rental car company. I also tried to often cite the research I had done on the company, noting the various backgrounds/majors/careers that many of the now top executives had before they started at Enterprise but it was to no avail. I mean, even the HR guy I first spoke with told me he had been a teacher for several years before becoming a Manager Trainee!! I also tried to explain how my smart financial/academic choices had allowed me to graduate with my bachelor's degree debt free which is why I felt compelled to work for AmeriCorps, to give back a little since I felt I had been given a lot of great opportunities. Again, he wasn't impressed with this sentiment. Since my AmeriCorps job had been working with 6-8th graders, he even had the nerve to say that working with kids was not at all comparable to working with adults at Enterprise who are much more "demanding." He obviously hasn't been around middle schoolers in quite some time. It was obvious that I wasn't going to get the job but then he threw out a few random questions like "Which of Enterprise's products would you be most excited about selling?" "Give me your sales pitch for it." He did say that he thought I seemed smart, professional, polite, and well-spoken but it was pretty obvious that I wouldn't be getting the job if he had the final say. 3 days later I got an email saying they had chosen one of their other many qualified applicants.

I don't want to say that it was overall negative, because at least they are quick in responsiveness and at least they did grant me several interviews. I honestly do think the MT program is a cool program that really cuts down on nepotism within a company but the atmosphere did a seem a bit cult-ish. I felt very good about the first two interviews but my third interview was just not positive at all.

Interview Question – "What is your philosophy on Customer Service and Sales?"   Answer Question

Norwalk, CT (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in September 2013.

Interview Details I received a call from an Enterprise Recruiter. They wanted me to come down to interview. Office was shabby, people were aggressive, and I was waiting for 30 minutes after arriving on time.

I wouldn't want to wash cars all day anyway, but the interview was unnecessarily probing and arrogant. I was honestly relieved I could do more with my life.

Interview Question – Why would you succeed here with no sales experience?   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Interview Details Applied online and the following day I was contacted by a recruiter. We set up a phone interview, which lasted for about 25 minutes. She talked about the overall job functions and asked me general questions about myself.

Interview Question – How do you feel about washing cars?   Answer Question

Management Trainee Intern Interview

Calgary, AB (Canada)

Interview Details Saw an ad on LinkedIn and applied through the website. About a week later I got a call from talent acquisition. She asked me a few questions over the phone such as why I wanted to work for the company. Then she asked me when I could come in for an interview. This interview went well and then she called me the next day to schedule another interview with the area manager and a branch manager.

Interview Question – Questions were behavioural and about my resume. Based on sales, competitiveness and customer service   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I have only received a verbal offer so far. After they do the background check, you get the official offer.

Kelowna, BC (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in March 2014.

Interview Details Phone screening- an HR rep called and asked general questions regarding past sales experience, customer service experience, education and outlined the position duties and salary. Pretty relaxed, more just confirming what my resume said and getting a feel for phone communication skills.

Interview at Local Branch- After the phone screening I received an interview at the nearest branch with the branch manager and the regional manager. They were very friendly and relaxed. They seemed tired as I was their last interview of the day. A bunch of situational questions like Name a time when.... or Have you ever..... pretty generic questions. I think they were just looking for someone who they could work well with, who is fun and had a friendly open personality. I told a few jokes and funny stories and they seemed to really like that. It was nice having the interview with two people in management positions it was a lot more personal than past interviews I have had, it gave me a good sense of where I could end up if I chose to stay with he company and work my way up through the ranks. One of the better interviews I have ever had, it was pleasant, relaxed and fun.

Interview Question – Name a time when you have disliked someone and had to work with them, how did you deal with it?
When have you set goals and how did you meet them? what happened once your goals were reached?
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Training required travel.

Management Trainee Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Interview Details Very customer service oriented. Want a friendly people person with a moldable mind who they can train with their sales techniques.

Interview Question – Name a time you went above and beyond the call of duty to help a customer   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Set hourly pay

Management Trainee Interview

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Interview Details -3 interviews
- Personal background questions

Interview Question – When you played sports what was the most you've ever scored?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Non-negotiable

Interviews for Top Jobs at Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Worked for Enterprise Rent-A-Car? Contribute to the Community!

Enterprise Rent-A-Car Videos

Enterprise Rent-A-Car – Why Work for Us?

This is where it all starts. When you join us at Enterprise Rent-A-Car, you'll be part of an industry leader with a rich history. The Enterprise Rent-A-Car brand is owned by St. Louis based Enterprise Holdings, a… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Enterprise Rent-A-Car interview questions and advice. All 1,313 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Enterprise Rent-A-Car employees and interview candidates.