Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Updated 23 Nov 2014

2.9

892 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Management Trainee Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in May 2014.

Phone Interview --

I applied online. I received a phone call and had a short phone interview. This interview was done by recruiter's assistant, and she asked questions about my work history as well as explained hours/pay info. I was then set up for an interview with the Talent Acquisition Manager.

Interview #1 --

The interview with the Talent Acquisition Manager included some behavioral based interview (BBI) questions and general conversation about myself and opportunities at the company. She seemed to look for someone with a positive attitude and a friendly demeanor; I feel I delivered it with authenticity. We spoke about previous jobs, college, hobbies and interests, and she asked a lot of questions to get a good grasp on who I am. It took about 1 hour, and I was told at the end of interview I would be moving on to the next interview with the Area Manager and Branch Manager. She emailed me a link to complete my background check while I continued on in the interview process. Followed up with 'Thank You' email

Interview #2 --

This interview took place in a branch with an Area Manager and Branch Manager. It involved shadowing employees and more BBI questions from both interviewers. They also explained more about the company, and they were very clear about the long hours/hard work involved. This is the step that was most difficult for me. The Area Manager asked some hard questions about my work experiences, and she appeared to be looking to weed out weak candidates. Total process took about 2-3 hours. I shook her hand, and thanked her for her time. Followed up with 'Thank You' emails.

Interview #3 --

I received a phone call 3-4 days later, and I was set up to speak with the Regional VP. That interview took about 1 hour, and I simply had a conversation about who I am as a person ... No difficult questions or BBI questions whatsoever. I felt rather comfortable, and I expressed my joy in working with customers. It was apparent Regional VP was looking for personality more than anything. I was job offered right on the spot at the end of interview, and I immediately accepted.

They look for genuine and outgoing people who are not afraid to talk/connect with others. Be yourself!! Also, be prepared for BBI questions and have several examples ready in your mind. Smile, and look for ways to connect with employees and managers.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time you made a mistake. What did you do? How did you handle the situation, and would you do anything differently?   Answer Question
Rate of pay was non-negotiable, and everyone in the company starts at the bottom. I simply accepted the offer in person.

Other Interview Reviews for Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Management Trainee Interview

I applied for the position online after speaking with a Talent Requisition Manager at a local career fair. After I applied, my first phone interview was scheduled only a few days afterwards. After the phone interview was conducted I was told I would move on to the second round of interviews, which consisted of a face to face interview with a Branch Manager, if they were interested.

Interview Questions
    • During the phone interview I was mainly asked questions pertaining to my sales experience. Since I do not have much sales experience, it was hard for me to answer some of the questions and I had to "wing" some of my responses. Prior to the interview, I was thinking I would be working in a management position and be trained in areas such as sales, but it seemed as if they were more interested in finding a salesperson instead of a manager.   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Interviewing for Enterprise Rent-A-Car is quit a long hiring process. It was comprised of an initial online application, a couple of phone interviews, an in-person interview with the talent acquisition manager, and a final interview with the area manager. The final interview day included an observation day at one of the local branches.

Management Trainee Interview

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

I got to the second interview which was with a branch mgr and an area mgr. They both seemed nice. Asked me personality based questions and experiences. Thought I aced the interview but not in a cocky way, I was just proud of myself. Well they said I did great! And told me they hire mainly ppl (guys) right out of college who played football or another sport that were competitive. I knew that wasn't me but I have 15 yrs with customer service and I have competitiveness in me, so I didn't think much of it. They told me I would hear within the next 48hrs... Well my 48hr window passed so I sent a follow up note. 2 weeks later I get an email saying they decided to pass i was not only shocked but hurt they took so long to tell me no.

Interview Questions
    • When are 3 times you had to show competitive spirit toward something....   Answer Question

I applied online – interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Usually a 3 step process, want to learn about how competitive you are, sales, willingness to be flexible and personality. Ask for the job at the end of each step.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions. Everything was straight forwar.d.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Take it or leave it.

I applied online – interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Started with a phone interview and then a set of in-person interviews. The phone interview questions are fairly basic: are you eligible to work in the US?, etc. The in-person interviews delved more into the resume and work experience. Not too hard of an interview and the people were very friendly. Wasn't too fond of the location, however.

Management Trainee Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Easy, very generic interview questions and they seem to hire the majority of people, especially if you have some sort of sales experience. I know some people who did not get the offer (rare) but they had zero sales experience. Enterprise management trainee program is less about management and more about training.

there was not one

Management Trainee Interview

Interview process can be long and drawn out for no reason. They are always hiring and you most likely will be hired. They just want to know that you have anything close to sales experience, you are energetic, competitive and that you are trainable.

Interview Questions
    • Sometimes your job will call for you to wash cars would you be okay with that?   Answer Question
    pay/schedule not negotiable

I applied online – interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

I received a phone call first asking me preliminary questions and then brought me into the office for an interview.The interview is mostly behavioral questions and mostly regarding background experience. Interviewers are mostly interested in finding out if you are friendly and competitive. The interviewers explained the position throughly and gave me specific details on job functions.

Management Trainee Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

First, you apply online at Enterprise.com. Then you wait to hear back from HR who most likely will offer a phone interview. Next is the 10-minute phone interview, which typically they explain what the internship offers (hours, pay, etc.) and set you up with the first in-person interview. The first interview is with HR at the administrative office where you answer questions about your resume and experience. The final interview is an office interview allows you to do a branch observation beforehand to see what a typical day for an Enterprise employee is like. You then sit down and interview with most likely a Branch Manager and the Area Manager. Then the Area Manager contacts you to about whether or not you got the job, followed by the Branch Manager to let you know which branch you will be working at.

Interview Questions
    • What was the toughest obstacle that you faced in the workplace and how did you manage to overcome that obstacle?   Answer Question