Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Getting the Interview

709 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Management Trainee Interview

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Interview Details Initial interview was by phone with the HR Associate. After your first phone interview, you meet with the branch and/or area manager for a second interview. The final interview was with the area manager's boss (forgot his position) If you make it to the third interview, you basically have the job.

Interview Question – Questions about the company or scenarios. ex. " Describe a time when you...." Be prepared to ask questions at the end.   View Answer

Norwalk, CT (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in September 2013.

Interview Details I received a call from an Enterprise Recruiter. They wanted me to come down to interview. Office was shabby, people were aggressive, and I was waiting for 30 minutes after arriving on time.

I wouldn't want to wash cars all day anyway, but the interview was unnecessarily probing and arrogant. I was honestly relieved I could do more with my life.

Interview Question – Why would you succeed here with no sales experience?   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Interview Details Applied online and the following day I was contacted by a recruiter. We set up a phone interview, which lasted for about 25 minutes. She talked about the overall job functions and asked me general questions about myself.

Interview Question – How do you feel about washing cars?   Answer Question

Kelowna, BC (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in March 2014.

Interview Details Phone screening- an HR rep called and asked general questions regarding past sales experience, customer service experience, education and outlined the position duties and salary. Pretty relaxed, more just confirming what my resume said and getting a feel for phone communication skills.

Interview at Local Branch- After the phone screening I received an interview at the nearest branch with the branch manager and the regional manager. They were very friendly and relaxed. They seemed tired as I was their last interview of the day. A bunch of situational questions like Name a time when.... or Have you ever..... pretty generic questions. I think they were just looking for someone who they could work well with, who is fun and had a friendly open personality. I told a few jokes and funny stories and they seemed to really like that. It was nice having the interview with two people in management positions it was a lot more personal than past interviews I have had, it gave me a good sense of where I could end up if I chose to stay with he company and work my way up through the ranks. One of the better interviews I have ever had, it was pleasant, relaxed and fun.

Interview Question – Name a time when you have disliked someone and had to work with them, how did you deal with it?
When have you set goals and how did you meet them? what happened once your goals were reached?
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Training required travel.

Management Trainee Interview

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Interview Details -3 interviews
- Personal background questions

Interview Question – When you played sports what was the most you've ever scored?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Non-negotiable

Management Trainee Interview

I applied online and interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Interview Details Goes through a few stages, was fairly simple in initial application form process.

Got an email asking to set a telephone interview, earliest date was around 1.5 weeks away, took it and prepared through common questions and the the competencies Enterprise look for; Customer Service, Sales, Work Ethic, Leadership, Communication and Flexibility.

The day for phone interview came, waited 3 hours, and nothing came through. Had phone in front of me all the way through. Got an email saying they tried but couldn't get through - Doesn't make sense, phone was on and working fine. Wasted a morning which I could have been more productive.

Emailed back asking when it can be re-scheduled for, no response. Made a few calls to try get in-touch, still nothing.

Interview Question – About the Company   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in February 2014.

Interview Details Applied online and got a quick phone screen from the hiring manager. Then I moved onto a one on one with the hiring manager.

Interview Question – If you were to rank yourself against other candidates, where would you put yourself?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – After going through with the one on one interview with the hiring manager, it seemed to be more of a sales job than it was a management job. You work at a branch office getting customers to rent cars and you're put in a very competitive environment. I believe in healthy competition but for the work that you do for a summer internship, this is definitely not worth your time. I would rather work retail than do a "summer internship" with enterprise.

Richmond, VA (US)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in April 2014.

Interview Details Interview process seemed like a cattle call. I waited about 5 minutes saw someone leave and interview, then someone else was waiting as I left. Interview wasn't anything out of the ordinary but the hiring manager was very condescending, acting like this was just the opportunity of a lifetime when clearly it is not.

Interview Question – These people love sales experience. They want to know specifics of exactly what you did and how you were judged on your performance.   View Answer

Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Interview Details Meet with HR manager, Rental executive and an Area manager ( is the one making the final decision on your hiring process). Overall get called for three different in-person interviews. Pretty much they all stare at you with a blank face.

Interview Question – Why did you graduate in a non-business related degree?   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Interview Details The first round of interview is simple over the phone. Asked basic questions like how I found the internship and why I wanted to work for enterprise. They also asked about my driving records, if I have my license, any accidents in the past few years etc. Then the next step was an in person interview where they ask about your sales experiences.

Interview Question – The what would you do if....   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Worked for Enterprise Rent-A-Car? Contribute to the Community!

Enterprise Rent-A-Car Videos

Enterprise Rent-A-Car – Why Work for Us?

This is where it all starts. When you join us at Enterprise Rent-A-Car, you'll be part of an industry leader with a rich history. The Enterprise Rent-A-Car brand is owned by St. Louis based Enterprise Holdings, a… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Enterprise Rent-A-Car Management Trainee interview questions and advice. All 709 interview reviews posted anonymously by Enterprise Rent-A-Car employees and interview candidates.