Enterprise Rent-A-Car Management Trainee Interview Questions

Updated 25 Sep 2014

2.9

840 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Management Trainee Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in May 2014.

Phone Interview --

I applied online. I received a phone call and had a short phone interview. This interview was done by recruiter's assistant, and she asked questions about my work history as well as explained hours/pay info. I was then set up for an interview with the Talent Acquisition Manager.

Interview #1 --

The interview with the Talent Acquisition Manager included some behavioral based interview (BBI) questions and general conversation about myself and opportunities at the company. She seemed to look for someone with a positive attitude and a friendly demeanor; I feel I delivered it with authenticity. We spoke about previous jobs, college, hobbies and interests, and she asked a lot of questions to get a good grasp on who I am. It took about 1 hour, and I was told at the end of interview I would be moving on to the next interview with the Area Manager and Branch Manager. She emailed me a link to complete my background check while I continued on in the interview process. Followed up with 'Thank You' email

Interview #2 --

This interview took place in a branch with an Area Manager and Branch Manager. It involved shadowing employees and more BBI questions from both interviewers. They also explained more about the company, and they were very clear about the long hours/hard work involved. This is the step that was most difficult for me. The Area Manager asked some hard questions about my work experiences, and she appeared to be looking to weed out weak candidates. Total process took about 2-3 hours. I shook her hand, and thanked her for her time. Followed up with 'Thank You' emails.

Interview #3 --

I received a phone call 3-4 days later, and I was set up to speak with the Regional VP. That interview took about 1 hour, and I simply had a conversation about who I am as a person ... No difficult questions or BBI questions whatsoever. I felt rather comfortable, and I expressed my joy in working with customers. It was apparent Regional VP was looking for personality more than anything. I was job offered right on the spot at the end of interview, and I immediately accepted.

They look for genuine and outgoing people who are not afraid to talk/connect with others. Be yourself!! Also, be prepared for BBI questions and have several examples ready in your mind. Smile, and look for ways to connect with employees and managers.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time you made a mistake. What did you do? How did you handle the situation, and would you do anything differently?   Answer Question
Rate of pay was non-negotiable, and everyone in the company starts at the bottom. I simply accepted the offer in person.

Other Interview Reviews for Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Management Trainee Interview

Online Application, followed by a call from a talent aquisition employee. This phone interview takes about 10 minutes, they ask you three questions and go over your application. If you are considered, you have a follow up in person interview with management at a branch that you will be working with/training. They all boast that it is a promote within business.

Interview Questions
    • What is a customer service experience where you have gone above and beyond?
      What is one situation where you have been persuasive in your past work or school related experiences?
      Talk about a time where you have had to lead or be the manager
        Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

multiple people involved interview process. make sure you have outgoing personality. big company with many high up positions make sure understand how th ecompany works and different roles of various people

Management Trainee Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

I got the job because of the tips for the interview that I got from glass door. Glass door told me all the right things to say and the questions I would be asked so I knew how to prepare

Very easy

Management Trainee Interview

Phone interview was first. Went well. They knew I was fresh out of college so had no experience. Was asked to the second interview. Second interview was face-to-face in Whitestone office. Met with Natasha. Basically, the same questions were asked again.

Interview Questions
    • What was a mistake you made and how did you correct it.   View Answer

Management Trainee Interview

First interview was at the corporate office with an HR rep. Was basic interview and behavior questions. Second interview was at a location witH a branch manager and was feeling me out and more basic and behavior questions. Third interview was with a higher manager of several locations and was more about me and if it was the right fit.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me what you like about competition in the workplace.   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Met recruiters at a university career fair and applied online. They got back in touch within a week to set up a brief phone interview. Questions over the phone were very routine, looking for customer service background and overall career goals. Set up an in person interview with the recruiter the next day. Next interview was longer, but similar questions looking for customer service experience. They're looking for people that are outgoing and confident. Final interview was with branch and area managers and also involved an hour long branch observation. Lots of questions regarding customer service, but overall a fun interview they want social people who know how to work hard but have a good time.

Interview Questions
    • In a conflict if you were the manager, would you take your employee's side or the customer's side?   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

First, keep in mind that Enterprise is a Government Contractor so they have to play by some VERY specific rules when it comes to how you can apply. Blame THE MAN, not the company. After you apply online candidates usually have a phone interview then 2-3 face to face interviews. Most interviews are behavioral based interview questions. For the Management Trainee program, customer service positions or counter positions at airport locations you MUST be good at sales.

Interview Questions
    • What accomplishment are you most proud of in your professional career?   View Answer
    No negotiation. Everyone gets the same pay to start.

Management Trainee Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Answered a simple form and the arranged a telephone interview for the following week. However when they called there had been a mix up and therefore no job actually on offer.

Asked questions like why that company

Management Trainee Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

I had a phone interview and the recruiter asked your basic questions. Where do you see your self in 5 years, why do you want to work for Enterprise? etc. The 2nd interview I interviewed with the same recruiter that was over the phone. The interview lasted about 30 minutes of your same basic interview questions.

Interview Questions

Worked for Enterprise Rent-A-Car? Contribute to the Community!