Epic Systems Corporation Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 25, 2014
1,598 interviews

2.9

Software Developer Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in September 2013.

Two written programming questions.
    First one had MCQs, testing general intelligence in CS. Second was only programming, 2 questions. They wanted to see code only, I don't think they compiled them.
    One telephonic interview, he asked about my degree and project work. One hr round. Then I got the offer after few weeks.

Software Developer Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in November 2013.

The telephone interview was pretty easy and relaxed. There were just two questions to check whether one can really work with programming and one really wants to start living in madison after getting hired. Then i recieved a mail regarding the next assessment which would contain 3 sections, a logical based, a math based and one with programming knowledge related.

Anonymous Employee  in  Roorkee
    Anonymous Employee in Roorkee

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in November 2013.

1. On-campus PPT
    2. Maths test (15 min), short time test(2 min), MUMPS language test(45 min)
    3. Programming round ( 4 questions - 1:10 -2:00 hr)
    4. After a week shortlist + 1 Technical and 1 HR interview (telephonic)

Programming round and the Maths test are important. Prepare for Project related stuff and HR interview questions

Interview Questions
    • Strengths and Weaknesses, What would you imporve when you join job based upon your previous internship   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

I applied through college or university and the process is still not over.

First round was online assessment. The assessment test had four sections:

1. 2 Minute Section
    2. Math
    3. New Programming language

The 2-Minute section had 10 SAT based questions to be solved in 2 minutes. I think this was basically to test out your speed and how quickly you respond to things.

The Math section had 14 questions, and had pretty easy ones too. Not that bad for someone who's done Engineering. No probability or Statistics questions. Basic SAT based questions but a bit tricky.

The New Language Section introduces a new programming language. It was easy. Just know the basics of programming and read the questions carefully and you'll get through them easily. Use common sense also, don't completely go by the questions. They are tricky too.

Second Round was Programming. It had 4 questions.

1. Given some miles travelled and fuel arrays at different times, you have to calculate the MPG and MPH of a car. (Brute Force, Implementation)
    2. Transportation is a process where you can swap any 2 adjacent characters in a string. Given a source and a target string write a program to print all the intermediate strings to reach from source to target. (Recursion)
    3. Print all palindromes of size greater than equal to 3 of a given string. (DP)
    4. Given a NxN board with 0 (unoccupied) ,1 (occupied by piece 1) ,2 (occupied by piece 2).
    Coordinates of a piece is given. You can move diagonally and jump over all the pieces which are distinct from the given piece and reach to cell 0. Find longest jump following this rule.

I did all the questions and waiting to hear from them.

Interview Questions
    • If an Apple costs $10, grapefruit costs $20 and banana costs $15, how much will a pear cost?   View Answer

Software Developer Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

There were two rounds of written tests. Round one had two parts: first part was simple mathematics and aptitude test. It contained about 20 questions. Second part introduced a new programming language and its rules. Then there were questions based on that language. This test was supposed to test how easily you adapt to a new language. Round two was the programming round. Each candidate was given 4 programming questions. Candidates could use any language to solve the problems. Even pseudo code was allowed. Tip: Use comments in your code since the solutions are evaluated manually.
    Then there were two telephonic interviews: one technical (45 mins) and one HR (45 mins) back to back.

Interview Questions
    • Interview questions were related to any of the projects you have done. I may not reveal any of the questions asked in the hiring process.   Answer Question
    It was campus selection. There was no negotiation.

Software Developer Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

There were three rounds: aptitude test, coding test and telephonic interview. The aptitude test had a few questions test basic mathematical and logical abilities. In the coding round, there were four questions, testing basic programming concepts. The telephonic interview had two parts: technical and HR. The technical part basically asked about the my experience, and the HR part was pretty general: strengths, weaknesses etc.

Interview Questions
    • I may not reveal any of the questions asked in the interview.   View Answer

Software Developer Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

I first had a phone screen with a developer at Epic which went well. It was just a background check and he told me about what Epic does etc. It ended with a simple coding question.
    This was followed by a proctored skills test a week later. This will take around 3-4 hours to complete and contains math and coding questions. There weren't too hard and with a little preparation, it is crackable. I didn't get through this round.

Business Intelligence Developer Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in April 2014.

There were three rounds: phone interview, then multi-part exam (including personality test) and finally an on-site interview. The phone interview was standard - I talked to an employee about her experiences and she asked me about my background. The exam had covered everything from math problems to logic problems to a programming section. Finally, the on-site interview lasted all day. Unfortunately, I was feeling ill and so I didn't really enjoy any part of it. The campus is beautiful and everyone there was really nice. It seems like a fun place to work.

Interview Questions
    • You are given a multi-part scenario and asked to reason your way through it.   Answer Question

Technical Support Interview

Day long interview with several meetings, a grammar test, and lunch at the on site cafeteria. Very efficient, planned out schedule for the day. They interview many, many people regularly. Questions were normal interview type questions. Five year plan, how would you respond if a coworker was repeatedly asking for help on the same problem. Most people were overdressed, though they encourage a very casual dress code.

Project Manager/Implementation Consultant Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in April 2011.

starts with a review of resume, request for your ACT/SAT score. Next level a few online tests, personality test, math, reading, writing, problem solving, coding if applicable, and your ability to learn a new topic. Next is a phone interview or two depending on role. Then if able, you attend an in person interview, with them paying for the expense, flights, food etc.

negotiation is not probable

Worked for Epic Systems Corporation? Contribute to the Community!