Epic Systems Corporation

Average Difficulty
1,593 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Developer

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in September 2013.

Interview Details Two written programming questions.
First one had MCQs, testing general intelligence in CS. Second was only programming, 2 questions. They wanted to see code only, I don't think they compiled them.
One telephonic interview, he asked about my degree and project work. One hr round. Then I got the offer after few weeks.

Interview Question – nothing difficult   Answer Question

Software Developer

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in November 2013.

Interview Details The telephone interview was pretty easy and relaxed. There were just two questions to check whether one can really work with programming and one really wants to start living in madison after getting hired. Then i recieved a mail regarding the next assessment which would contain 3 sections, a logical based, a math based and one with programming knowledge related.

Interview Question – The math questions were abit tricky.   Answer Question

Roorkee

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in November 2013.

Interview Details 1. On-campus PPT
2. Maths test (15 min), short time test(2 min), MUMPS language test(45 min)
3. Programming round ( 4 questions - 1:10 -2:00 hr)
4. After a week shortlist + 1 Technical and 1 HR interview (telephonic)

Programming round and the Maths test are important. Prepare for Project related stuff and HR interview questions

Interview Question – Strengths and Weaknesses, What would you imporve when you join job based upon your previous internship   Answer Question

Software Developer

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

Interview Details I applied through college or university and the process is still not over.

First round was online assessment. The assessment test had four sections:

1. 2 Minute Section
2. Math
3. New Programming language

The 2-Minute section had 10 SAT based questions to be solved in 2 minutes. I think this was basically to test out your speed and how quickly you respond to things.

The Math section had 14 questions, and had pretty easy ones too. Not that bad for someone who's done Engineering. No probability or Statistics questions. Basic SAT based questions but a bit tricky.

The New Language Section introduces a new programming language. It was easy. Just know the basics of programming and read the questions carefully and you'll get through them easily. Use common sense also, don't completely go by the questions. They are tricky too.

Second Round was Programming. It had 4 questions.

1. Given some miles travelled and fuel arrays at different times, you have to calculate the MPG and MPH of a car. (Brute Force, Implementation)
2. Transportation is a process where you can swap any 2 adjacent characters in a string. Given a source and a target string write a program to print all the intermediate strings to reach from source to target. (Recursion)
3. Print all palindromes of size greater than equal to 3 of a given string. (DP)
4. Given a NxN board with 0 (unoccupied) ,1 (occupied by piece 1) ,2 (occupied by piece 2).
Coordinates of a piece is given. You can move diagonally and jump over all the pieces which are distinct from the given piece and reach to cell 0. Find longest jump following this rule.

I did all the questions and waiting to hear from them.

Interview Question – If an Apple costs $10, grapefruit costs $20 and banana costs $15, how much will a pear cost?   View Answer

Software Developer

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

Interview Details There were two rounds of written tests. Round one had two parts: first part was simple mathematics and aptitude test. It contained about 20 questions. Second part introduced a new programming language and its rules. Then there were questions based on that language. This test was supposed to test how easily you adapt to a new language. Round two was the programming round. Each candidate was given 4 programming questions. Candidates could use any language to solve the problems. Even pseudo code was allowed. Tip: Use comments in your code since the solutions are evaluated manually.
Then there were two telephonic interviews: one technical (45 mins) and one HR (45 mins) back to back.

Interview Question – Interview questions were related to any of the projects you have done. I may not reveal any of the questions asked in the hiring process.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was campus selection. There was no negotiation.

Software Developer

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

Interview Details There were three rounds: aptitude test, coding test and telephonic interview. The aptitude test had a few questions test basic mathematical and logical abilities. In the coding round, there were four questions, testing basic programming concepts. The telephonic interview had two parts: technical and HR. The technical part basically asked about the my experience, and the HR part was pretty general: strengths, weaknesses etc.

Interview Question – I may not reveal any of the questions asked in the interview.   View Answer

Software Developer

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

Interview Details I first had a phone screen with a developer at Epic which went well. It was just a background check and he told me about what Epic does etc. It ended with a simple coding question.
This was followed by a proctored skills test a week later. This will take around 3-4 hours to complete and contains math and coding questions. There weren't too hard and with a little preparation, it is crackable. I didn't get through this round.

Interview Question – There was nothing too difficult or unexpected I felt   Answer Question

Technical Writer Interview

Technical Writer

I applied online - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in August 2014.

Interview Details I applied online and was invited to a phone interview. The phone interview was pretty low-stress, mostly verifying info from your app and basic questions. Then I was invited to complete the online assessment which was longer and more involved than I had expected. I was just recently invited to an on-site interview.

Interview Question – The programming section in the online skills assessment are tricky.   Answer Question

Technical Writer Interview

Technical Writer

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

Interview Details Online application didn't take very long, and the phone interview was low-stress. The interviewer was very friendly and informative; she was a technical writer and therefore able to provide specific details with regards to what the job entails. I was then required to take an online assessment, at which point your overall application is evaluated before Epic decides whether or not to extend an offer for an in-person interview at their campus.

EDI Interview

EDI

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

Interview Details I just completed my phone interview and they contacted me to finish up a skill assessment ,just wondering how difficult are the next steps? Also , what should the salary expectations be of a fresh college graduate

Interview Question – I really need help figuring out the next step in the process .   Answer Question

Worked for Epic Systems Corporation? Contribute to the Community!