Epic Systems Corporation

Getting the Interview

128 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Madison, WI (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in September 2010.

Interview Details A recruiter contacted me which lead to an initial phone interview. She immediately invited me to the campus for an interview. They flew me out to Madison, and I was there for a couple of days. There was an informal dinner the night before the interview with a group of recruits and a current employee.
The next day, they sent a taxi to drive a group of us to the campus. We attended a presentation where they explained their software and more details about the company. They gave us a tour of the campus (amazing), and had lunch in the cafeteria with some current employees.
After lunch, I had my first interview with a current project manager. It was mainly a case analysis, and I was asked to give my opinion on what I would do if I was the project manager in the given situation. I was given 10-15 minutes to read over the case and organize my thoughts. I then had to discuss my reasoning with the interviewer.
After the case study, I had to give a presentation to a group. I was also interviewing for a "teaching role", so my presentation had to be 20 minutes long, and it could be about anything I wanted. I just had to teach the group something.
After the presentation, I had another interview. It was more traditional, focused on behavioral based questions. It lasted maybe 20-30 minutes.
After that interview, I had to take an IQ test.
After that, they called a taxi, and I was driven to the airport.

Interview Question – There was a case study that I was not prepared as much as I should have been.   View Answer

Interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation

Interview Details Just like how everyone has said on here, everything is fair game. The test was unexpectedly long and exhausting though. It took me 3 hours to complete it and it's creepy since you're using ProctorU and someone is watching over you.

Interview Question – The weird logic questions   Answer Question

Interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation

Interview Details Personality and skills assessment, followed by phone interview. Scheduling the onsite interview was easy and they were very accommodating based on your current work schedule. On site interview was laid out well and everyone was nice throughout the process. It can be a long day if you are interviewing for more than one position.

Interview Question – Case study   Answer Question

Project Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in January 2014.

Interview Details The whole process took about a month. Phone interview, skills assessment, then on-site interview. It took me about 1.5 hours to complete the skills assessment, which included logic questions. It somewhat reminded me of SATs, GRE...etc. The on-site interview took about 6 hours; everything very well-planned and organized. Make sure to take the gummy bears or chocolate covered pretzels during the interview. Sugar boost.

Interview Question – Tell me 5 things you are not.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation

Interview Details process took two weeks total applies online received phones interview impressed enough to be flown out to Verona, WI had another interview following mixer relatively easy considering previous experience

Interview Question – no difficult questions in my opinion   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – negotiated salary along with modifying various incentives

Interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation

Interview Details submitted online application July 2013. Heard back within a week indicating their lack of interest.

Interview Question – No questions   Answer Question

Project Manager

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

Interview Details Went to home office for interview.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you faced a difficult situation   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Too much travel, lack of exit opportunities

Milwaukee, WI (US)

I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in August 2012.

Interview Details Overall I thought the process was very thorough. The initial personality profile was interesting and pretty straight forward. The next step of a phone interview consisted of pretty basic questions with a current project manager. The programming test was a little difficult. I'd recommend brushing up on some basic math!

Interview Question – I thought the programming test was a bit difficult. In a way it was similar to the math section of the GRE.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation

Interview Details They flew me out to their campus. I spent the whole day there talking to a bunch of people. I had an interview with an HR representative as well as a case interview. The interviews were pretty straightforward. Later, I had to give a 10 minute presentation. Overall, it was a good experience.

Interview Question – What are 5 things you aren't?   Answer Question

Project Manager

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in March 2013.

Interview Details I heard about the job at a college job fair and after handing in my CV was asked to apply online. The online application was the typical fill in your experience history with two short essay questions. I was asked to a logic/personality test too. I was contacted to schedule an interview two days after I submitted my application. The phone interview was very relaxed and ran like a casual conversation. Typical "why do you think you would be the right fit for this job?" questions, nothing surprising.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 10 years?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Epic Systems Corporation

Worked for Epic Systems Corporation? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Epic Systems Corporation Project Manager interview questions and advice. All 128 interview reviews posted anonymously by Epic Systems Corporation employees and interview candidates.