Epsilon Interview Questions

Updated 17 Oct 2014
Updated 17 Oct 2014

2.7

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Epsilon.

I came highly recommended, and the hiring manager was new and not all that technical, so it was a breeze.

About the same as previous salary, but much better benefits.

Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Epsilon.

applied online then two weeks after got a call from HR. A week after, I talked to the hiring manager. He asked me a lot of behavior questions. He is nice and very helpful, trying to answer all the questions I have. But to me, this position is more like a programmer job, not "analytical" role. If you like programming, you can try this position.

Interview Questions
    • How do you work with other people? (no difficult questions)   Answer Question

Senior QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wakefield, MA (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Epsilon in September 2013.

I was submitted for this by a recruiter. I was then approached by an internal recruiter from Epsilon. Seems the internal recruiter was trying to approach me directly to cut out the recruiter who had submitted me.

Quick phone screen with internal recruiter and then a phone screen with the hiring manager was arranged. The hiring manager called me around 10 or 15 minutes late. It was a release data and the manager was very busy. A few quick questions on my experience and that was it. Phone screen lasted less than 5 minutes. I did not expect to hear anything back. Next day I was contacted by the internal recruiter and told an in-person interview was going to be arranged.

I interview in-person with 4 people. The hiring manager, a development engineer, a QA engineer and the technology lead.

Hiring manager went over the basics of their system and then got into a fair amount of detail on my previous job experience. I worked for a SSL, encryption and code signing vendor. The hiring manager was obviously not technical and could not understand what I had been doing. They got hung up in the mechanics of SSL and I spent far to much time trying to explain to them how SSL and encryption works.

Interview with development engineer was casual with no issues. A few questions on GUI development and that was about it.

QA engineer asked extensive questions about my work with Selenium WebDriver and then a lot of questions on Selenium Grid. As I had no experience with Selenium Grid I was not able to answer some of the questions and this seemed to upset the interviewer. He concluded by asking me some Java questions on Interfaces, multiple inheritance and the difference between static objects and singletons.

The director of technology asked no questions on technology but instead focused on what I wanted in a job, what kind of work environment I liked and other questions like that. It was obvious he was trying to see if I would be a good fit for the team.

I left the interview with the feeling the QA Engineer would not approve of me. I also left with a lot of questions as to if I wanted to even work for Epsilon.

Epsilon never got back to me with any kind of feedback. I was left hanging. Repeated attempts to contact the internal recruiter from Epsilon were ignored. My emails and phone messages were not answered or returned.

Interview Questions
    • I was question extensively on Selenium Grid even though I had no experience with it and freely admitted that.   Answer Question

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Epsilon.

Disorganized/Take it are Leave it Mentality

Interview Questions
    Take it of Leave it within ASAP !!

Sales Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Epsilon in August 2013.

Good process . Interviewed with Chris Hanson, very nice

No negotiation

Associate Business Systems Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Epsilon.

Applied through university's career website (after meeting reps at career fair) and was contacted for a first round interview. There were supposed to be two interviewers but one happened to have a call at the same time as my interview so I only had to deal with one person (this felt like they weren't putting importance on my interview and may have been a disadvantage). The interview was behavioural-based and relatively conversational and interviewer attempted to make it comfortable but seemed very forced.

Interview Questions
    • How would you deal with two managers giving high priority assignments with the same deadline and you can only feasibly accomplish one of the assignments?   View Answer

Associate Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wakefield, MA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Epsilon.

The on-campus interview is a 2:1 interview - all behavioral based questions. If you have technical skills on your resume, be prepared to talk about them. The second round interview in the office was long - you meet 5 managers for 20 minutes each. They take about 2 weeks to get back to you with an answer.

Interview Questions
    • I had SQL on my resume, so they asked me to talk about the extent of my SQL experience.   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate.

Analytic Consultant Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter by phone, just some general questions. Then it was a technical interview by phone. The last-round interview is an onsite interview.

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lafayette, CO (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lafayette, CO (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Epsilon in May 2013.

I responded to a posted ad and applied on the company web site. Their internal recruiter left a message saying he that the company urgently wanted to move forward and asking me to call him. I left two voice mails within the next 24 hours and got no response after 3 days.

Marketing Analyst Intern Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Epsilon.

Got the chance through networking. First round interview has a SAS test (really should learn and prepare prior to the interview), then has a personal interview with the team manager, questions about case, real business problem. Very technical and professional. Look for candidates have firm statistical background.

Interview Questions
    • SAS test and case questions. Not that much behavior questions   View Answer