Ericsson-Worldwide

Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Calcutta

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide in December 2013.

Interview Details They visited our college in 3 rd Slot so more that 80% guy was selected so it was opened to all. Look i really don't like TCS or Capgemini so i didn't sit in there placement.
It was so hectic from morning 8 AM to 10 PM and they allowed only half and hour to eat lunch. That was not possible because where our university is located there was no food stall or nothing we have to walk 2km to get anything and this was my first interview so i have no idea.
There was 4 phases of hiring process

1. Quantitative, Verbal and Analytical Test which was run by Cocubes.com question was moderate and time was so short. I could barely have any time for calculation it was 45 question and 45 mins each section consists 15 marks and there was no negative marks so that means high sectional cutoff i think it was 9 because out of 400 only 80 survived.

2. Then there was GD round. And Topic Was unexpected we had no option " Reality show is boon or curse of a child's life". 10 peoples grouped into 6 and coordinator gave us 10 min to prepare. After that 30 min debate and then he give every one exactly 5 min to tell if we against it or we support it why. Then after that he gives a comment ask every one to contradict himself . If you said against it he gives you a comment opposite and you have to contradict himself. And There no gibberish is allowed the person was hothead. 10 gone in this process.

3. Then there was the toughest part Technical Interview. Believe be you have to prepare for everything those people gonna freak you out . IT was 1 hour/person duration and they will ask any subject you have learned from 1st to 4 th year. maybe it will be Data Structure or any language. Look they are highly technical people. that should not be problem if you know only 1 language but you must have crystal clear idea in it. you will be bombarding with questions in Compiler , Automata , OS , Algorithm ,digital ,Microprocessor network dbms anything. After that round very few eligible to next HR round.The Technical guy was so happy with my performance and he handshaking with me and tell he was glad to meet people like me. I am not GEEK and it was not possible for anyone to answer all those technical question . Here is MY SECRET that is honesty. I just straightly answered him that i dont know those i really didnt know without any hesitation and my research is telling me that 8 out of 10 rejected because they hesitate to tell the truth they think that will be disadvantage. I dont think so after Ericsson i have attended at least 5 placement process 5 went what i thought. SO BE HONEST those people recruit 1000 of people like you they get paid for that.This round only 24 survived.

4. That was Funny and most interesting and a bit tricky. HR will test your english and you intention of future if you said anything about higher education you're out. They will ask every kind of question no matter it may be personal may be politics may be anything .HR ask me abot my girlfriend i said i dont have why i dont have why i want to do in future what is my likely food and what music i like. Sometimes i was in confusion i thought it was dating of course HR was a lovely lady and beware of trap.

then they announce the result there was 20 people and luckily i was in it.

Negotiation Details – It was Campus interview so no negotiation

Engineer Interview

Gurgaon, Haryana

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide in October 2012.

Interview Details my freind work in ericsson he gave my name as a refrence in his company and when opening were start they called me up for a interview, after that i gave only one face to face interview

Interview Question – ask about mini and major projects of college   Answer Question

Network Engineer Interview

Network Engineer
Noida

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide in May 2011.

Interview Details Campus placements. It even goes to AMITY University

Interview Question – Technical questions from Project and Industrial training.
Since Interview are taken by EGI employees, do not expect very difficult questions.
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Nothing

Citrix Network Expert - Lateral (6+ Yrs Experienced) - EGIL Interview

Bangalore

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide.

Interview Details I got the offer from Ericsson India Global Ltd. (Hope its part of Ericcson worldwide). The job was especially for Netscaler proficiency.

Round 1 : In depth qns on Netscaler device and basic (I'd say a bit more than just basic qns.). 40% into networking and 60% into Netscaler device.

Round 2 : Another round which had out and out netscaler qns.

Round 3 : Third round on Netscaler tech. qns. (The interviewer called me and told - I'm not sure if u had any tech. interviews already with EGIL. But let me ask some qns :-) ). Interviewer explained about the job role and the project which I would be joining.

All three above - were telephonic.

Round 4 - Face to Face Managerial Interview : qns like - how will commit SLA for a network? How to calculate uptime to maximum accuracy? Some tricky qns like would you say u r 'Responsible' or 'In charege' or 'you own' for your technical deliverable to the customer?

Round 5 - Final HR round - About notice period and salary.

Interview Question – Would you say u r 'Responsible' or 'In charege' or 'you own' for your technical deliverable to the customer?

Qn : Can you be a good team player ? Ans wered as : Yes. I can Be. Interviewer : So u mean You can be but you wont. Huh?
  Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Not relevant to my core competency - Device based role.
Less salary offered.

Network Engineer Interview

Network Engineer
Noida

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide in October 2011.

Interview Details Just clear the Technical Round. HR round in Ericsson is just a formality where you may find an erratic English speaking guy who would just tell you that they have shifts and all that stuff.

Technical Round had questions from College project And the industrial training.

Interview Question – It was from project which was on Wireless Power transmission.
What Wireless Power transmission may be used for
  View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation for a GET.

Solution Integrator Interview

Calcutta

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide in November 2011.

Interview Details Initial communication was done through recruiting firm and after initial communication appeared in the interview. HR persons were helpful and didn't have to wait long for interview. Interview panel consisted two persons. Asked questions about Oracle PL/SQL questions. Questions were straight to the point.

Interview Question – Nothing like. Mostly asked about database concepts, PL/SQL triggers, cursors and dynamic sql as I had a data warehouse background.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiation was fine.

GET Interview

Interviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide

Interview Details Online aptitude test followed by a GD...both eliminating rounds...next a technical interview and after clearing it a HR interview...it was also eliminating round..questions mainly asked from antenna, telecommunication, and C programming....there were also HR questions which were very confusing...

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide.

Interview Details First Round - Online aptitude examination.
                         Questions were mainly asked from verbal and quantitative ability. Also there were questions from attention to detail, charts and graphs sections.
Round Two - Group Discussion
Round Three - Technical Interview - Questions were from basics of our engineering field.
Round Four - HR Interview - General questions like why ericsson, your achievements and ambitions, etc.

Interview Question – Tell some recent developments in ericsson.   View Answer

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide.

Interview Details The process consisted of two rounds- Group Discussion and technical interview.Each round was an elimination round.After clearing both the rounds,HR interview took place.

Interview Question – Questions were based on the concepts of wireless communication.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Engineer
Chennai

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide in August 2012.

Interview Details Interview happened in one day. A genreal aptitude round followed by a GD
Tech interview was based on programming and your domain.
HR was pretty simple. Basic ques

Interview Question – Satellite communication   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Interviews for Top Jobs at Ericsson-Worldwide

Worked for Ericsson-Worldwide? Contribute to the Community!

Ericsson-Worldwide Videos

Ericsson-Worldwide – Why Work for Us?

A connected world is just the beginning. Your passion determines what comes next! Apply your ideas and insights to empowering people, business and society. Discover what makes YOU + ERICSSON a powerful combination. Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Ericsson-Worldwide interview questions and advice. All 385 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Ericsson-Worldwide employees and interview candidates.