Essar Group

Updated 5 Feb 2015
Updated 5 Feb 2015

2.8

M&A Team - Manager (M8 Level) Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Essar Group.

Interview process was informal. Went through three rounds of interviews. Was recruited from campus. There was a pre-placement pitch followed by Q&A.

First Round: Telephonic interview with a middle/junior HR manager (or campus recruiters) . Questions were general.

Second Round: Interview with senior members of M&A team.

Third Round: Interview with senior HR manager.

Interview Questions
    • Most important round was the interview with senior department managers. Asked about the following:

1. Valuation Concepts - FCFF, FCFE, Estimation of cost of capital, concept of terminal value, CAPM

2. Project finance concepts - SPVs and their working, debt servicing and some questions related to the various risks of project financing

3. Knowledge of basic business analysis including stuff like ratio analysis and debt-related ratios

Interview was interesting but largely unstructured. Went according to where the conversation was going. The interviewers basically spoke of what the team does and intermittently asked a few questions. Very informal, conversational tone. Some questions required some considered thought before answering (30% of the questions), but not a very difficult interview process.

Answer Question
    Minimal amount of negotiation. Could have negotiated more, in retrospect.

Deputy Manager - Campus Hire Interview

Group discussion
    Interview - HR + Technical

Human Resources Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jāmnagar

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Essar Group in November 2011.

Arrangement of Interview is very good and well prepared according to scheduled.

Interview Questions
    • IF your boss give you a task to develop a new HR System, what would you do first?   View Answer
    Salary Structure is not good.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rānchī
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rānchī

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Essar Group in October 2011.

Initial communication with company was very good also interview plan was too good because i like the procedure of doing the interview first stage was the telephonic interview with HR Persons,second one was also telephonic with Technical Head and third round was the Group Interview. it was a nice interaction.

Interview Questions
    salary as well as facilities that a organization should have to provide.

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Essar Group in September 2011.

Written Test, followed by GD and PI.

Maintenance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jāmnagar

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Essar Group in August 2011.

call from compny,
    interview held at essar maintanance building
    two types interview taken by company
    1 for subject knowledge and oter is for hr.

Interview Questions
    • what do you know about finfan erection during strt up the plant
      and what is the belt tracking

Answer Question

Trainee Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jāmnagar
    Anonymous Employee in Jāmnagar

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Essar Group in August 2011.

The process is simple as everywhere. They arrange interview and take different tests including IQ tests, skill test followed by group discussion and personal interview. Easy to crack if we are ready to take decisions on the spot.

Deputy Manager - Civil Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durgapur, West Bengal
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durgapur, West Bengal

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Essar Group in May 2011.

I was received my call from the recruiter for a special recruitment for a specified job. They had done it by noticing the resume form naukri.com. I was called for a video conferencing interview from their one site to present job site. I was interviewed by a pannel consisting of departmental head, area manager, H.R manager & quality manager. After completion of interview I was offered for the job immediately & I got the offer letter between 2 days.

Interview Questions
    I have negotiated as per my requirement as well as my experience & efficieny. My requirement was accepted by no any bergaining.

Operations Head-TN/Pondy Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through other source. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Essar Group in April 2011.

Had 3 rounds of telephonic interview, 2 rounds of personnel interview. Particularly about longivity in the system and our career plans

Interview Questions
    • Most practical questions has been asked related to business and also the past experience. They have done the referral check.   View Answer
    Negotiation phase was very practical and had a good discussion for the ctc.

Senior Mechanical Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Surat
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Surat

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Essar Group in February 2010.

after receiving My CV, they called me over phone to fix a tele phonic interview. It was about an hour. After the tele phonic interview they called for a direct interview with department Manager and then another direct Interview with Director.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me to design a pumping system with all the calculations.   Answer Question
    I didnt negotiate anything as I was not having any other option.