Essar Group

20 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Mechanical Design Engineer Interview

Surat

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Essar Group in February 2010.

Interview Details after receiving My CV, they called me over phone to fix a tele phonic interview. It was about an hour. After the tele phonic interview they called for a direct interview with department Manager and then another direct Interview with Director.

Interview Question – They asked me to design a pumping system with all the calculations.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didnt negotiate anything as I was not having any other option.

Management Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Essar Group in February 2009.

Interview Details GD followed by 3 rounds of PI

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself 5 years down the lane? I always find that difficult to answer   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was a fixed salary offer. Salary was mentioned at the start of the process.

DGM Interview

Mumbai

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Essar Group in July 2009.

Interview Details Was detailed as per requirement of the position with decisions being made very fast

Negotiation Details – They gave what was expected as had asked reasonable increase only

GET Interview

Mumbai

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Essar Group in January 2009.

Interview Details Why shall we select You?

Interview Question – How much money do u need?   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

General Manager Interview

General Manager
Hazira

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Essar Group in January 2009.

Interview Details Discussion

Interview Question – As a professor your salary is only Rs. 3 lakhs CTC. Here we offer much more.   View Answer

Deputy Manager Interview

Deputy Manager
Jabalpur

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Essar Group in November 2009.

Interview Details It is through your college or your friends reference. interview is through the head office in mumbai or else.

Interview Question – What if u r not selected.   View Answers (4)

Negotiation Details – try harder

Operations Head-TN/Pondy Interview

Bangalore

I applied through other source and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Essar Group in April 2011.

Interview Details Had 3 rounds of telephonic interview, 2 rounds of personnel interview. Particularly about longivity in the system and our career plans

Interview Question – Most practical questions has been asked related to business and also the past experience. They have done the referral check.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Negotiation phase was very practical and had a good discussion for the ctc.

Very Easy Interview

Associate Duty Manager Interview

Hyderābād

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Essar Group in May 2009.

Interview Details At that time i pay 12000/- (installment). after that they will give the training sessions.after that they will give job(this is not for recommended candidates )

Human Resources Assistant Interview

Human Resources Assistant
Jāmnagar

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Essar Group in November 2011.

Interview Details Arrangement of Interview is very good and well prepared according to scheduled.

Interview Question – IF your boss give you a task to develop a new HR System, what would you do first?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Salary Structure is not good.

Deputy Manager - Civil Interview

Durgapur, West Bengal

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Essar Group in May 2011.

Interview Details I was received my call from the recruiter for a special recruitment for a specified job. They had done it by noticing the resume form naukri.com. I was called for a video conferencing interview from their one site to present job site. I was interviewed by a pannel consisting of departmental head, area manager, H.R manager & quality manager. After completion of interview I was offered for the job immediately & I got the offer letter between 2 days.

Interview Question – In your college life which subject you felt very critical   View Answers (2)

Negotiation Details – I have negotiated as per my requirement as well as my experience & efficieny. My requirement was accepted by no any bergaining.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Essar Group

Worked for Essar Group? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Essar Group interview questions and advice. All 20 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Essar Group employees and interview candidates.