Essilor of America Interview Questions

Updated 4 Mar 2015

2.9

Summer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Essilor of America.

Interview

*Two round interview: first with seniors in the team, second with directors and managers
    *Last for almost 5-6 weeks
    *No wired questions. Typical interview questions.
    *Interviewers were nice and friendly. They went through the resume, asked many whys, and introduced their program in details.
    * The rotation program is not only limited to the positions shown on the job description. There are other teams that candidates can apply for.
    * The candidate can choose one or more specific teams to stay
    * The internship might expand to full time hiring.

Interview Questions

• "Why do you choose this rotation program? " Then followed by"Seems like you are finding your career direction. So, what's your career goal? Which area you want to work for?"   Answer Question

Part Time Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Essilor of America (Dallas, TX (US)) in August 2014.

Interview

I applied for the position online via my campus website and was called in for an interview the same week. The interview process was smooth- there was a phone interview first and then an in person interview on site. They were very professional and the interview went well. I was unable to accept the position due to schedule conflicts, but I would consider applying again the the future for a full-time position.

Interview Questions

• What is one of your biggest challenges in the workplace?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate my hours.

Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Essilor of America.

Interview

Telephone contact, face to face interview, telephone contact, offer letter via email and phone confirmation. Actually had two sales managers that knew how to speak and interview sales reps. their presentation was very professional, and questions were open ended was asked how I worked with current customers, did not ask me for customer lists or expected me to go after current customers. The interview went very well with the two that interviewed me, unfortunately because they were messed over nine months later, they were not in my chain for long.

Negotiation

easy straight forward

Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Essilor of America.

Interview

Patience is key. The process for this size of a company is very long. I am going to guess that the reason is due to the amount of applicants. There are a lot of applicants now due to industry changes. A new hire will have to endure a time period of training before getting into the field. Training can be tedious, but important to success. Show tolerance to this in an interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Yes...salary is not very negotiable, however, vacation, and sales time frame guarantees are.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Essilor of America.

Interview

This was a typical interview process with typical questions. The interviewer did however seem to be "shooting from the hip" with the interview questions. This gave the interview a natural flow, but may have led to a subjective choice in for the final candidate. One would expect a set list of questions to be asked, but that didn't seem to be the case

Interview Questions

• Questions asked were what one would expect to be asked when reviewing a resume.   Answer Question

Senior EDI Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Essilor of America (Dallas, TX (US)).

Interview

I had 2 in-person interviews, one of those with an additional person via phone at another company office location.

Interview Questions

• They asked me technical questions about EDI processing.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiating. I was offered the position on a contract-to-hire basis, and was fully hired a month later.

Summer Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Essilor of America in March 2013.

Interview

Got their opening from school's career center, four interviews in two rounds, one with intern program director and hr, another with direct supervisors. No wired questions, just why company, walk through resume, why the position.

Interview Questions

• Asked about the project details, some are old so it took me some time to recall the details   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiable.

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Essilor of America (Dallas, TX (US)) in March 2013.

Interview

One hour phone interview with Talent Aquisition. Asked standard intervew questions -nothing difficult. TA asked for past salary ranges immediately. Would not reveal pay scale for the opportunity. Inteviewed 5 candidates in person with 2 VPs at the office.

Interview Questions

Interview

3 people interview you in3 seperate rooms and ask you some behaviorial questions about your CV.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Essilor of America in August 2012.

Interview

Interview process was pretty standard. Phone interview, in person and a skills test. No call back after repeated emails to the recruiter and no feedback shared about why I was not advanced even upon requesting it.

Interview Questions

• Tell me how you would manage an employee that has the skill to do the job but lacks motivation.   Answer Question