Expedia Interview Questions

3.1

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Expedia in September 2014.

I was invited to the drive. Had 1 round F2F.

Interview Process

Questions were :

1) Find if a string is rotation of another string ex. abcd , dabc is rotation of abcd
    2) Find min distance between two character in a string ex. a x c a e r r a d e min dis between a and e is 1

Interviewer was good . He asked me to describe first approach and then write neat code for both problems. He was not in hurry and gave me sufficient time to think the approach and write code.

Associate Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Expedia.

Firstly, there was an online test then there were 3 rounds of interview where problem solving coding, personality etc was checked. The first 2 rounds were technical and the last round was HR round taken by a group of interviewers. Also some technical questions too were asked in HR round.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were average or mid level. Some HR round questions were difficult   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer In Test (SDET) Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Expedia in August 2014.

the first round was an online written test having verbal+quant+LR+tech objective ques+2 coding questions.the test was not very tough.after this they shortlisted some 30 students who then had 2 tech interviews followed by 1 and 2 for some HR rounds

Interview Questions
    • nothing as such but try to convince them with your answers   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Expedia in July 2014.

Applied through the college and it took 2 days. The first round was the written test which consists of the aptitude,technical(C,Data Structures,Os), Logical Reasoning and Coding section also(2 questions were there).From around 150+ students 30 got selected for the interview process. 3 rounds of interview followed by HR. Mainly focus on data structures like right view of BST, one question on array ,semaphores,Heap etc.

Associate Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana

There were 2 technical rounds and last HR. Technical rounds were mainly focused on data structures and ability to code.They also asked some basic questions from OS, DBMS. A little discussion of projects.
    Some questions :
    - Longest common subsequence (both recursive and DP solution)
    - fibonacci series (recusive and iterative)
    - searching an element in 2d array sorted row wise and column wise.
    - finding Kth largest element in 2d array sorted row wise and column wise.
    - difference between having and where clause

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Expedia in July 2014.

Online Test:-
    MCQs on almost all topics (DS, Algo, C, C++, OS, DBMS, Quant, Verbal)
    2 coding problems:-
    1. Rat in a maze(Basic Recursion Problem).
    2. Given a undirected graph check whether it is a tree or not(Easy BFS problem).

F2F Technical Interview Round 1(40 Mins):
    -Very Long and depth discussion on Projects.
    -Discussion about some google products implementation :(.
    -Given Inorder and Preoder Traversal of a binary tree, Construct the Binary Tree.(Complete code with all boundary Conditions needed).

F2F Technical Interview Round 2(40 mins):
    -Discussion on projects(Asked to dry run the algo used)
    -Multithreading?
    -Process and Threads ?
    -Semaphores Implementation + Some Basic OS Questions(Critical Sections etc)
    -Solve Reader Writer Problem with Semaphores(Code was needed :P)
    -Given a tree, print rightmost nodes.(I said, it can be done using Level Order Traversal and printing the Last node at each Level,
    then he asked to write the code for it).
    -Implement Queue With 2 stacks
    -Some More Questions on another projects.

F2f HR(60 mins) :
    -Introduction
    -Many Questions on different practical situations, and asked for my reaction to them.
    -Find top 3 records from an employee table.

Software Development Engineer In Test II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Expedia.

10 rounds were there and they were mixed by director, technical and managerial. OverAll it was good process but lengthy.
    Most rounds were technical in nature. Question were standard and good.

Senior Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Expedia.

Starts with a pre-screening with recruiter followed up by various face to face/skype interview. Best part is that the question and difficulty level kept on increasing as we went ahead in the process. The interviewer prepared well before the interview and it added a lot of value to the discussion.

More than interview, it was like a good discussion with white boards, laptops and jokes included. Over and above it, the transparency impressed me at every step.

Interview Questions
    • A lot of behavioral questions to check the cultural fitment in Expedia.   Answer Question
    I didn't had to negotiate much. Best and world class perks.

Software Engineer In Test II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Expedia.

Hiring was very smooth. The management was very flexible in interviewing me as per my convenience! They asked me technical questions but more importantly tried to judge me as a person

I could have negotiated better. I feel I could have got a better salary. I got the position as per my experience level.

SDEII Interview

Recruiting team was quite organised. There were a couple of telephonic round followed by face-to-face round - mostly technical