Expedia Interview Questions

3.1

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bangalore
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Expedia in September 2014.

I was invited to the drive. Had 1 round F2F.

Interview Process

Questions were :

1) Find if a string is rotation of another string ex. abcd , dabc is rotation of abcd
    2) Find min distance between two character in a string ex. a x c a e r r a d e min dis between a and e is 1

Interviewer was good . He asked me to describe first approach and then write neat code for both problems. He was not in hurry and gave me sufficient time to think the approach and write code.

Software Development Engineer In Test (SDET) Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Expedia in August 2014.

the first round was an online written test having verbal+quant+LR+tech objective ques+2 coding questions.the test was not very tough.after this they shortlisted some 30 students who then had 2 tech interviews followed by 1 and 2 for some HR rounds

Interview Questions
    • nothing as such but try to convince them with your answers   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Expedia in July 2014.

Applied through the college and it took 2 days. The first round was the written test which consists of the aptitude,technical(C,Data Structures,Os), Logical Reasoning and Coding section also(2 questions were there).From around 150+ students 30 got selected for the interview process. 3 rounds of interview followed by HR. Mainly focus on data structures like right view of BST, one question on array ,semaphores,Heap etc.

Associate Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana

There were 2 technical rounds and last HR. Technical rounds were mainly focused on data structures and ability to code.They also asked some basic questions from OS, DBMS. A little discussion of projects.
    Some questions :
    - Longest common subsequence (both recursive and DP solution)
    - fibonacci series (recusive and iterative)
    - searching an element in 2d array sorted row wise and column wise.
    - finding Kth largest element in 2d array sorted row wise and column wise.
    - difference between having and where clause

Associate Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Expedia.

Firstly, there was an online test then there were 3 rounds of interview where problem solving coding, personality etc was checked. The first 2 rounds were technical and the last round was HR round taken by a group of interviewers. Also some technical questions too were asked in HR round.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were average or mid level. Some HR round questions were difficult   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer In Test II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Expedia.

10 rounds were there and they were mixed by director, technical and managerial. OverAll it was good process but lengthy.
    Most rounds were technical in nature. Question were standard and good.

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Expedia in February 2013.

5 rounds of interview

Software Development Engineer In Test (SDET) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Expedia in March 2013.

I had a very bad experience with Expedia. I submitted my resume through a friend who got hired in expedia..Got a call from them...first telephonic interview went well...i messed up my second round..so was said 'No'..ok accepted till now...

But then again HR calls up after 15 days for other rounds of interviews...this time i had 4 back to back telephonic interviews in a week (each about 45-60 min)...out of these 4, 2 were taken by product manger in Seattle on skype.. I was in NCR region...after these 4 rounds I was called for F2F...

F2F was really bad/horrible/awful experience..
    I had initial one round of technical interview by 2 team members which went WELL and then they send in the Director to interview me.

After series of technical interviews for about 3 weeks I thought this will be kind of the relaxed round..I didnt expect director to grill me technically after 7 rounds already done.
    To my utter dismay this turned out to be other technical round.

My mind was fully exhausted by now, I didnt even feel like answering ..it was like how much are you going to evaluate me..after series of about 7 int, u still are grilling me...Director even went to records and said that your skill are still not that sharp..

In my mind I thought what were you evaluating me for till these rounds that now you are now realising my skills are not that sharp..

Anyways i will still like to mention all those repetitive ques i was asked over the several int -
    .net, sql, coded ui tool related -
    1) What are interfaces?
    2) What is operator overloading, method overloading
    3) Abstract classes, virtual classes, difference b/w them
    4) ques related to .net libraries like how will will you open a file (System.IO namespace and all)
    5) Exception Handling
    6) Wcf servies/proxy concepts
    7) Codedui tool concepts - object repository, recognizing an object
    8) string reversal program
    9) Simple insert/select/join queries

Interviews that I had with prod managers were process related mainly or were analytical
    1) what is agile, scrum concepts
    2) how will you test a travel website ..what all scenarios

Director went to ask me ques that were too complex for me - Singleton classes, finding a card from deck of cards

This is all I can remember from series of interviews that happened.

Senior Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Expedia.

Starts with a pre-screening with recruiter followed up by various face to face/skype interview. Best part is that the question and difficulty level kept on increasing as we went ahead in the process. The interviewer prepared well before the interview and it added a lot of value to the discussion.

More than interview, it was like a good discussion with white boards, laptops and jokes included. Over and above it, the transparency impressed me at every step.

Interview Questions
    • A lot of behavioral questions to check the cultural fitment in Expedia.   Answer Question
    I didn't had to negotiate much. Best and world class perks.

Software Engineer In Test II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Expedia.

Hiring was very smooth. The management was very flexible in interviewing me as per my convenience! They asked me technical questions but more importantly tried to judge me as a person

I could have negotiated better. I feel I could have got a better salary. I got the position as per my experience level.

Worked for Expedia? Contribute to the Community!