Expedia

Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Difficult Interview

Applications Engineer Interview

Gurgaon, Haryana

I applied through other source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Expedia in February 2013.

Interview Details 5 rounds of interview

Interview Question – Related to systems and web architecture   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer In Test (SDET) Interview

Software Development Engineer In Test (SDET)
Gurgaon, Haryana

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Expedia in March 2013.

Interview Details I had a very bad experience with Expedia. I submitted my resume through a friend who got hired in expedia..Got a call from them...first telephonic interview went well...i messed up my second round..so was said 'No'..ok accepted till now...

But then again HR calls up after 15 days for other rounds of interviews...this time i had 4 back to back telephonic interviews in a week (each about 45-60 min)...out of these 4, 2 were taken by product manger in Seattle on skype.. I was in NCR region...after these 4 rounds I was called for F2F...

F2F was really bad/horrible/awful experience..
I had initial one round of technical interview by 2 team members which went WELL and then they send in the Director to interview me.

After series of technical interviews for about 3 weeks I thought this will be kind of the relaxed round..I didnt expect director to grill me technically after 7 rounds already done.
To my utter dismay this turned out to be other technical round.

My mind was fully exhausted by now, I didnt even feel like answering ..it was like how much are you going to evaluate me..after series of about 7 int, u still are grilling me...Director even went to records and said that your skill are still not that sharp..

In my mind I thought what were you evaluating me for till these rounds that now you are now realising my skills are not that sharp..

Anyways i will still like to mention all those repetitive ques i was asked over the several int -
.net, sql, coded ui tool related -
1) What are interfaces?
2) What is operator overloading, method overloading
3) Abstract classes, virtual classes, difference b/w them
4) ques related to .net libraries like how will will you open a file (System.IO namespace and all)
5) Exception Handling
6) Wcf servies/proxy concepts
7) Codedui tool concepts - object repository, recognizing an object
8) string reversal program
9) Simple insert/select/join queries

Interviews that I had with prod managers were process related mainly or were analytical
1) what is agile, scrum concepts
2) how will you test a travel website ..what all scenarios

Director went to ask me ques that were too complex for me - Singleton classes, finding a card from deck of cards

This is all I can remember from series of interviews that happened.

Interview Question – shuffling deck of cards   Answer Question

Senior Recruiter Interview

Senior Recruiter
Gurgaon, Haryana

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Expedia.

Interview Details Starts with a pre-screening with recruiter followed up by various face to face/skype interview. Best part is that the question and difficulty level kept on increasing as we went ahead in the process. The interviewer prepared well before the interview and it added a lot of value to the discussion.

More than interview, it was like a good discussion with white boards, laptops and jokes included. Over and above it, the transparency impressed me at every step.

Interview Question – A lot of behavioral questions to check the cultural fitment in Expedia.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't had to negotiate much. Best and world class perks.

Software Engineer In Test II Interview

Gurgaon, Haryana

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Expedia.

Interview Details Hiring was very smooth. The management was very flexible in interviewing me as per my convenience! They asked me technical questions but more importantly tried to judge me as a person

Negotiation Details – I could have negotiated better. I feel I could have got a better salary. I got the position as per my experience level.

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer
Gurgaon, Haryana

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Expedia in November 2012.

Interview Details Expect 4-5 interviews which usually span for 20 days from start to offer letter.
2 Technical
2 Managerial + Technical
1 Online test

Interview Question – How will you identify references to an object in java api?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much of negotiation unless you reject the offer.

Software Development Engineer In Test (SDET) II Interview

Gurgaon, Haryana

I applied through other source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Expedia in May 2013.

Interview Details Received a call from HR of Expedia, who has seen my profile in LinkedIn. He asked me couple of simple questions like what is Hashmap and a question about finding combination of numbers in an array that add up to a certain value. I got three rounds of telephonic interviews scheduled after a week or two. Then I was asked to fly to Expedia in Gurgaon. I had three rounds of interview. The questions are not tough, I could write code for all the questions, however, based on the feedback, the code wasn't optimized enough.

Interview Question – Remove all characters of a string from another string. The algorithm should be less than O(m*n) where m & n are lengths of strings and the space used should be less than O(m+n).   View Answers (2)

SDEII Interview

Interviewed at Expedia

Interview Details Recruiting team was quite organised. There were a couple of telephonic round followed by face-to-face round - mostly technical

Interview Question – none   View Answer

Software Development Engineer II Interview

Software Development Engineer II
Hyderābād

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Expedia in October 2012.

Interview Details Three rounds of technical interviews. Only in the last round of interview, few non-technical questions asked. There was a lot of writing code. For a couple, I was also asked to state the complexity.
Overall, the process was quick and the recruiting team was very helpful.

Interview Question – Most Difficult : Check if a linked list contains a loop. If yes then find the starting position of the loop.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Location was not acceptable to me

Software Engineer In Test I Interview

Gurgaon, Haryana

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Expedia in March 2013.

Interview Details 1 Telephonic round
2 Face to face Interviews
1 Telephonic round with the US office

Interview Question – Some Algo and DS based questions and a couple of puzzles followed by coding each scenario and writing the test cases for each of the problems   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I could negotiate on my fixed salary, but could not stretch it a lot as they were already pretty good with respect to the experience level

Senior Software Development Engineer In Test (SDET) Interview

Senior Software Development Engineer In Test (SDET)
Gurgaon, Haryana

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Expedia.

Interview Details I know Expedia is a great brand in US but in India I feel recruiters are making it worst. I applied through job site and got a call directly from the recruiter. It was a for Gurgaon, India location. Faced 2 telephonic technical interview. After my 2nd interview I got an email from recruiter that next will be F2F interview and he will inform me when I have to come. Then it almost like 3 weeks and I haven't received any reply from him. So I sent and email for the update. No reply again. Then finally I called him and he told me they have hired someone from local. He don't have any etiquette to at least reply on the email. Expedia is a great brand and every candidate prepare a lot for the interview. Please at least give respect for those preparation.

Interview Question – Questions were mostly on data structure (binary search tree, linkedlist etc)   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Expedia

Worked for Expedia? Contribute to the Community!

Expedia Videos

Expedia – Why Work for Us?

Why Expedia? Because mornings are the best when you love your job. At Expedia, Inc. we are passionate about travel and revolutionizing it through the power of technology. Across the globe, our family of brands makes… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Expedia interview questions and advice. All 247 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Expedia employees and interview candidates.