Expedia

Expedia Interview Questions

Updated 3 Mar 2015
Updated 3 Mar 2015

Software Engineer In Test - II Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Expedia in February 2015.

01. HR informed me 2 days in advance that a series of 4 telephonic interviews are scheduled over spanning across 2 days.
    02. HRs were friendly through out the process and kept me updated.
    03. After two levels of interview, they informed that they won't be able to proceed with my candidature further.
    04. They shared the feedback of the interview on request. That was helpful.

Interview Questions
    • Contrary to my assumptions, i found the interview pattern simple. Each interview lasted for 1 hour and it consisted 3 questions precisely.
      a. Quick Question about OOPS.
      b. Question related to functional - preparing a exhaustive test case list for a typical Web service architecture.
      c. Coding Question - A typical challenge was thrown associated with arrays, matrix and they expect to arrive with design and coding with in the stimulated time.

Trust me, they expect the fine tuned code with in the first attempt itself. No excuses.
      Interviewers might give some focus points if they think if you are missing something or lacking - try to seek that point and explain about that area. You can't skip that point.
      Preparation around coding challenges around arrays, strings, matrix and linked lists would be helpful.

View Answer

Software Development Engineer In Test - II Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Expedia in February 2015.

4 interviews were scheduled over phone across 5 days, which was taken by different developers and test engineers. Initial plan was to appear for all 4 in 4 days, which was later on rescheduled due to non-availability of interviewers.

Interview Questions
    • Following is the list of questions which I can recall -
      1. Find All Palindromes in a String, considering all cases. If possible using Collections
      2. Sort a stack (implemented using an array) in an optimal way
      3. Find number of (0)s and 1(s) in an array having only 0(s) and 1(s)
      4. Sort an array having 0(s), 1(s) and 2(s)
      5. Explain architecture of the Selenium based automation framework
      6. How to test multiple WSDLs? What all test cases or testing methods can be applied
      7. How to use multi-threading concept in your automation framework
      8. What are immutable classes
      9. How to implement a queue with synchronized collections(which collection can be used and why)
      10. Page Object Model vs Page Factory Model
      11. Singleton Class and concept of private constructor
      12. How to handle same object with different properties across different browsers in Selenium based Automation Framework?

Answer Question

Applications Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Expedia in December 2014.

1st Round - Screening done by one of the senior team member. Asked about past experience and work profile. Talked about Job Description and roles and responsibilities Expedia is looking for and than few scenario based questions. and at the end was told that there will be 2 telephonic round of an hour in upcoming week.

2nd round by an another team member, asked general technological questions. Very basic. interview lasted for around 50 mins.

3rd round was a technical round as well, where process/scenario/technical questions were asked. Very polite and supportive interviewers. lasted for an hour.

Final round was a F2F at Gurgaon office. Same as 3rd round with giving you more confidence. means interviewer was giving more freedom and support to answer. great experience over all.

I applied through careers expedia and total interview process took around 4 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • Most of the questions apart from the technical ones were process and scenario based.   View Answer

Software Development Engineer In Test (SDET) Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at Expedia in November 2014.

Got call from consultant for Expedia Hiring event on November. After shortlisting of resume I had direct face to face interview with Expedia. It was a whole day process with multiple technical face to face interviews.
    Expedia people look specifically for people who are good in Data Structures and Algorithm for SDET position. Interview is no less than Developer. Problem solving skills are also important to crack the interview

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana
    Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Expedia in October 2014.

Very long, they take a lot of time to schedule interviews. I have never given so many interviews for a single company. Interviews don't call you up at least first two times for a telephonic or skype interview. It took 3 months for them to complete the process and by that time hiring got freezed in that team and I was asked to appear for another team there again I have to give few rounds of interviews again. There hiring process left a very bad impression in my head. They were my first choice to join even after having few offers in hand and they made me finally taking a step back. I declined for the further process. They literally take weeks to schedule an interview and then weeks for the interviewer to take interview after 2nd or 3rd attempt and then again HR will take weeks to revert you back. I have never experienced such a candidate unfriendly process.

Interview Questions
    • Questions are very easy and straight forward, basic Java, basic ds and algo.   Answer Question

Expedia Response

Feb 26, 2015Team Expedia

Thank you for your feedback - we're sorry that you had such a negative experience during the interview process and we will pass this information onto our recruiting team. We hope that you have found ... More

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore
    Anonymous Employee in Bangalore

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Expedia in September 2014.

I was invited to the drive. Had 1 round F2F.

Interview Process

Questions were :

1) Find if a string is rotation of another string ex. abcd , dabc is rotation of abcd
    2) Find min distance between two character in a string ex. a x c a e r r a d e min dis between a and e is 1

Interviewer was good . He asked me to describe first approach and then write neat code for both problems. He was not in hurry and gave me sufficient time to think the approach and write code.

Associate Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Expedia.

Firstly, there was an online test then there were 3 rounds of interview where problem solving coding, personality etc was checked. The first 2 rounds were technical and the last round was HR round taken by a group of interviewers. Also some technical questions too were asked in HR round.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were average or mid level. Some HR round questions were difficult   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer In Test (SDET) Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Expedia in August 2014.

the first round was an online written test having verbal+quant+LR+tech objective ques+2 coding questions.the test was not very tough.after this they shortlisted some 30 students who then had 2 tech interviews followed by 1 and 2 for some HR rounds

Interview Questions
    • nothing as such but try to convince them with your answers   Answer Question

Associate Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Expedia in July 2014.

There were 2 technical rounds and last HR. Technical rounds were mainly focused on data structures and ability to code.They also asked some basic questions from OS, DBMS. A little discussion of projects.
    Some questions :
    - Longest common subsequence (both recursive and DP solution)
    - fibonacci series (recusive and iterative)
    - searching an element in 2d array sorted row wise and column wise.
    - finding Kth largest element in 2d array sorted row wise and column wise.
    - difference between having and where clause

Software Development Engineer Interview

Applied through the college and it took 2 days. The first round was the written test which consists of the aptitude,technical(C,Data Structures,Os), Logical Reasoning and Coding section also(2 questions were there).From around 150+ students 30 got selected for the interview process. 3 rounds of interview followed by HR. Mainly focus on data structures like right view of BST, one question on array ,semaphores,Heap etc.