Express

Updated 14 Nov 2014
Updated 14 Nov 2014

2.2

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Group interview with 10 people. Ask questions based off answers given about retail and customer service experience. Where have you worked what did you do were the obvious questions. She also gave scenario in the work environment questions and asked question to see just how much knowledge of the store we had like reward programs and stuff.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Express.

I applied and got a call about two weeks later, I had a group interview with 4 other girls. It was a very relaxed interview, there were no really difficult questions. I made sure that I dressed in more formal clothing. Overall, an easy interview. My only advice would be to just relax and be yourself, don't be afraid to talk and I would also ask questions towards the end so that it shows your interest.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA (US)

I applied online – interviewed at Express in November 2014.

I completely stressed myself out beforehand for NO REASON. The manager that interviewed me was so nice and basically just went over the company's facts and goals, how busy the store is, etc.. And then just asked me basic questions about myself! I was offered the job and just have to wait for them to go over my references :)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Express.

The process was super easy - I applied on a Sunday night and was called Monday for an interview. After my interview, I was told they would call me in a week after checking references, but it was more like two weeks. After two weeks, they called me and formally offered me the job, and then I had orientation and started two days after.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any difficult questions - the woman who interviewed me immediately started talking about the position.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

did application in the store received a call about 2 days later for an interview for seasonal. got there and it was 2 other people. we did separate interview and was offered the job the next day.

Interview Questions
    • never worked in retail so all the sale questions i had to basically make up with some common sense.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Express.

I applied online, filled out an application, and the next day they called. Got a group interview with them the day of. Be yourself, answer truthfully. She just asked about me, how my customer service is. nothing out of the ordinary

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Express.

Very easy and relaxed interview. As a recent grad with no prior retail experience I directed my answers to the interview questions around the skills that I posses that could benefit the store/brand. First impressions are everything, so definitely show your personal style and appreciation for the brand/fashion by dressing up to the interview…since I didn't have prior retail experience I was asked to list references (yes, they actually do call them!) Also, in my opinion you have a leg up against other applicants if you apply IN STORE, on the paper application and turn it into the hiring manager so that you can introduce yourself/put a name to face when it comes to interview time…also, depends on when/what season you apply but the hiring process was very quick…wasn't really much of a process since I did all of the above mentioned.

Interview Questions
    • No question was difficult but that fact that I was being interview in the food court of the mall (the store is located in a mall setting) was a distraction.   Answer Question

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Express.

seen the instore ad, applied on line got a call aweek later. i was suppose to have a group inter veiw but she gave me a one on one since couldnt make it

Interview Questions
    • what is the differince between coustomer service and coustomer experice   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Express.

I had a group interview of about 4 other candidates. It was fairly informal and relaxed. As long as you express your interest and experience for fashion and retail you will be set. I think the key is to share your thoughts but also let other candidates speak and listen to what they have to say.

Interview Questions
    • What was a difficult situation you had to face in a past work experience?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Express in October 2014.

I applied online, got a call a couple weeks later. I actually missed the call and had to call them back. They asked me to come in the next Monday for an interview. It was really comfortable and fun because all the workers at Express recognized me because I shop there ALOT and I always get compliments on my outfits and looks when I go there. It was a small interview just me and another boy, was asked to introduce ourselves and two scenario customer questions, and then the interviewer explained to us alittle about Express and the interview was done in 20 minutes!! Got a call back today and I was offered the job and to come to orientation this monday!! ( they have to call your references in order to offer you the job so I actually had all my references call the store, and they seemed to appreciate that ALOT! )