Express Scripts

Getting the Interview

126 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Prior Authorization Interview

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Express Scripts.

Interview Details It took me a long time to get an interview with ESI. After applying for this position online a recruiter contacted me a few days later and did a 15 min. phone interview asking about my self and a few behavior based interview questions. At the end the recruiter told me she would me to continue to the next round of interviews and we scheduled at the next opening I was available. My interview was all behavior based questions and I was offered the position the next day by the same recruiter.

Interview Question – ESI uses behavior based interview questions (tell me about a time you were put in "blank" situation and how did you deal with it). Go into your interview thinking about different situation you have been in with your prior/current work experience and be prepared to describe them.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I attempted to negotiate pay but was told that was not an option for this position. The recruiter told me that it is always important to ask because you never know what is available.

Senior Account Manager Interview

I applied in-person and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Express Scripts.

Interview Details Slow response and follow up.. I had to initiate next steps or inquire about the latest update. The process was not only painfully slow, but required many layers of interviews which lasted weeks in between.

Interview Question – Nothing unique, and interviewer said they are constantly running from call to call. Client meetings are done on the fly due to lack of time... I could sense the stress and imbalance in his voice.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – The interview process was terrible. It made me question the overall integrity of the company and how they conduct themselves.

Patient Care Advocate Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Express Scripts in August 2013.

Interview Details Helped patients process and monitor their prescription orders. Offered prescription coverage and plan details to callers. Proactively offered and educated patients about the benefits of home delivery and plan changes.

Interview Question – Is this because of ObamaCare?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – do not go through with it, unless you have worked in a call center type environment and enjoyed it.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Indianapolis, IN (US)

I applied online - interviewed at Express Scripts in February 2014.

Interview Details Be ready to answer some really stupid question and be ready the act like your a real big butt kisser

Interview Question – HR sometimes ask about doing a job that has nothing do with what your are applying for   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Benefits real sucked compared to other place I had applied

Counsel Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Express Scripts.

Interview Details I first met with HR. Afterwards, I met with the senior attorney that I'd be working with. After that, I met with the General Counsel.

Interview Question – Why would you like to work here?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Express Scripts in November 2011.

Interview Details Talked to recruiters at career fair and submitted resume. I was contacted by HR in a month about an internship opportunity. HR professional was very helpful in informing me about the company and the positions. Did a phone interview with 3 directors at once for 3 different positions. Received a call within one week with job offer. Job descriptions were very vague.

Interview Question – Related what I learned in marketing class to statistics class.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Tempe, AZ (US)

I applied online and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Express Scripts in March 2014.

Interview Details One phone screening and a phone interview a few hours later.

Interview Question – What is a mistake that you have made?   Answer Question

Irrelevant Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Express Scripts in February 2014.

Interview Details Interview process (scheduling and completion) went fast but the wait for an answer takes way too long. For needing to fill these positions in a hurry as they imply in the interview process, the higher ups seem to not value the time of the hiring manager or the candidates unless it's a position they need filled in their direct area.
It now comes across very unprofessional and inconsiderate to hold up their own for so long as well as not at least providing an update to the candidates as well.
The process started out very well then the experience declined very fast.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself five years from now working for Express Scripts?   View Answer

Network Analyst Interview

Network Analyst

I applied through other source and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Express Scripts.

Interview Details Job posted applied infernal. Received a call for resume review(screening). Was told I would get a call soon. A week later sent recruiter an email on estatus, to reply.Two weeks later got a call for face to face interview. Interview with Supervisor and Mánager. After Interview was told there would be another round of interviews with the Director which would be conducted the following week. After almost two weeks later sent another follow up email and was told the position was filled and the person accepted, no notice given to me that I was no longer considered.

Interview Question – Behavioral Question about being a supervisor.   View Answer

Senior Manager Interview

Saint Louis, MO (US)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Express Scripts in January 2010.

Interview Details Behavior interviews. HR is very slow to act on the follow ups.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Express Scripts

Worked for Express Scripts? Contribute to the Community!

Express Scripts – Why Work for Us?

​​​​​​You Belong Here​​​​​​ ​​​​​If you value work that offers meaning and want your career to make a difference in peoples’ lives, you belong at Express Scripts. We have the talent, resources and ability to lower… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Express Scripts interview questions and advice. All 126 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Express Scripts employees and interview candidates.