Express Scripts Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 22, 2014
152 interviews

2.8

Underwriter Interview

I interviewed through other source - interviewed at Express Scripts.

Hiring has changed. Finance is interested only in individuals from high ranking colleges. The interview process is multi-phased and requires that the individual be seen as a person who is a good 'culture' fit. Prefers younger people who are willing to work for less to gain experience and won't complain about the enormous amount of hours.

IT Director Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Saint Louis, MO (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Express Scripts in August 2014.

Interview Process included multiple telephone interviews followed by multiple in-person interviews. Job description for position was not accurate and differences were not identified early enough in the process to allow candidate to adjust focus. Everybody was extremely pleasant and professional!

Make sure you can relate your experience to their job description (easier when the job you apply for is the one they interview you for). They really want leadership qualifications! The technical IT environment is highly evolved, but management of the functions is lagging behind.

Interview Questions
    • What metrics have you used to track budget on past programs or projects? Difficult because I was unable to tell what they meant; do you mean earned value management, or do you want to know how numbers were arrived at on a past project? Several questions were "fuzzy" and meant to elicit personality traits.   View Answer

IT Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Express Scripts in October 2013.

I didn't have an official interview, however I heard that there are two or three interviews for this internship. I did have a short phone question-answer session, where we discussed my strengths in IT and what I would like to take away from this opportunity.

I was offered a hourly wage, and I asked for a slightly higher wage, and was approved.

Staff Pharmacist Interview

At the time Pharmacist were in high demand not a tuff interview, so the did not ask very many questions, only when I could start and if I needed time off soon.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had to deal with a difficult patient   Answer Question

Data Entry Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  North Versailles, PA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in North Versailles, PA (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Express Scripts in July 2014.

You start off by filling out an online application and typing assessment. The assessment lists about 26 entries with sample information you would be entering (name of doctor, health coverage company, address, etc.). You have 5 minutes to complete the assessment and it is required to print the entries prior so you will need a printer. I only got through 3 and a half so I thought I completely failed, but I was called for an interview two days later, and was told I did rather well. They look more at attention to detail and entering information without error, rather than speed and mistakes.

On the interview, they bring you in a room and it is very relaxed. It is conducted by one interviewer and the are very friendly. They explain what the company does and what the position entails before the questions begin. There are 5 behavioral interviewing questions. At the conclusion of the interview, they explain that there are a few things that distract people from accepting employment (such as, parking, cubicle size, shift bids, noise limits, etc.) and if you would be ok with them. The interview takes about an hr.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you had to perform the same activity over and over. What measures did you take to keep yourself from being distracted. What was the result.

Name a time when you were given a directive you did not agree was in the best interest of the company. How did you handle it and what was the result.
        Answer Question

I got the position, but after careful consideration I declined & decided to stay with the company I was currently working for at the time. The pay increase was minor compared to the 7-30PM shift I had at the time.

Staff Pharmacist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Albuquerque, NM (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albuquerque, NM (US)

I interviewed through other source. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Express Scripts in April 2011.

Short and sweet. Online recruiters directly were most helpful. The third party recruiters appeared to be farmed out to another company and presented as directly representing Express Scripts. As taken per face value, the interview process was farmed and outsourced at the time. Now in real time all hiring is online, have resume ready to upload now as an addenda in HTML. Social media ( face book and others are preferred) sites are discouraged.

Interview Questions
    • None, most questions were related to team building. Previous work experience at other job sites. Protect your identity by all reasonable means. Security questions abound.   Answer Question
    Really no negotiation needed as salary was quite fixed

Linux Systems Administrative Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Saint Louis, MO (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO (US)

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took a day - interviewed at Express Scripts in April 2011.

The Interview process was annoying.
    They tend to ask questions that involve rather complicated and obscure scenarios over the more common sense type questions.
    Interviewers treated you like you were at a police station being interrogated.
    Disrespectful, condescending, and they kept me waiting.
    I asked them this question:
    ""Please describe your culture to me""
    The response I got was one sentence:
    ""You go where we put you"".
    I've been through 2 interviews there. One of my two interviews was a phone interview.
    When I dialed into the meeting line they were finishing a previous phone interview that went over its allotted time. I got to hear half the interview questions before they even got to me. All I did was hang up and dial back in.

Interview Questions
    • One question involved compiling a Binary on a system that didn't allow compliling.
      A simple question but it was worded in an awkward and counter-intuitive manner.
        View Answer

Combative attitudes of the interviewers.
    Many and varied negative personal anecdotes from former employees and colleagues who have interviewed there.
    Numerous bad reviews on this very website.

Prescription Benefits Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Port St Lucie, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Port St Lucie, FL (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Express Scripts.

I applied online and was offered to complete the assessment test for further consideration. Maybe about 4 days later, I was contacted by a recruiter for a quick simple phone interview mainly explaining about the company and my availability. The recruiter scheduled me for a 1:1 interview for the next day and she also sent me a pdf to go over for before the interview. It was very helpful because the use the STAR Method. After my interview was was told that someone would contact me from Talent Acq and sure enough 3 days later I received a job offer from the same recruiter.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time where you had to go above and beyond what you were expected to do? What approach did you take and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Patient Care Advocate Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Charlotte, NC (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC (US)

I interviewed online - interviewed at Express Scripts.

When applying please compete the assessment. Be prepared to answer job simulated questions. The process takes longer than an hour, so be prepared to wait. Make sure to bring all documentation that they request because they will offer you job on the spot.

Pay not competitive

Call Center Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bloomington, MN (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, MN (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Express Scripts in September 2012.

Hiring process was pretty quick. Generally have to do two part interviews if you are from inside. If you are from outside, three part interviews. First you will have a phone screening with the recruiter. After you complete that process, the manager interview and then meet with Hiring Director and HR manager.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time how you dealt with difficult employees and how did you coach them and what was the result?   View Answer
    Didn't have negotiation. They declined my counter offer. The pay is pretty low compare to other Supervisors in healthcare.

Worked for Express Scripts? Contribute to the Community!