Exxon Mobil

Getting the Interview

237 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

PhD On-campus Interview Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Exxon Mobil.

Interview Details Applied through universtiy website and offered on-campus interview

Interview Question – What is the most complex problem you've met during your research and how did you solve it?   Answer Question

Engineering Intern Interview

Interviewed at Exxon Mobil

Interview Details The interview was all personality based questions. No technical questions whatsoever. They were very interested in what part of Exxon I wanted to work with.

Interview Question – None of the questions were difficult or unexpected   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Mechanical Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Exxon Mobil in September 2013.

Interview Details Applied through my College's campus recruiting. Interviewed a week later on campus. The atmosphere was formal, but rather relaxed. I enjoyed it frankly.

Interview Question – Questions were all behavioral, nothing out of the ordinary.   View Answer

Intern Interview

Intern

Interviewed at Exxon Mobil

Interview Details Behavioral interview with one round of questions

Interview Question – simple questions. be yourself   Answer Question

Internship Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Exxon Mobil in October 2013.

Interview Details Simple behavioral style interview. Consisted of 3 or 4 for questions and a basic description of ExxonMobil. Lasted about 45 minutes

Interview Question – Describe a time you worked in a team and one team member was difficult to work with, and what did you do to handle it?   Answer Question

PhD On Campus Recruiting Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Exxon Mobil in October 2013.

Interview Details It was on Campus interview. I applied through university career service online and then filled out application on Exxonmobil.com. The interview was about one hour. Most questions are about the research I have done for my PhD. Only about 5-6 behavior questions in the whole process. I was told that they would contact me in a week or two. However, I never heard from them since then. I guess I did get the opportunity to the next round.

Interview Question – Tell me when there are multiple solutions to one problem, how did you decide which solution to go to   Answer Question

Chemical Engineer, Full Time Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Exxon Mobil in September 2013.

Interview Details Applied through campus career site. Interviews conducted the following week. Mostly behavioral and very rigid and structured.

Interview Question – Give an example of when you were expecting resources that did not come?   Answer Question

Technical Graduate Interview

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Exxon Mobil.

Interview Details Applied through campus recruitment. They will first filter the resumes and invite selected individuals to career talk. Next followed by two rounds of interview.

Interview Question – How can you apply what you have learnt in your modules in your future role?   Answer Question

Chemical Engineer Interview

Chemical Engineer
Ann Arbor, MI (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Exxon Mobil in October 2013.

Interview Details I went to career fair in the University. Got an invitation through emial for interview. They had a company info session the night before the interview. The interview only last about ten to fifteen minutes. Only four questions, all behavioral. Name a time when you come up with an unique solution.

Interview Question – What's your favorite class?   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Process Engineer
Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Exxon Mobil in November 2012.

Interview Details Phone interview. Called to ask more about myself, interest in the company and was tested for technical knowledge in chemical engineering. Generally pleasant with 2 interviewers taking turns to ask questions. Was allowed to ask more about the job scope and explained the requirments. Went through a drug test right before internship starts

Interview Question – How do you explain to a 5 year old how a distillation tower works.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Exxon Mobil