Exxon Mobil

241 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Chemical Engineer Intern Interview

Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied through other source and interviewed at Exxon Mobil.

Interview Details In all of their pages you can find: "ExxonMobil is an Equal Opportunity Employer." Yet, they do not accept applications from engineering student studying at California State Universities, as if the higher tuition defines higher knowledge. Very disappointing.

Interview Question – In all of their pages you can find: "ExxonMobil is an Equal Opportunity Employer." Yet, they do not accept applications from engineering student studying at California State Universities, as if the higher tuition defines higher knowledge. Very disappointing.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Summer Placement Interview

I applied online and interviewed at Exxon Mobil.

Interview Details Face to face interview at university looking to establish motivation for applying to the company and reasons for course choice. very friendly interviewers (2) who are alumni from your university.

Interview Question – when have you ever had to make an unpopular decision   Answer Question

Controllers' Financial Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Exxon Mobil in November 2013.

Interview Details The first interview was on campus and the second one was at the headquarter's location. Both were basically behavioral, Why ExxonMobil? and Why You? kind of questions

Interview Question – If we did not offer you a position in ExxonMobil, what will you do?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Do not negotiate salary but you can negotiate location

Intern Interview

Interviewed at Exxon Mobil

Interview Details Very kind people there at Exxon Mobil. Interviewing process from my university was greatly appreciated as an opportunity to get into the field of oil and gas. I first interviewed in a general interview and then I had a second interview in which a facility called me and gave me another interview.

Interview Question – What makes you different from other engineers?   Answer Question

PhD On-campus Interview Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Exxon Mobil.

Interview Details Applied through universtiy website and offered on-campus interview

Interview Question – What is the most complex problem you've met during your research and how did you solve it?   Answer Question

Engineering Intern Interview

Interviewed at Exxon Mobil

Interview Details The interview was all personality based questions. No technical questions whatsoever. They were very interested in what part of Exxon I wanted to work with.

Interview Question – None of the questions were difficult or unexpected   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Mechanical Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Exxon Mobil in September 2013.

Interview Details Applied through my College's campus recruiting. Interviewed a week later on campus. The atmosphere was formal, but rather relaxed. I enjoyed it frankly.

Interview Question – Questions were all behavioral, nothing out of the ordinary.   View Answer

Intern Interview

Intern

Interview Details Behavioral interview with one round of questions

Interview Question – simple questions. be yourself   Answer Question

Internship Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Exxon Mobil in October 2013.

Interview Details Simple behavioral style interview. Consisted of 3 or 4 for questions and a basic description of ExxonMobil. Lasted about 45 minutes

Interview Question – Describe a time you worked in a team and one team member was difficult to work with, and what did you do to handle it?   Answer Question

PhD On Campus Recruiting Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Exxon Mobil in October 2013.

Interview Details It was on Campus interview. I applied through university career service online and then filled out application on Exxonmobil.com. The interview was about one hour. Most questions are about the research I have done for my PhD. Only about 5-6 behavior questions in the whole process. I was told that they would contact me in a week or two. However, I never heard from them since then. I guess I did get the opportunity to the next round.

Interview Question – Tell me when there are multiple solutions to one problem, how did you decide which solution to go to   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Exxon Mobil