ExxonMobil Interview Questions

Updated 15 Oct 2014
Updated 15 Oct 2014

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at ExxonMobil.

Applied online and received a request for an interview through school job search page. Interviewed on site, was a very straight forward behavioral interview. Interviewer was very nice and informative. He told me about what roles I might be performing on site and a little more about what the internship process would be like.

Interview Questions
    • What was one time you had to convince others that your approach to a problem was the correct approach.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview was conducted on my University Campus and afterwards was a phone interview. It was set up through my career center so i just basically had to select a time slot and show up ready to interview. The interviewer was nice, polite, and soft spoken, however seemed knowledgeable and had the management position to make this assumption.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were pretty standard for a behavioral interview. The only thing that made me think for a minute was, "what was your worst class ever". this was unexpected because most interviews would ask the contrary question of "what is your favorite class" which was not asked through the course of this interview.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Easy interview on campus. Mostly behavioral questions and resume review. The people were very pleasant. Make sure that you come with a lot of questions and are comfortable transferring to Texas in the summer.

Systems Analyst Interview

Research Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at ExxonMobil.

A good balance of technical and behavioral questions. Asked about research, challenge, group work. Nothing unexpected. I was nervous before the interview. But the interviewer was nice. After my self introduction, I completely left the nervousness behind. It was a good experience.

Interview Questions
    • How did you convince your team members to follow your idea?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Two rounds of interviews, second round is an office visit. You meet a lot of people, all of which are very friendly. They love talking about their experience. Have questions ready for them.

IPS - Industrial Placement Scheme Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at ExxonMobil.

CV submission
    difficult numerical test - SHL
    Phone interview
    face-to-face competency-based interview - this is were it all comes down to, all they look for is a confident leader, radiate calmness and confidence

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at ExxonMobil in October 2014.

Talk to them at my school's career fair, then set up and interview. Interviewer was very relaxed and friendly. Went over my resume briefly, then asked general behavioral questions. Each interviewer had a 4 pages of questions and picked one per page to write about. Focused on leadership and autonomy

Interview Questions
    • Name a time that you initiated a project and lead throughout?   Answer Question

Technical Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at ExxonMobil.

I went to career fair and got an interview a few weeks later. The interviewer was very nice. Make sure to attend the informationals. The interview is event based and will focus mostly on how you handled jobs in the past.

Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at ExxonMobil.

I initially spoke with them at a university career fair. They tell you upfront that relocation to Texas is probably required, but I told the recruiters that I was definitely open to travel, so I applied online and was invited to interview a few days later. My first interview was held on campus, and should I be selected for the next round, I would interview with a specific site leading to the final round of all day interviews. The guy who interviewed me was clearly exhausted but still friendly.

Interview Questions
    • Can you tell us about a time you worked in a group and your team members were not contributing and how you personally handled that situation?   Answer Question