ExxonMobil Interview Questions

Updated 17 Apr 2015

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

Basically ran through my resume and asked a couple behavioral question like tell me about time when you had to convince a team that you were working with to do something

GREF Graduate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

Standard competency interview but strongly directed towards work experience rather than academic or extra curricular experiences. Frustrating to be told that they didn't want to hear any more of one aspect of my experience which I felt was more relevant to the question asked. I guess looking for a very specific type of candidate

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with being told what to do by authority figures?   Answer Question

Procurement Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

I first met the recruiting team through a campus networking event. After establishing an initial rapport with the team, I was invited to participate in an on-campus interview. As far as I know, I was the only graduate student to receive an invite. The majority of candidates were undergraduates from the Supply Chain department. The first interview was entirely behavioral based. Lots of questions asking for examples of situations to assess my skills, character, and previous experiences . I found this first interview very straightforward and similar to other screening interviews. A few days later, I received an invitation to interview at the new ExxonMobil campus outside of Houston, TX.

A driver picked me up from the airpot and took me to a nice hotel near the ExxonMobil campus. That night the company treated me to a very nice dinner. I was very pleased with the no-pressure conversational tone of the dinner, and I was truly able to enjoy myself. The next morning, I was taken to the new campus where interviews started promptly at 8AM. I met with a variety of employees for 45 minute to 1 hour sessions. These interviews focused primarily on assessing my fit with the company culture. It was clear that my credentials were not in question at this point. The interviews continued until late into the afternoon with a break for lunch. The overall atmosphere was very relaxed, informative, and conversational and unlike any other second round interviews I have ever experienced. I hesitate to characterize the interview process as easy, but compared to the high pressure atmosphere of other interviews, I found the process at ExxonMobil considerably more casual. I was thoroughly impressed with the entire process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what you know about ExxonMobil.   1 Answer

Polymer Technologist-Customer Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brussels (Belgium)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at ExxonMobil (Brussels (Belgium)) in March 2015.

Interview

There were two interviewers asking questions about soft and hard skills, and how I could be of contribution to the company. There were additional questions about the company profile and technical details about the product lines that the company is involved with were asked for. They also inquired about my method of preparing for the interview.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about working for a company such as ours, which is a contributor to the overall CO2 emissions?   Answer Question

Instrument Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baytown, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at ExxonMobil (Baytown, TX (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

Took the Operations and Mechanical test. Passed. Got called in for first round of interviews. You do a scenario and background interview. During the scenario one they ask a lot of what ifs. This should be common sense if you've worked in an industrial environment. They just sit there and read questions out of a book. The background interview is where they go over education and work history. It's a little more personal, but still scripted. You get called back for a final interview. This one is with the 1st and 2nd line supervisors. This is the make or break. Basically you just sit in an office and talk with them. They are still reading from a packet, but they do ask questions off the cuff. If you get the job, you get a call back. If you don't, they mail you a letter. After you get the call back, you go in for your physical. Pretty standard stuff there.

Interview Questions

• You see two guys replacing a car window in the parking lot after work. They are breaking it with a hammer. What do you do?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. The starting salary is set.

Geoscience Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

The interview process was casual and fair. Met with a Senior Geologist on a college campus for a 30 minute interview. The process is extremely competitive for entry level geologists, but you have a fighting chance if you have interesting research experience that you are passionate about.

Interview Questions

• What were some disfunctional groups that you have been a part of? What is your dream job?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

Got the interview through campus recruiting. There was an informational dinner/meet-and-greet the night before interview. Hour long on-campus interview with two interviewers from the controllers department. Both were very nice and seemed genuinely happy to be there. All behavioral questions, .

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were in a group project. What kind of role did you play?   Answer Question

Machinery Engineer Interview

Interview

A whole day of four total one on one behavioral questioned interviews. I recommend coming up with different answers for each question because you will hear the same ones throughout the day. The day also consists of a plant tour and lunch. You also get to meet with Human Resources and learn about all the benefits and other packages involved with their company.

Graduate Engineer Interview

Interview

The interviews were done in two stages of six seperate interviews. The first two interviews were done with team heads who bassically grill you with behavioural based question. The second stage was with three directors and the C.E.O. They ask behavioural questions based on several areas, academia, work experience, extracurriculla activities.

Interview Questions

• What change process have you initiated in your work and what character trait does this reflect.   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethlehem, PA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ExxonMobil (Bethlehem, PA (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

Basic behavioral questions. The interviewer was very nice and convinced me to want the job even though it was very far away. I liked how he let me add anything that wasn't covered in the interview that I thought was necessary to add. About 45 minutes overall and felt more like a conversation than a Q&A.

Interview Questions

• Greatest Accomplishment? Time you worked on a team? Where do you think you would best fit at Exxon?   Answer Question