ExxonMobil

ExxonMobil Interview Questions

Updated 2 Mar 2015
Updated 2 Mar 2015

Procurement Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ExxonMobil.

I first met the recruiting team through a campus networking event. After establishing an initial rapport with the team, I was invited to participate in an on-campus interview. As far as I know, I was the only graduate student to receive an invite. The majority of candidates were undergraduates from the Supply Chain department. The first interview was entirely behavioral based. Lots of questions asking for examples of situations to assess my skills, character, and previous experiences . I found this first interview very straightforward and similar to other screening interviews. A few days later, I received an invitation to interview at the new ExxonMobil campus outside of Houston, TX.

A driver picked me up from the airpot and took me to a nice hotel near the ExxonMobil campus. That night the company treated me to a very nice dinner. I was very pleased with the no-pressure conversational tone of the dinner, and I was truly able to enjoy myself. The next morning, I was taken to the new campus where interviews started promptly at 8AM. I met with a variety of employees for 45 minute to 1 hour sessions. These interviews focused primarily on assessing my fit with the company culture. It was clear that my credentials were not in question at this point. The interviews continued until late into the afternoon with a break for lunch. The overall atmosphere was very relaxed, informative, and conversational and unlike any other second round interviews I have ever experienced. I hesitate to characterize the interview process as easy, but compared to the high pressure atmosphere of other interviews, I found the process at ExxonMobil considerably more casual. I was thoroughly impressed with the entire process.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me what you know about ExxonMobil.   View Answer

Geoscience Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at ExxonMobil.

The interview process was casual and fair. Met with a Senior Geologist on a college campus for a 30 minute interview. The process is extremely competitive for entry level geologists, but you have a fighting chance if you have interesting research experience that you are passionate about.

Interview Questions
    • What were some disfunctional groups that you have been a part of? What is your dream job?   Answer Question

Controllers Department Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Got the interview through campus recruiting. There was an informational dinner/meet-and-greet the night before interview. Hour long on-campus interview with two interviewers from the controllers department. Both were very nice and seemed genuinely happy to be there. All behavioral questions, .

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you were in a group project. What kind of role did you play?   Answer Question

Machinery Engineer Interview

A whole day of four total one on one behavioral questioned interviews. I recommend coming up with different answers for each question because you will hear the same ones throughout the day. The day also consists of a plant tour and lunch. You also get to meet with Human Resources and learn about all the benefits and other packages involved with their company.

Graduate Engineer Interview

The interviews were done in two stages of six seperate interviews. The first two interviews were done with team heads who bassically grill you with behavioural based question. The second stage was with three directors and the C.E.O. They ask behavioural questions based on several areas, academia, work experience, extracurriculla activities.

Interview Questions
    • What change process have you initiated in your work and what character trait does this reflect.   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethlehem, PA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethlehem, PA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ExxonMobil in February 2015.

Basic behavioral questions. The interviewer was very nice and convinced me to want the job even though it was very far away. I liked how he let me add anything that wasn't covered in the interview that I thought was necessary to add. About 45 minutes overall and felt more like a conversation than a Q&A.

Interview Questions
    • Greatest Accomplishment? Time you worked on a team? Where do you think you would best fit at Exxon?   Answer Question

Graduate Program Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Panel interview of 3 interviewers to 1 interviewee. The interviewers were from 3 different departments of different seniority. Questions asked were closely based on your resume as well as situational based questions. So they basically went through each item you have written on your resume and ask you to elaborate. At the end of the interview, it's the usual question and answer.

Interview Questions
    • Share an experience where you have to work with difficult people to achieve a goal.   Answer Question

Electrical Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at ExxonMobil.

I gave my resume to an ExxonMobil recruiter that attend a job expo at my university. A few days later I got an email telling me that they wanted to interview me on my university's campus.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to sell out an idea to someone.   Answer Question

Chemical Engineer Interview

All communications were via telephone and text message- no emails which was very strange. First Round interview was quite typical- basic qualifications and leadership. Second round contained 6 interviews, 3 technical and 3 leadership.

Interview Questions
    • Questions about specific components of a refining facility and how would they have to be changed depending on different weather events.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

campus interview was very good 1-on-1. done by former graduates of same university. results really depend on how you hit it off with interviewer. min GPA requirements too.

Interview Questions
    • what are your weaknesses, where do you see yourself in 5years, why choose exxonmobil and the petrochemical industry   Answer Question