ExxonMobil Interview Questions

Updated 22 Oct 2014
Updated 22 Oct 2014

Internship Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at ExxonMobil.

I spoke with a recruiter on campus and submitted a resume during our campus' career fair. I was contacted a week or so later for an on-campus interview. The interview was entirely behavioral, "tell me about a time when you dealt with x, y, or z." The interview was pretty relaxed and the interviewer did a good job of making it seem rather informal. Be sure to prepare specific examples of projects or teams you have worked on.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked specifically whether I had experience in data analysis and making recommendations for process changes based on that analysis.   Answer Question

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lubbock, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lubbock, TX (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at ExxonMobil in September 2014.

The interviewing process was very enjoyable and beneficial. All students invited an info session the night before interviews began that was a mixer of sorts. We were first served dinner while we had a chance to talk to the recruiters, and then were presented with a power point on Exxon's background and the different divisions within the company. I ended up being interviewed by Jessica, who was one of the recruiters I had spoken to during the "mixer". It made me feel more comfortable because she was a familiar face. The interview itself was about an hour long, and all of the questions were behavioral based. Two and half weeks later I was contacted for a phone interview with one of the regional managers.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you were forced to solve a problem under unfamiliar circumstances.   View Answer

Electrical Engineering Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at ExxonMobil in September 2014.

I went to see them at the career fair and the recruiters were friendly and easy to talk to. I got a call for an interview the next day and they even hosted a "how to interview" session for everyone who got an interview. The interview itself was easy. It was an hour long. However, a good chunk of it was the recruiter talking about Exxon. The questions they asked were pretty basic behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • There' wasn't one. All pretty straightforward. The last question they asked me was, "Is there anything else you'd like to say that we don't know about that we should?"   Answer Question

Internship Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at ExxonMobil in September 2014.

It was a 30 minute, on campus interview which focused on my resume and interest in being a geologist. At the end I was asked to fill out an application online.

Summer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at ExxonMobil in September 2014.

The interview was filled with behavioral questions, pretty easy nothing tricky. The best way to respond is to give personal examples; prepare stories beforehand. Do a lot of research so you can ask intelligent questions about specifics of the company.

Interview Questions
    • Not a very difficult question, just saying why would they should hire you.   Answer Question

Research Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Campus (Nepal)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Campus (Nepal)

I went to their information session and got a phone call about campus interview in one or two days. The interview process lasted about 50 mins. I'll waiting for their response.

Interview Questions
    • It is not very formal, and the questions include research as well as two behavioral questions. Nothing really difficult.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied online before the recruiter came to my school. Late afternoon (dinner time) on the day before the interview, the recruiter gave us a presentation about the company as well as the recruiting process. My interview with ExxonMobil was on the day after the info session. The recruiter was pretty nice. We basically walked through my resume. She asked questions based on the resume or some clarifications of my resume. I felt relaxed during the whole interview process.

Interview Questions
    • Their was no difficult questions once you know your resume well (of course).   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rolla, MO (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rolla, MO (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at ExxonMobil in September 2014.

Very friendly interviewer. She told me a lot about what she does at Exxon, and even her involvement in the community. After introducing herself, she asked a variety of questions. Most seemed to be related to teamwork and conflicts. It seemed very easy to talk to her because it was very personal and relaxed.

Engineering Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at ExxonMobil in September 2014.

I applied through my schools career website before the career fair. I was given the opportunity to sign up for an interview and did so. At the end of the interview, which was all standard behavioral, the interviewer said in 3 or 4 weeks I might hear from a Site Coordinator about a further phone call.

Interview Questions
    • Talk about a time when you can do convince someone or a team to go with your idea.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ExxonMobil in September 2014.

I did not have any in-person contact with the interviews before the interview date. I was emailed about 10 days prior to the interview and told to pick a timeslot on my college career website. I just picked the time and it was approved. I showed up and participated in the 30 minute interview.

Interview Questions
    • Why shouldn't you work for us? Why would you be bad for the company?   Answer Question