ExxonMobil

ExxonMobil Procurement Associate Interview Questions

3.2

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Procurement Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ExxonMobil.

My professor emailed me saying they needed an intern. I submitted my resume to him and then I went through two face-to-face interviews and a phone interview for the internship. I was hired full-time after my internship.

Interview Questions
I accepted the offer without negotiations.

Other Interview Reviews for ExxonMobil

Procurement Associate Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ExxonMobil in January 2012.

I was asked about my past backround experience, ti was very focused on my ability to stand up different tasks at one time and rëated working jobs experience. As procurement is a new and demanding area in my country, they were interested in a way I am prepared to do it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at ExxonMobil in November 2011.

I first had my resume distributed to the recruiters at my college career fair. Since I was out of state at the time, we conducted an initial phone interview as opposed to in person. From there, I was invited to travel to Houston for five on-site, in-person interviews. At these on-site interviews, they are interviewing you as much as you are interviewing them--you have to figure out if you are a good fit within the company. They would not have invited you if you didn't have the credentials on paper, not it's time to be sure you both will be happy if you are hired.

Interview Questions
    • Describe one of the biggest challenges in your life that you have had to overcome, and what was the result?   Answer Question
    Depending on your situation, there can be room to negotiate. Best advice: don't be scared to ask--if they want you, they will do what it takes.

Procurement Associate Interview

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at ExxonMobil in July 2011.

Applied online to the Exxon Mobil BSC website. The procurement associate position online does not require a degree, but everyone has bachelar or above so probably do not apply unless you are a graduate. They took copies of our degrees so it might actually be required en lieu of experience. Also, foreign languages are nearly a must since Prague procurement handles all of Europe, Middle East, and Africa.

You take an analytics test before you are acceptable for an interview. If you do well, they call you and you interview in front of a few managers who ask you questions about how you have solved problems in the past, how have you negotiated things, how did you react when someone was unreasonable. The questions may seem general, but if you understand the job, you will know that these questions are necessary since you will be a contract manager over very important materials for large amounts of money.

The workplace is full of young and active people. The normal age is somewhere in the late 20s. So far it is a great company that will challenge you and give much in return. Highly recommended.

*Dress professionally for the interview or just don't apply*
    *Study for the analytics exam*
    *Be prepared to handle a lot of responsibility quickly*
    *Be a good person to be around, or else I don't want them to hire you either :-) *

Interview Questions
    • When was a time you had to negotiate for something?   Answer Question
    • When was a time you spotted something that no one else did and what was the effect?   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Be happy to be one of the team :-)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at ExxonMobil in November 2008.

At first, the interview process was very similar to most employers. I went to the career fair gave my resume and later they contacted me to interview on campus. The interview on campus was normalt. They asked questions about my career goals and previous leadership experience. Then I was invited to go to Houston to interview for the position. Well, once I arrived, the whole interview process other than a couple of questions was me asking questions. They evaluated me based on how well I asked questions.