Eze Software Leadership Development Program Interview Questions

Updated 20 Apr 2015

Leadership Development Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Eze Software (New York, NY (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online -- the process took 2 weeks. The online application was a standard taleo-like process. I was then notified by email that I had been invited to a phone interview after 3 days of my submission. The interviewer focused on the tech industry and the role that I would play in contributing to Eze's growth in this sector. I wasn't really knowledgeable about the tech industry and so my answers were vague and suggested a lack of interest.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Eze Software

Leadership Development Program Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Eze Software in April 2015.

Interview

Applied through their careers page, got an email to set up interview the next day. Had a phone interview with a recruiter the week following. Very general questions about my resume (experiences, education, etc.). Asked if I preferred/was willing to relocate to other cities where this program will be held (Boston, NY, Chicago).

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Eze Software (Boston, MA (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

Referred through a friend who has been with the Company for 3 years. After applying, I was invited to speak with a recruiter the following week regarding the position. I had spoken with 2 other employees from Eze, prepared thoroughly on what the company does and what the program entailed.

After researching Eze and the program I spoke with a recruiter. The phone call was a little disjointed. She didn't offer any new information and didn't ask anything beyond why I wanted to work at Eze.

The following week, I was invited to come into the office for an in-person interview. I was preparing for a standard fit, case study, brainteaser type of interview. A day before the interview, while following up with my contact within the company I was made aware this was a final round interview.

Coming in I was told I would meet with multiple people throughout the day, and the whole deal should last no longer than 2 hours.

Going into the interview I was directed into a room and spoke with the Assistant Director of the GMTS team. She didn't know where I was from, didn't know that I hadn't been in the office before, and was taken aback when I had mentioned I really hadn't been given an in-depth picture of the Program. She broke it down, asked some basic fit questions, and allowed me to ask some questions.

I then met with the director of the GMTS team. He was a genuinely nice guy and we spoke about technology trends for a bit. However, he was interrupted mid-way through the interview under the assumption he would be interviewing someone else. He came back apologized for the miscommunication and continued the interview. He asked some fit questions, asked some basic questions about my familiarity with technology, asked a question about the direction the company should take to continue to grow. I was then notified he would be the last person I would be speaking to for the day. I asked a handful of "good" questions, and then I concluded the interview.

All in all it lasted close to 70 minutes.

I was contacted 4 business days later, through a generic rejection letter, that I would not be extended an offer. This obviously came as a bit of a shock, as the time and dedication I had put into talking with employees of the company, applying, and ultimately driving into Boston for an interview that lasted just over half of the allotted time seemed disproportional to the lack of common courtesy they extended in rejecting me.

I can not stress enough my disappointment in the recruiting process, from what I can tell the employees at Eze have a habit of being disinterested and casting a large net in terms of recruiting. I wish I would have known ahead of time that I would be spending twice as much time driving to the interview than actually speaking with someone. By eliminating the usual first round interview, and apparently not being aware of this fact, I feel like they crippled my ability to prove my genuine interest in working within finance and with Software. Outside of not conveying a marked interest in the subject I am at a loss for why they wouldn't extend an offer, as these were the only questions I was even allowed to answer.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you mastered a software?
      What is the coolest thing you can do on your smartphone?
      What skills did you learn at your previous place of employment that would aid you at Eze?
      What drew you to Eze?

Answer Question

Leadership Development Program Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Eze Software.

Interview

Dropped my resume off at a career fair, got an email within two days saying they would like to set up a 30 minute interview. Interview ended up being roughly 45 minutes long, it was simply an opportunity to talk about yourself and ask questions about the company, no logic questions and nothing tricky. A few hours afterwards I received an email saying they would like to arrange an in person interview, 1.5 hours long, at their Boston office.

Leadership Development Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Eze Software.

Interview

Applied through school's career services. In person interview at school. Dude was kind of a jerk. Very impersonal and hard to read. Asked behavioral questions and brain teasers. Definitely more strategical than anything else (i.e. how well you are at solving problems). I don't know if I'd even want to work for him.

Interview Questions

• Describe a problem you had and a creative solution that you came up with to solve it.   Answer Question

Leadership Development Program Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Eze Software.

Interview

Was contacted through a recruiter that found my profile on LinkedIn and thought I would be a good candidate to apply. Set-up a phone interview for the following week. Basic/standard phone interview that weeded out candidates that simply hadn't bothered to look what they apply for. Next I was onto "round 1" Skype interview from the managers from Chicago. First, I had to fill out a questionnaire with 13 question with many of the standard interview question (i.e. career goals, team/individual, extracurriculars, etc.). The first manager on Skype was very personable and friendly. I have no technical background but was assured multiple times that this was not an issue. The next manager was incredibly rude and never made eye contact with the entire interview. He seemed disinterested with anything I had to say. I was told that I would be contact within a few days, and I was told they were moving on with other candidates.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Eze Software (Boston, MA (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

The process was fairly simple. I was contacted by a recruiter who asked me a few questions about my experience in technology and economics. She was very nice and helpful and said that I had a good resume and qualities and that she would set me up with two of the managers for a technical interview. The interview was over Skype and they were very prompt and professional with starting the meeting. The first interviewer asked me to tell about myself and asked general questions about my job and school experience. The second asked some of the same questions but also asked me to try to explain what the program entailed in my own words. The interview ended well but abruptly.

Next the recruiter reached out to me in the following days and asked for me to come up for an in house interview. I met up with the recruiter and she showed me to a conference room on the floor that the development program was held. I then had three 30 minute interviews with support managers. Questions ranged from puzzles to describing how my previous experience would aid my success at the company. The third interviewer pressed a little more so don't get worn out and make sure to ask as many questions as possible (even if they are the same ones you asked another person). After the third interview I was told that they would confer and get back to me in a few days and the last interviewer ran out. A day later I got a generic email saying that my experience was impressive but that I was not selected for the position.

A generally positive experience, but I wish that they had been more transparent. Be sure to show your best side because they won't particularly look for it themselves.

Interview Questions

• Imagine an ant trying to get from one corner of a cube to the other. What is the fastest route?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Eze Software (Boston, MA (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied online through school career services website. I was then e-mailed for a initial phone interview which I was told would be about 20-30 mins. The phone interview lasted only about 11 mins and the HR rep on the phone sounded uninterested. After the phone call I was told that I was not selected to move on in the process.

Leadership Development Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Eze Software (New York, NY (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

I discovered Eze through my university's career fair. I received an on campus interview a few weeks later, which consisted of two 30 min interviews. These were very straightforward behavioral questions to gauge your experience/interest level with fin-tech and the industry. I was informed a week later that I received a second round interview in the New York Office. This interview was a lot more intense than the first one. It consisted of 2 two-on-one interviews each of which lasted over an hour. It started out with basic behavioral questions, then got into more situational questions, and then finally a few brain teasers. The brain teasers were very tricky I recommend looking through glassdoor and researching the different questions people were asked. Make sure to show that you have an interest in technology and financial markets, and be prepared for additional questions while you are answering the current question so that you don't get thrown off. Still waiting to hear back on the next steps.

Leadership Development Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Eze Software (Chicago, IL (US)) in December 2014.

Interview

applied through university career site. got a phone interview within a week. went in for in person interview. interview process run fairly smoothly. However, the LDP portion is not explained very well or understood well by all employees, more of a glorified tech support role.