FAA Interview Questions

Updated 29 Oct 2014
Updated 29 Oct 2014

2.6

Air Traffic Controller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Binghamton, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Binghamton, NY (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at FAA.

The interview process includes a psychiatric questionnaire, a drug test and a background check. All of this takes an inordinate amount of time. The interview itself is conducted by the local air traffic manager and isn't extremely important to the hiring process. It does help you get a feel for the job and the expectations if you are hired.

Interview Questions
    • The actual interview isn't difficult nor is it really as important as passing the AT-SAT exam and making the hiring list. It's more of a formality.   Answer Question
    There is no negotiations involved. If you're lucky enough to be offered a position, you will be told where you are going to work and expected to pay your own move to that location.

Aerospace Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at FAA.

This Interview Process was pretty standard. I applied online and heard back a few weeks after. We set up a phone interview which lasted about 45-60 minutes. The structure was basic; they asked typical behavioral questions. After this, the interviewer and I kept in touch as they were going through the decision making process.

Interview Questions
    • The questions weren't all that difficult. An example would be: Explain a time where you lead a team of more than 10 people.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at FAA.

ask questions about c sharp, n-tier. 2 people interview you. Then they call you 3-4 weeks later to let you know you got the job. They are not in any hurry. Trust me.

no negotionaations

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashua, NH (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashua, NH (US)

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at FAA in June 2014.

I applied through the UNH career board. Interviewed with two different engineers, they read their questions off prepared sheets and took notes. The questions were general engineer interview questions, how do you solve problems, tell me about project work, how do you work in a team. They said at the end of the interview they would contact me regardless of whether I would get an offer or not, but they unsurprisingly never followed through. It went very well but I never even got an email.

Aerospace Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at FAA.

Standard interview with an open format to describe technical details. They can only ask what is already listed on the job description.

Interview Questions
    • Open ended so they basically just listen, hard to determine where you should go with an answer.   Answer Question

Contract Specialist Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at FAA.

I was interviewing for a summer internship position (which eventually turned into a full-time permanent position). The interview was over the phone and I was asked very standard questions like "What's your background" and "What's your biggest weakness."

Interview Questions
    • Honestly, I can't say that any of the questions were difficult or unexpected. It was also an entry-level internship, so I didn't expect it to be too difficult.   Answer Question

Air Traffic Control Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tamiami, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tamiami, FL (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at FAA.

College in an approved aviation program. Interview, security and medical clearance. Training and simulation at FAA Academy in Oklahoma City, OK. OJT at assigned facility.

Interview Questions
    • You have to be able to watch a horrific crash and then continue working, because if you work in a tower long enough you will experience this. No one can take your place when this happens. If you can't do this you should consider another career.   View Answer
    Not negotiable.

Program Manager Interview

What is your Strength

Contracts Attorney Interview

The process took 8+ monthsinterviewed at FAA.

The hiring process took about eight months rom application submission to first day on the job.

Interview Questions
    • There were no unexpected questions. Most just had to do with getting to know me and why my background and education was applicable. The managers did ask whether I intended to always practice in government contracts law.   Answer Question

Airway Transportation Systems Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at FAA in May 2013.

I applied 2/23/2013 and was called for an interview in May 2014. I received an offer for the position on 6/18/2014. I applied on line via USAJobs website which is a joke. To date I have applied for 400+ positions and have had 2 interviews. Jobs that I'm overqualified for in the civilian sector, I am found to be 'not qualified' for in the Federal market.

Interview Questions
    • Standard behavioral questions . . . describe a time when you ........   Answer Question
    Pretty straight forward. You salary is $X. Will you accept?