FAA Interview Questions

Updated Jul 11, 2014
Updated Jul 11, 2014

2.7

Computer Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Oklahoma City, OK (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at FAA in May 2010.

Process is long, outdated and not precisely clear and is dynamic. Key is landing the interview and getting through the red tape and into an actual interview. Interview was a panel based interview with questions ranging from technical to objective in nature.

Fast.

Airway Transportation Systems Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at FAA in May 2013.

I applied 2/23/2013 and was called for an interview in May 2014. I received an offer for the position on 6/18/2014. I applied on line via USAJobs website which is a joke. To date I have applied for 400+ positions and have had 2 interviews. Jobs that I'm overqualified for in the civilian sector, I am found to be 'not qualified' for in the Federal market.

Interview Questions
    • Standard behavioral questions . . . describe a time when you ........   Answer Question
    Pretty straight forward. You salary is $X. Will you accept?

Aerospace Engineer Interview

I applied online - interviewed at FAA.

This Interview Process was pretty standard. I applied online and heard back a few weeks after. We set up a phone interview which lasted about 45-60 minutes. The structure was basic; they asked typical behavioral questions. After this, the interviewer and I kept in touch as they were going through the decision making process.

Interview Questions
    • The questions weren't all that difficult. An example would be: Explain a time where you lead a team of more than 10 people.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at FAA.

ask questions about c sharp, n-tier. 2 people interview you. Then they call you 3-4 weeks later to let you know you got the job. They are not in any hurry. Trust me.

no negotionaations

Management and Program Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Memphis, TN (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN (US)

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days - interviewed at FAA in July 2012.

Seamless, transition from contractor to government. No real misunderstanding a the FAA had already seen me work. No one had any misconceptions and they were helping me out immensely with making it a foot in the doorl

Front Line Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Aurora, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, IL (US)

I applied online. The process took 6 months - interviewed at FAA in March 2010.

All applicants had to be Certified Air Traffic Controllers to be eligible to bid for this job. The job announcement was posted online at USAJobs.gov. The application had to be submitted online, and involved uploading a resume and answering four essay questions (aka KSa's) - each with a 4000 character limit. The best qualified candidates were interviewed (your choice of in-person or via telephone) by a panel of four. The questions all pertained to managing people and government employment policies, not technical air traffic situations.

Interview Questions
    • What do you know about the annual strategic plan for the facility you are bidding?   View Answer
    There was no negotiating - the offer is 'take it or leave it', since salaries in this field are set by public law.

Aerospace Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at FAA.

Standard interview with an open format to describe technical details. They can only ask what is already listed on the job description.

Interview Questions
    • Open ended so they basically just listen, hard to determine where you should go with an answer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Washington, DC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at FAA in June 2013.

Never got an interview process. I had just a few short phone conversations before starting, on verification of personal information

Contract Specialist Intern Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at FAA.

I was interviewing for a summer internship position (which eventually turned into a full-time permanent position). The interview was over the phone and I was asked very standard questions like "What's your background" and "What's your biggest weakness."

Interview Questions
    • Honestly, I can't say that any of the questions were difficult or unexpected. It was also an entry-level internship, so I didn't expect it to be too difficult.   Answer Question

Aviation Safety Inspector Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at FAA in August 2009.

lengthy process, difficult to confirm status of application, interview is simply verification of qualifications

Interview Questions
    • waiting on a response from HR for hiring decision, then being prompted to start immediately.   View Answer
    Not applicable

Worked for FAA? Contribute to the Community!