FCB

Getting the Interview

60 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at FCB.

Interview Details Initially spoke to an HR representative at a college career fair. Was emailed by this person to schedule a phone interview, which went well. They asked the normal questions (your three best traits, favorite class, etc). Kept in semi-regular email contact as well, where I was assigned a (pretty difficult) assignment.

Interview Question – "What are your two most favorite and hated advertisements most recently seen?" Difficult because of all the options and the nuances of the answer.   Answer Question

Associate Medical Director Interview

Interviewed at FCB

Interview Details multiple interviews. writing test. refused reimbursement for travel from out of town for interviews.

Interview Question – Writing testing   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – low salary

Junior Front-End Web Developer Interview

Tallinn (Estonia)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at FCB.

Interview Details Probably the interview will be made with one employee from HR and one from development area. The questions are easy but you have to know everything they are asking, that would be acessibility, validation and so on.

Interview Question – What would you do to make a blind person have the same interaction of the normal user?   Answer Question

Proofreader Interview

Proofreader
New York, NY (US)

I applied through a staffing agency - interviewed at FCB in April 2009.

Interview Details I was initially hired on through a temporary services agency (have always been freelance).

Negotiation Details – N/A

Senior Business Strategist Interview

New York, NY (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at FCB in October 2010.

Interview Details Meet with HR first, and then with future supervisor and three other members of the team.

Account Executive Interview

Account Executive
New York, NY (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at FCB in January 2009.

Interview Details Friend of a friend notified me of the position. I interviewed with 4 people.

Interview Question – What's the most difficult client conversation you have ever had? How did you manage it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was called immediately after the final interview to say I had an offer. I went in asking for a certain number and it was met. Excitement all around.

Account Management Intern Interview

Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at FCB in March 2011.

Interview Details Submitted resume directly to HR contact on LinkedIn. Was reached out to a few weeks later. Had a 30 minute interview via Skype and was told decision a few weeks later.

Interview Question – Tell me when you knew you wanted to go into advertising.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiating. Just a flat rate for all interns.

Assistant Media Planner Interview

Assistant Media Planner
Madison, WI (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at FCB in February 2012.

Interview Details The interview was conducted via skype, which was very uncomfortable. The lighting in the person's office who conducted the interview was awkward, making it hard to see their face and interact with them. For this reason, a phone interview would have been better because I wouldn't have been intuitively relying on non-verbal ques as expected with skype. The interviewer also wasn't particularly friendly or interested in interviewing me.

Interview Question – Describe an advertiser that you think has effective media implementation   Answer Question

SEO Manager Interview

SEO Manager
Chicago, IL (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 3 months - interviewed at FCB.

Interview Details Hiring process for this position was actually a promotion. I reached out in an effort to build an SEO offering for Draftfcb in Chicago.

I was met with general enthusiasm, but was essentially put to a trial by fire. My first task, pre-promotion was to run a SERM campaign for the company. When success metrics were being met, and all top brass were satisfied, they gave me the job.

Interview Question – In this case, there weren't any tough or unexpected questions. Though, the toughest bit about this process was keeping very high-level executives informed and educated on what the processes, timeframes, and expected outcomes were to be.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Simple- I accepted the promotion in a meeting setup with my original and new supervisor. The raise was fairly substantial.

Account Supervisor Interview

Account Supervisor

Interviewed at FCB

Interview Details Lots of attitude here. More flash than substance.

Interview Question – None were particularly difficult, just odd.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Terrible culture