FTI Consulting

108 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Consultant Interview

New York, NY (US)

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at FTI Consulting.

Interview Details Fisrt phone interview, then four 1:1 interview

Interview Question – normal questions   Answer Question

Summer Intern - Valuation & Financial Advisory Services Interview

Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at FTI Consulting.

Interview Details Applied to internship posting on university career website. Contacted 2 weeks later to come in for 1st round interview on campus. Interviewed 1-on-1 with Director, asked all the typical behavioral questions just to get to know me and my past experience better. Very nice and casual/laid-back, wasn't stressful at all. Scheduled for a 30 minute interview but ended up talking for over 45 minutes, seemed like he was really there to get to know the candidates rather than being there out of duty.

Interview Question – Walk me through a DCF analysis.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – N/A

Corporate Finance Intern Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at FTI Consulting.

Interview Details First had an on campus 30 min with a managing director. It was mostly easy behavioral questions but he did ask me a string of basic technical questions (how would I determine the financial health of a company given their financial statements, what happens to cash if accounts payable goes up, etc.). This was strange because I talked to two boys with my same background about their interviews and they had all behavioral, so I assumed I was asked technicals because I am a girl...

Second round was a super day in nyc. Got flown out, put up in a hotel, steak dinner, and 3 interviews the next day (2 behavioral, 1 technical). Everyone was pretty nice and the interviews weren't so hard.

Interview Question – There was written case on the super day. Had to write a recommendation given some financial metrics about a company and a newspaper article.   Answer Question

Health Solutions Intern Interview

Interviewed at FTI Consulting

Interview Details I had two 30 minute interviews for the intern position. The timeline for their hiring process is very long. They took well over two weeks following the interview to get back to applicants. They asked a lot about data analysis experience.

Interview Question – Describe a time where you had to explain a difficult concept or theory to someone who had no background knowledge about the subject.   Answer Question

Consultant II Interview

Interview Details I applied for the position through on campus hiring by filling out an application on the university's website and the company's website. They conducted on campus interviews, which lasted about thirty minutes. Very simple interview, though the interviewer (a senior level consultant) was more concerned about what I knew about FTI than actually asking about me. I sent him a follow up email the day after thanking him for the opportunity to interview, but didn't receive any communication from the company until a month later, rejecting me.

Interview Question – What do you think you would do at FTI Consulting?   Answer Question

Finance and Economic Analyst Interview

London, England (UK)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at FTI Consulting in November 2013.

Interview Details Process took 2 weeks. Applied through campus recruitment and was invited to an online assessment test. The test was numerical, not too difficult, but would require you to pace through. One week later, got an email invitation to assessment centre in London.

The day started from 9.30 am. Introduction session followed by two tests. One numerical with no calculator and a verbal (GMAT style), both 30 questions in 30 minutes if I recall correctly. Very time-restricted.

After that, we had lunch with first year associates. Afternoon included a group case then a written exam. Had to summarize an economic article (more like a story).

Interview Question – Case: You are a firm (bank/lottery operator) bidding for a lottery contract from a developing country government   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant
Houston, TX (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at FTI Consulting in October 2010.

Interview Details Emails, in-person interview, dinner

Negotiation Details – Two back-and-forth calls about salary.

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at FTI Consulting.

Interview Details Applied through school career website, get interview notice and then scheduled on campus interview.

Interview Question – How do you evaluate a company   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Internal Sorcing Interview

Newark, NJ (US)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at FTI Consulting in November 2012.

Interview Details Lacked structure.

Interview Question – They would not tell me the salary of the position that was offered to me until I accepted, very strange.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very bland, they had no benefits.

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Seattle, WA (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at FTI Consulting.

Interview Details Duration :1- week
Phone Screen; 1-1 with a group. 4 Rounds in total.

Interview Question – No difficult question asked, to the point and precise,. Questions based on one's experience only.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at FTI Consulting

Worked for FTI Consulting? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at FTI Consulting interview questions and advice. All 108 interview reviews are posted anonymously by FTI Consulting employees and interview candidates.