FTI Consulting

Relevance Date Difficulty

Health Solutions Intern Interview

Health Solutions Intern

Interviewed at FTI Consulting

Interview Details I had two 30 minute interviews for the intern position. The timeline for their hiring process is very long. They took well over two weeks following the interview to get back to applicants. They asked a lot about data analysis experience.

Interview Question – Describe a time where you had to explain a difficult concept or theory to someone who had no background knowledge about the subject.   Answer Question

Consultant II Interview

Consultant II

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at FTI Consulting.

Interview Details I applied for the position through on campus hiring by filling out an application on the university's website and the company's website. They conducted on campus interviews, which lasted about thirty minutes. Very simple interview, though the interviewer (a senior level consultant) was more concerned about what I knew about FTI than actually asking about me. I sent him a follow up email the day after thanking him for the opportunity to interview, but didn't receive any communication from the company until a month later, rejecting me.

Interview Question – What do you think you would do at FTI Consulting?   Answer Question

Finance and Economic Analyst Interview

Finance and Economic Analyst
London, England (UK)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at FTI Consulting in November 2013.

Interview Details Process took 2 weeks. Applied through campus recruitment and was invited to an online assessment test. The test was numerical, not too difficult, but would require you to pace through. One week later, got an email invitation to assessment centre in London.

The day started from 9.30 am. Introduction session followed by two tests. One numerical with no calculator and a verbal (GMAT style), both 30 questions in 30 minutes if I recall correctly. Very time-restricted.

After that, we had lunch with first year associates. Afternoon included a group case then a written exam. Had to summarize an economic article (more like a story).

Interview Question – Case: You are a firm (bank/lottery operator) bidding for a lottery contract from a developing country government   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant
Houston, TX (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at FTI Consulting in October 2010.

Interview Details Emails, in-person interview, dinner

Negotiation Details – Two back-and-forth calls about salary.

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at FTI Consulting.

Interview Details Applied through school career website, get interview notice and then scheduled on campus interview.

Interview Question – How do you evaluate a company   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Internal Sorcing Interview

Internal Sorcing
Newark, NJ (US)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at FTI Consulting in November 2012.

Interview Details Lacked structure.

Interview Question – They would not tell me the salary of the position that was offered to me until I accepted, very strange.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very bland, they had no benefits.

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Seattle, WA (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at FTI Consulting.

Interview Details Duration :1- week
Phone Screen; 1-1 with a group. 4 Rounds in total.

Interview Question – No difficult question asked, to the point and precise,. Questions based on one's experience only.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Summer Analyst

Interviewed at FTI Consulting

Interview Details Applied through college website. Took about a month until I got a response. Interviewed with 2 Analysts. They were very nice and wanted to know more about me and my experience. They also had a Greeter in the waiting room which I had never seen done before. It seems that they really care about their employees and fit.

Interview Question – Tell me about _____ project and what you learned from it?   Answer Question

Healthcare Consultant Interview

Healthcare Consultant

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at FTI Consulting in January 2014.

Interview Details I applied through campus recruiting, and they asked for an interview. At the interview, the interviewer was extremely stiff and awkward. He asked me a bunch of typical questions -- walk me through your resume, what are you involved in, why did you choose your major, what are the biggest issues in healthcare, etc. The interviewer also seemed flustered when I asked a question he didn't seem to know the answer to. Overall, very odd experience.

Interview Question – What are the biggest problems in healthcare?   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant
Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied through another source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at FTI Consulting.

Interview Details Interview process was very unstructured when i was first hired by FTI and i believe the process has become much more formal. Unable to give much detail related to the overall process.

Interview Question – Again, this was 7-8 years ago and I really do not recall any interview questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Attempted to negotiate, but company was unwilling to compromise.