FTI Consulting Interview Questions

Updated 29 Oct 2014
Updated 29 Oct 2014

Summer Analyst Interview

Applied through college website. Took about a month until I got a response. Interviewed with 2 Analysts. They were very nice and wanted to know more about me and my experience. They also had a Greeter in the waiting room which I had never seen done before. It seems that they really care about their employees and fit.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about _____ project and what you learned from it?   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at FTI Consulting.

Interview process was very unstructured when i was first hired by FTI and i believe the process has become much more formal. Unable to give much detail related to the overall process.

Interview Questions
    • Again, this was 7-8 years ago and I really do not recall any interview questions.   Answer Question
    Attempted to negotiate, but company was unwilling to compromise.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at FTI Consulting in February 2014.

I applied through the online portal, I then got called by an HR to schedule an onsite interview,
    The first round was conducted by two managing directors, it was pretty easy going through CV,
    career aspirations, knowledge of e-discovery
    The second round was pretty much an extended version of the first one, nothing
    to worry about.

Litigation Consulting Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

I applied online – interviewed at FTI Consulting.

One on-campus interview that was 30 minutes, super easy random behavioral questions. Asked things like "talk about a time you worked with someone difficult". Then did a three hour interview at their office- meeting three main people and then went to lunch with one of them and a recent hire. The interview was completely behavioral and asked about what technical capabilities I have. The lunch was really awkward and they didn't ask me any interview type questions, were just very social.

Interview Questions
    • Asked very specific questions about how much research you've done in the field of consulting and why this position is the one you want out of all the firms   Answer Question

Economic and Financial Consulting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online – interviewed at FTI Consulting.

applied online, first round numerical and verbal test, then group work. second round two interviews, a written case then interview about that.

Foreign Legal Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)

I applied online. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at FTI Consulting in January 2014.

Brief phone interview then brought in for an interview with 5 people. Originally set with 5 kind of higher up people, but 3 cancelled last minute and sent in random underlings to interview me. They did answer questions I had, but seemed more interested in talking about themselves than finding out if I would be a good fit. I feel like I didn't get the chance to tell them why I would be a good fit because I did not interrupt them.

Interview Questions
    • Had to take a half an hour quiz on a computer. It was like reliving the LSATs.   Answer Question

Economic Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at FTI Consulting in January 2014.

emailed CV to HR. 3 stage interview process. 1st with one member of the team. 2nd with two members of the team. 3rd with two members of the team. 2nd interview also included a psychometric interview.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beijing, Beijing (China)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beijing, Beijing (China)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at FTI Consulting in January 2014.

Initial interview with MD of GRIP after being put in touch with a recruiter. In-person interview was fairly informal, straight-forward and altogether fairly easy. Seemed like more of an assessment of my interest and dedication to the industry as opposed to competency (my CV more or less speaks for itself in terms of experience).

Second interview was scheduled shortly thereafter with 3 additional MDs. This interview as well was fairly simple, with the only added layer of difficulty being that it was a 3on1 interview. There was also a Chinese language component (due to this position being in greater China).

Topics covered include anti-corruption compliance, enhanced due diligence, fraud investigations, etc.

Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at FTI Consulting in January 2014.

On campus interview, very friendly, mostly behavioral for the first round, few basic finance questions (3 financial statements). Final rounds were mostly behavioral and one case interview. The case interview dealt with a finance related problem in my interview but that wont always be the case. Make sure you know why you want to go into financial consulting.

Interview Questions
    • You should know basic finance (Valuation, Financial Statements)   Answer Question

Healthcare Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at FTI Consulting in January 2014.

I applied through campus recruiting, and they asked for an interview. At the interview, the interviewer was extremely stiff and awkward. He asked me a bunch of typical questions -- walk me through your resume, what are you involved in, why did you choose your major, what are the biggest issues in healthcare, etc. The interviewer also seemed flustered when I asked a question he didn't seem to know the answer to. Overall, very odd experience.