FTI Consulting

Getting the Interview

3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Research Analyst Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at FTI Consulting in October 2011.

Interview Details First round was with a group of 7 people. We were first given a brief introduction to the firm then a set of test s on numerical reasoning, verbal reasoning and writing skills. After that, we were split into groups to work on a case study and a presentation. They got back to me within a day with an invite for the second round. Second round consisted of a case study in excel and two 1-on-1 interviews. The interviews were both technical-based and competency-based.

Interview Question – How would an increase in the minimum wage affect the economy?   Answer Question

London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at FTI Consulting in September 2011.

Interview Details First round interview was with a group of 7 other interviewees. First we had a group discussion/case study. I think at this stage they are looking to see if you can work in a group. Then was a numerical/logical reasoning test and then a verbal reasoning test. These are pretty tough and time pressured but if you enjoy problem solving then you should be fine. The second round interview consisted of a written case study. Mine had to do with valuation. It is quite quantitative. Then I had a 1:1 interview with a senior consultant. It was pretty competency based. The final interview was with another senior consultant. This last interview was pretty tough and contained two mini case studies. Interviews probably depend on what expertise your interviewer might have. There were also a lot of questions about past education/work experiences. Know your cv well and know exactly what the company does and what your position will be. Understand the notion of PDV. Since their acquisition of LECG they still have to sort out their interview process as they've incorporated aspects of each firms' interview process.

Interview Question – How would you decide the level of a congestion charge?   Answer Question

London, England (UK)

The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at FTI Consulting in April 2011.

Interview Details Interviews were more relaxed than I had anticipated and I was not expected to have a great deal of knowledge about the industry. The focus was more on being able to work through problems and communicate solutions.

Aside from the interview, there was a writing exercise, a maths test, and a case study exercise which were all challenging but approachable. Don't worry too much about learning the technicalities of the industry, just make sure you turn up switched on and prepared to think.

Interview Question – Talk me through something you're studying at university.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at FTI Consulting

Worked for FTI Consulting? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at FTI Consulting Research Analyst interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by FTI Consulting employees and interview candidates.