FXCM

52 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Tech Support Interview

New York, NY (US)

I applied in-person - interviewed at FXCM in February 2010.

Interview Details simple and straightforward

Interview Question – met with several people and the process took several days   Answer Question

Technology Intern Interview

New York, NY (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at FXCM in March 2014.

Interview Details Applied through university. This was for the Pro group, so it is NOT part of the retail division. Exchanged a few responses with HR, who was really awesome. I then did an on site interview at their NY location, and did two back to back interviews. One was with the Head of Production and the other with an Engineer in the Production group. Questions were mostly about my software development experience and a few questions about TCP/ IP.

Negotiation Details – The salary isn't great, and they don't pay for your commute. However, it is a GREAT experience, and I've learned a lot about FX and programming since I've been here. Everybody in the Pro group is extremely qualified at what they do, and have had significant experience in FX.

FX Sales Broker Interview

FX Sales Broker
New York, NY (US)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at FXCM in February 2014.

Interview Details HR Contacted me one day after applying online.

Interview Question – 1-) Explain FXCM. So make sure you know exactly what they do.
2-) Asked me to show some knowledge of trading
3-) Where do you get your market news from
  Answer Question

Multimedia Specialist Interview

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at FXCM in November 2013.

Interview Details Was contacted very soon after submitting my application online by an internal recruiter. Had a 20 minute phone interview with said recruiter. Phone interview contained soft questions about my past experience. This was followed up by a one hour interview with the hiring manager where experience and ability was further discussed along with what the job would entail. Nothing too difficult to answer. I was asked to create a 30 video spot based on a voice over that was prerecorded. I was given 3 days to complete this assignment. The creation of the spot took about 6 hours to complete. In my opinion, its a little out of the ordinary to create such a piece for a prospective company. My merits have usually been judged on my past work presented in my portfolio. A week or two went by and I finally got an answer. I was told that I submitted a great piece one they felt "lead the pack", but the company recently instated a hiring freeze and could not hire at the time. I was told they would revisit the hiring for the position at the beginning of the year. Haven't heard from them, but I could care less. I felt like the people I dealt with were overall good people.

Interview Question – Would you create a video based on a voiceover we provide?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at FXCM in December 2013.

Interview Details I had a horrible experience. They were very unprofessional in coordinating interviews -- seems like they don't respect prospective interns anyway.

HR coordinator, after a phone screening, invited me to the office. She wasn't sure who i will be talking to at all?! 15 mins later a guy came to interview me. He wasn't even in the department I'm supposed to be working in. He folded my resume 3 times. didn't even read it, and tried to read it while he was talking to me. He didn't know how to interview and I was the one asking all the questions and driving the conversation.

He also asked me some very technical knowledge about forex trading which I didn't need to know, since it wasn't in the job description.

He said the guy who I'll be interning for will talk to me next, but he's busy at the moment. They left me waiting for another 15 mins. The first guy came back and said he's not available and walked me out of the office. They'd be interviewing a few more candidates and will let me know if I'm worth a second round. This definitely put me in a disadvantage since I am not talking to the main guy here.

During the conversation he also said negative things about this company. All red flags about morale and disorganization. I came back home, wrote them a thank-you note and said "thank you but I believe i'm not the right fit for your company."

Never in my interviewing career have I felt so unworthy and disrespected. If they don't respect my time, they won't respect me when I work there. Thanks God for letting me know this is the wrong place before it's too late.

Interview Question – Some technical stuff   Answer Question

FX Sales Associate Interview

FX Sales Associate

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at FXCM in January 2009.

Interview Details Before going to the interview, go to the website and learn about the company, additionally mention that you are trading on a DEMO account. Talk about the markets it will help you.

Financial Service Representative Interview

Financial Service Representative
New York, NY (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at FXCM in October 2013.

Interview Details Interviewed with human resources and another phone interview with a project lead. I was invited for an in person interview and met with two managers, one via webcam. Interview questions were rather standard. They are looking for people who are especially interested in financial markets, and previous knowledge of or experience in FX is not necessary.

Interview Question – Several questions about you would explain financial concepts or events to clients.   Answer Question

Financial Service Representative Interview

Financial Service Representative
Dallas, TX (US)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at FXCM in June 2013.

Interview Details This place is a nightmare... First an initial screening interview with an HR rep who I could tell didn't have a clue what was going on. She may have been new at the time, or at least I hope she was, because I could tell from our conversation that I knew more about the company than she did. I asked diligent questions which she didn't have the answers to.

After the initial screening I was scheduled for a phone interview with the team lead for the department. He asked typical interview questions and was very nice. It went well and a few days later I got a call from HR letting my know that they wanted to schedule an interview via web conference, this time with the team lead and VP of sales. This is the final round of interviewing. Again, it was a pleasant interview with the team lead, but the VP was incredibly rude and intimidating. He hardly ever even looked at me (the camera) when he asked me questions or when I was answering them. He seemed like he would have rather been anywhere else in the world than sitting in that room interviewing me. From the first moment of the interview he gave me the impression that I was a complete waste of his time. He couldn't have been more un-enthused. This made me very uncomfortable, and thank goodness it was a webcam interview and he couldn't see that he had me sweating bullets! When he turned the questioning over to me, I asked what the worst part of his job is and his response told me that he doesn't like seeing everybody "burned out" all the time. Clearly, employee morale is very low.

About 2.5 weeks later, I got a call and email from the HR rep telling me that they went with another candidate. This was after I followed up with a call and email to HR about a week after the final interview. It was a total waste of about 5 weeks of my time. I would have never bothered interviewing here if jobs weren't so hard to come by these days. It was a blessing I didn't get this job.

It was pretty clear to me throughout the process that the incompetence at this company is widespread. If I wanted to waste even more of my time on this company, I would continue to write a long, detailed review like others have. But instead, I'll just say the following: All the horrible reviews on this site are accurate. Avoid this place like it's the plague.

Interview Question – After telling the VP that I trade options, he asked me to explain how they can mitigate risk, and to do so in lay terms. He basically told me I failed because I started talking about the Greeks which the layman doesn't understand.   Answer Question

Broker Intern Interview

Plano, TX (US)

I applied through college or university and interviewed at FXCM.

Interview Details I was contacted by HR in the New York location to set up an interview. They were prompt to setting up a phone interview and then the subsequent in person interview. The in person interview consisted of a conversation with a team lead in both departments you would be rotating in. They are looking for a genuine person who has knowledge of the company and the market in general.

Interview Question – The effects to the dollar if there were financial turmoil in another country.   Answer Question

Operations Associate Interview Interview

Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

I interviewed at FXCM in July 2013.

Interview Details Applied online. Got a call from HR within a week. Talk about yourself and details about resume on the phone for 30 minutes.

Interview Question – Nothing in particular, relatively simple and straight forward   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at FXCM

Worked for FXCM? Contribute to the Community!

FXCM – Why Work for Us?

FXCM Inc. (NYSE: FXCM) is a global online provider of foreign exchange (forex) trading and related services to retail and institutional customers world-wide. At the heart of FXCM's client offering is No Dealing Desk… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at FXCM interview questions and advice. All 52 interview reviews are posted anonymously by FXCM employees and interview candidates.