Facebook Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 26, 2014
1,095 interviews

3.3

Anonymous Employee in Hyderābād

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Facebook in December 2013.

The interview was very tough ! I was asked so many questions of which most of them were tough and I couldn't answer any of them ! because I didn't have such skills.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Delhi
    Anonymous Employee in Delhi

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Facebook in August 2014.

Online programming test consisting of two questions on hackerrank.com.Time limit was 60 minutes.
    One questions was based on depth first search and the other on simple string parsing.Knowledge of basic algorithms was required.

Software Development Engineer Intern Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Facebook in March 2014.

I applied online through the jobs portal. The recruiter contacted me in March and she set up a telephonic interview of 45 minutes 2 days later.
    There was some problem with sound during the interview. The interviewer wasn't audible clearly. So I had to ask him to repeat every 1-2 minutes. But the interview was very cool and he didn't mind that. First he asked me about my projects and then he asked me some basic algorithmic questions. I wrote the code for the first question. I misunderstood the second question and only solved it partially.

Interview Questions
    • You have a log file. Find the k most frequent entries in the log file.   View Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderābād

I interviewed through other source. The process took 3+ months - interviewed at Facebook in February 2014.

Telephonic interview and then hiring event on Hyd.

Interview Questions
    • It was one of the easiest interview that i had and completely unexpected from company like facebook. Limited set of questions and one question per round. Total 2 coding questions and one design question and lastly cultural fit round. Its completely unfair to have less number of questions and that too relatively easy ones. It doesnt give much scope of creativity and thinking and a small mistake can prove to be too costly. As compared to this, Google,Amazon,Microsoft each have 4-5 rounds with 2-3 questions in each round thus giving enough scope to express yourself.

Questions asked in event: Implement hashmap, count distinct numbers in a large file, design pub-sub, design twitter feed system
        Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Bangalore
    Anonymous Employee in Bangalore

mail communication at an event for women hiring. The Indian woman interviewer told my company that I have appeared for their interview since she saw many good product related contributions. She rejected me for my past companies and lack of American accent. My manager and the hiring manager then wanted to throw me out of the company and convinced the interviewer to tell the HR that I have revealed confidential information to fb during interview. HR asked me to leave the company saying it was an elimination of role and gave me 3 months basic pay, and was telling me about some confidentiality policy.

Associate User Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderābād

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Facebook in December 2013.

Very nice interviewing process - 6 rounds including one telephonic. Last round by respective India head

Low salary

Content Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hyderābād
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Facebook.

i was contatced by a consultancy acting for Facebook, had 2 screening rounds with them wherein they checked my language skills, after which i was informed that i have passed and will have a telephonic round of interview from fb. after that round i had a face to face round.

Interview Questions
    • what do you expect to learn from facebook? (this was unexpected, not difficult)   View Answers (3)

Anonymous Employee in Hyderābād

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Facebook in August 2013.

1st round was the apti round it was the part of facebook campus drive to our campus . I was shorlisted for interview. Then I went to hyderabad for interview and interviewer asked me two coding questions and that's it.

Interview Questions
    • The only difficulty u will facebook to get in facebook is 1st round itself because u r supposed to code 3 question in 90 minutes.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Intern Interview

The process started out with a pre-screening test which was coding based. There was one question to be done in 60 minutes. The question was fairly simple for me and I completed it quickly. Then, I was called for the onsite interviews a week later. The interview was supposed to last for 45 minutes. Now, in my interview, I was first asked about the best experience I have had in my last two years. Then, the interviewer quickly moved on to the coding questions. There were two questions for which I had to explain my solution and then code it on the whit board. I was able to both the questions, but I guess the interviewer might not have liked the way I had explained my approach as I was not called for the next interview. The interviewer was not very vocal and did not really participate in the discussion where you explain the approach. That is why it becomes difficult to detect if the interviewer is understanding your words or not. Anyways, it was a some experience.

Interview Questions
    • Given a binary tree, which is not necessarily balanced, print the nodes in the tree in a level-wise manner. Also, nodes on the same level should be printed on a single line.

A modification of the question was added later in which I cannot really add a "level" variable in the structure of the node in the tree.
        View Answers (4)

Software Engineer Interview

good people. Know their stuff. You need to read the job description really well and be sure that you speak to the requirements because *they* may not ask for them precisely in the interview: none the less are expecting you to cover these. They are perhaps more concerned with standard methods than they initially project. Carefree attitude in some employees in interview process, others are VERY interested to hear about process.

Worked for Facebook? Contribute to the Community!