Facebook

Updated 27 Jan 2015
1,289 Interview Reviews

3.2

Defence Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Facebook in January 2015.

Share as much as tellent in fields of interview process by time,style, dreesup,self confidence, quite and fast response .smart ,sincere, listing skill and spoken power much better strong from other.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Facebook.

One online coding round, followed by two interviews. They asked basic questions, mostly from leetcode. The interviewers seemed interested and HR was responsive. I did all the questions, still did not receive an offer. No idea why. They do not give feedback.

Interview Questions
    • Convert a binary tree to a doubly circular linked list.   View Answer

Manager, Safety Operations Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Facebook in November 2014.

I applied through my college placement cell and got a interview call for a fairly senior role.

They scheduled one round of telephonic interview which seemed to be just a formality. The interviewer started off by introducing herself but she was speaking very fast from memorized lines trying to get over with the interview as soon as possible. It was comical to say the least.

She then would ask a question and I would then speak for 2-3 minutes answering the question but when I would finish there would be silence. I asked her if she was able to hear properly and she replied she could but she had put me on mute as she was speaking to someone else!

This happened at least 2-3 times during the interview. She then ended the interview with some memorized lines speaking as fast as possible.

The HR never got back to me for any feedback despite a reminder.

Team Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Facebook.

Took 2 weeks from first contact to final onsite interviews. But they delayed sharing the results by almost 1 month. Had 2 telephonic interviews by 1 associate and 1 team lead. Facebook has a fairly flat org structure and hence these two people had the authority for pre-onsite screening for this position. Onsite interview included 4 back to back rounds with 4 stakeholders - Business Manager, Principal, Team Lead and an Associate

Interview Questions
    • There were a lot of behavioural, people and project management questions from Business Manager, Principal and Team Lead. The associate round was the most difficult with analytics, puzzles and SQL related questions   Answer Question

Consultants Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Facebook in September 2014.

there was not much things to answer they just asked that why i would like to join the company

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Delhi
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Delhi

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Facebook in August 2014.

Online programming test consisting of two questions on hackerrank.com.Time limit was 60 minutes.
    One questions was based on depth first search and the other on simple string parsing.Knowledge of basic algorithms was required.

Software Development Engineer Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Facebook in March 2014.

I applied online through the jobs portal. The recruiter contacted me in March and she set up a telephonic interview of 45 minutes 2 days later.
    There was some problem with sound during the interview. The interviewer wasn't audible clearly. So I had to ask him to repeat every 1-2 minutes. But the interview was very cool and he didn't mind that. First he asked me about my projects and then he asked me some basic algorithmic questions. I wrote the code for the first question. I misunderstood the second question and only solved it partially.

Interview Questions
    • You have a log file. Find the k most frequent entries in the log file.   View Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Facebook in February 2014.

Telephonic interview and then hiring event on Hyd.

Interview Questions
    • It was one of the easiest interview that i had and completely unexpected from company like facebook. Limited set of questions and one question per round. Total 2 coding questions and one design question and lastly cultural fit round. Its completely unfair to have less number of questions and that too relatively easy ones. It doesnt give much scope of creativity and thinking and a small mistake can prove to be too costly. As compared to this, Google,Amazon,Microsoft each have 4-5 rounds with 2-3 questions in each round thus giving enough scope to express yourself.

Questions asked in event: Implement hashmap, count distinct numbers in a large file, design pub-sub, design twitter feed system

Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

mail communication at an event for women hiring. The Indian woman interviewer told my company that I have appeared for their interview since she saw many good product related contributions. She rejected me for my past companies and lack of American accent. My manager and the hiring manager then wanted to throw me out of the company and convinced the interviewer to tell the HR that I have revealed confidential information to fb during interview. HR asked me to leave the company saying it was an elimination of role and gave me 3 months basic pay, and was telling me about some confidentiality policy.

Product Designer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Facebook in January 2014.

I was contacted by a recruiter, and there were three phone interviews in total. It was overall a really positive experience - the recruiter was really friendly and helpful, and the phone interviews each lasted about 45 mins, with 15 mins for me to ask any questions I had.
    I got an email from the recruiter asking if I would be interested in product design opportunities, and then there was a screening call in which she gathered some basic information about me, asked a few questions about my work experience and skill set, explained the interview process and answered any queries I had. Then a few days later I received an email scheduling the next phone interview.
    The interviewer was a designer at Facebook - pretty friendly, and explained what he was currently working on, and then asked me what phone I was using. Then I was asked to put on headphones and keep the phone in front of me and answer very specific questions for about half an hour, about iOS settings, and methods of measuring user engagement, etc. There was also a hypothetical design problem given to me, and I had to then defend my design decisions and justify why I chose each interaction that I did.
    The next interview was scheduled a couple of weeks later, and that was supposed to be a critique of my work - but it was pretty conversational, and basically an opportunity for me to explain recent projects that I had enjoyed most. And on a specific project, I was asked to explain at length my design process and UX decisions, and whether there was anything I would have done differently. This was also followed by a friendly discussion of the work culture, and I was asked if I had any questions. Didn't make it to the on-site interview (which would have been a presentation of work, followed by interviews with a panel of five people), but it was overall an enjoyable experience, having to think on your feet etc.

Interview Questions
    • Most interesting question: how would you design a mechanism to reply to text messages from within the iOS lockscreen notification itself?   Answer Question