FactSet Interview Questions

Updated 20 Apr 2015

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderābād

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at FactSet (Hyderābād) in March 2015.

Interview

written test on finance and aptitude and the qualified candidates will be called for the technical interview which is a bit tough, then the next round is hr+technical round, they looked at the confidence levels of the candidates and the communication skills

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at FactSet.

Interview

Written Test and then Technical as well as HR interview. The test was basically focused on 4 areas: Aptitude, English Comprehension, Grammar and Finance. Primary focus was on your Finance knowledge. People with sound Financial knowledge can easily get through it.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at FactSet.

Interview

We had 3 rounds .
    The first round was an easy one , i was shot with many puzzles and basic computer questions and some basic algorithms .
    Second round was a core technical one which consisted of core Dsa concepts and was then asked about NLP .
    Third round was an intense HR round , was shot on with question one after another non stop .

Interview Questions

• How the mobile contact search is done and what data structure is used ?   1 Answer

Team Leader Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at FactSet.

Interview

Paper based Test - includes Comprehension (English Proficiency), Logical Reasoning, Aptitude, Data Interpretation and Finance related.
    Presentation on Leadership (examples on personal life situations)
    Interview (HR+Technical) - questions on financial markets, derivatives, resume based questions, internship based questions, situational questions based on work profile.

Interview Questions

• Looking at your profile you are not match for this work profile, justify yourself why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād

Application

interviewed at FactSet (Hyderābād) in October 2014.

Interview

The written test consists of Easy english questions followed by arithmetic questions based on %, P&L, ratio etc. Next accounting questions on funds bonds and stocks.
    The technical rounds are tough but keep yourself updated with what happens in the stock market and the other important areas related to it. I have listed a few questions asked below.

Interview Questions

• Mutual funds and types
      Ratios and types
      Derivatives and types
      Stock Market full forms
      Financial statements
      Bonds
      Financial Markets

Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at FactSet (Hyderābād) in October 2014.

Interview

Written Multiple Choice Questions pencil-paper test having Logical Reasoning, english comprehension, Data Interpretation, Doamin knowledge(finance) followed by ppt evaluation on task/ situation/ event in your life showing your leadership skills and panel interview in hyderabad office

Interview Questions

• Why MBA after Engg? How will you handle telugu speaking members in team? Why should we take you?   Answer Question

Senior Technical Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderābād

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at FactSet (Hyderābād) in October 2014.

Interview

This position was for their "FactSet Fundamentals Technical Operations” department. I received a walk-in interview mail from Naukri.com. I had an experience of 2.3 years when I received this.
    Interview process:
    Around 50 people attended the walk-in for this position on that day. While most of them were from a B.Sc degree background, few of them were a engineering graduate. The first round was a technical written test. The question paper had 10 questions, 7 of them are choose the correct answers and 3 were to write programs.

The questions were quite simple and basic but to answer them you need to remember basic syntax of available functions in the language and the tool - QTP.

I was confident that I would clear the written test, but after 2 days I received a mail saying that I was not selected.

Interview Questions

• You have to remember the various ways of declaring VBScript arrays, compile time and run time errors that may be generated in cases when you dont declare or initialize them properly, etc...   Answer Question

Team Leader Interview

Application

Interview

Pleasant. On campus Interview. On campus interview consisted of a basic aptitude screening test. The people short listed have been called for a final wound interview which contained a presentation and a HR together at their office venue. In the final round, we were asked to present on any incident where we displayed our leadership skills. They would be drilling you between Managing and Leadership. I gave a simple presentation on some past incident which "I" felt have displayed some amount of leadership skills. But according to them it was pure Management and absence of Leadership qualities. Later on, they questioned what kind of role you were actually in search off. Based on the answer provided, they would question you again only for the sake of taking an interview.

Interview Questions

• They were basically in search of leadership qualities. Everything was entirely dependent on your presentation skills   Answer Question

Equity Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at FactSet (Hyderābād).

Interview

Hiring Process includes Written Test and Face to Face Interview. First Round includes Technical written test and English skills Test. if we select in the Written test, will move to next round, that it's Technical Round,may have technical Interview's one is with Team Lead and second one with Manager , if we select in the manager round, next HR Round or Pay Discussion.

Interview Questions

• what are the difference between Equity shares and Preference shares.   Answer Question

Software Engineer I Interview

Application

Interview

consists of 3 rounds:
    1.aptitude + output and pseudo coding : was simple. basics of c++ were focused upon.
    2. technical interviews: logical thinking and coding was checked basically. keep your oops concepts clear. Interviewers help u when u r stuck somewhere. try getting hint from them to solve.
    3. HR + technical interviews: try not to become nervous as u get tired til last round. Keep calm.