FactSet

FactSet Interview Questions

Updated 9 Dec 2014
Updated 9 Dec 2014

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at FactSet.

We had 3 rounds .
    The first round was an easy one , i was shot with many puzzles and basic computer questions and some basic algorithms .
    Second round was a core technical one which consisted of core Dsa concepts and was then asked about NLP .
    Third round was an intense HR round , was shot on with question one after another non stop .

Interview Questions
    • How the mobile contact search is done and what data structure is used ?   View Answer

Team Leader Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at FactSet.

Paper based Test - includes Comprehension (English Proficiency), Logical Reasoning, Aptitude, Data Interpretation and Finance related.
    Presentation on Leadership (examples on personal life situations)
    Interview (HR+Technical) - questions on financial markets, derivatives, resume based questions, internship based questions, situational questions based on work profile.

Interview Questions
    • Looking at your profile you are not match for this work profile, justify yourself why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād

interviewed at FactSet in October 2014.

The written test consists of Easy english questions followed by arithmetic questions based on %, P&L, ratio etc. Next accounting questions on funds bonds and stocks.
    The technical rounds are tough but keep yourself updated with what happens in the stock market and the other important areas related to it. I have listed a few questions asked below.

Interview Questions
    • Mutual funds and types
      Ratios and types
      Financial Markets

Answer Question

Management Trainee(Team Leader/Content Operations) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at FactSet in October 2014.

Written Multiple Choice Questions pencil-paper test having Logical Reasoning, english comprehension, Data Interpretation, Doamin knowledge(finance) followed by ppt evaluation on task/ situation/ event in your life showing your leadership skills and panel interview in hyderabad office

Interview Questions
    • Why MBA after Engg? How will you handle telugu speaking members in team? Why should we take you?   Answer Question

Senior Technical Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at FactSet in October 2014.

This position was for their "FactSet Fundamentals Technical Operations” department. I received a walk-in interview mail from Naukri.com. I had an experience of 2.3 years when I received this.
    Interview process:
    Around 50 people attended the walk-in for this position on that day. While most of them were from a B.Sc degree background, few of them were a engineering graduate. The first round was a technical written test. The question paper had 10 questions, 7 of them are choose the correct answers and 3 were to write programs.

The questions were quite simple and basic but to answer them you need to remember basic syntax of available functions in the language and the tool - QTP.

I was confident that I would clear the written test, but after 2 days I received a mail saying that I was not selected.

Interview Questions
    • You have to remember the various ways of declaring VBScript arrays, compile time and run time errors that may be generated in cases when you dont declare or initialize them properly, etc...   Answer Question

Equity Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād

I applied in-person – interviewed at FactSet.

Hiring Process includes Written Test and Face to Face Interview. First Round includes Technical written test and English skills Test. if we select in the Written test, will move to next round, that it's Technical Round,may have technical Interview's one is with Team Lead and second one with Manager , if we select in the manager round, next HR Round or Pay Discussion.

Interview Questions
    • what are the difference between Equity shares and Preference shares.   Answer Question

Software Engineer I Interview

consists of 3 rounds:
    1.aptitude + output and pseudo coding : was simple. basics of c++ were focused upon.
    2. technical interviews: logical thinking and coding was checked basically. keep your oops concepts clear. Interviewers help u when u r stuck somewhere. try getting hint from them to solve.
    3. HR + technical interviews: try not to become nervous as u get tired til last round. Keep calm.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

There were two rounds of written test. The first roud was objective in that question were from ASP.Net,OOps concept and SQL. Second round was programming round in that they asked to write 5 programs

Product Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at FactSet in September 2014.

3 rounds, aptitude test ( english, maths, logical), hr interview and manager round. Hr interview has expected questions like, tell me about yourself..etc behavioral ones.senior manager round was also same , a little bit of technical background check.

Interview Questions
    took a long time, was able to negotiate the salary

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at FactSet in August 2014.

First they shortlist your CV and inform with tentative date for process. Which is a Test followed by GD & PI, if selected there would be a further round of personal interview before final selection.