Family Dollar Stores Interview Questions

Updated 14 Apr 2015
Updated 14 Apr 2015

2.0

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Family Dollar Stores.

Interview

I was called in for an interview, then told to come back the next day because they made a mistake and one of the people that needed to be at the interview was not there. Spoke with the manager and she did not know if I was there for a customer service representative or a assistant manager. The advertisement stated full-time and I was told it would only be 20 to 25 hours a week.

Interview Questions

• Are you available 365 days a year because they are open on all holidays.   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Family Dollar Stores.

Interview

Interviewed with the district manager and the district loss prevention manager, at one of their stores, they asked me plenty of questions about previous jobs, and my personal life. If i was ever fired from a previous job, why I wanted to work for family dollar, what I knew about family dollar history. etc

Interview Questions

• is it okay to steal a candy bar?   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was thru email, I told them that Im worth hc more than ten dollars an hour and I can prove it them if they gave me a chance

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Winston-Salem, NC (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

Very easy interview. Minimum questions. Had to take drug test that day and had to complete a background check. She was very nice and i knew i had the hob before leaving. I like the store. Interveiw was less than 15 minutes.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Family Dollar Stores in March 2015.

Interview

Applied online, got called in for an interview that got rescheduled due to weather conditions. Interview only lasted 5 mins, there wasn't too many questions as the manager was busy. Got a call a couple hours later that they wanted to hire me. Have been waiting 2 weeks on my background check to come in.

Helped Set Up the Store Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Bell, FL (US)).

Interview

There was no interview process. A group of 18 people were randomly selected in order to set up the entire store for 10 consecutive days. Only six people were chosen from the 18 that started to work in the store once it opened. So in total, references and curriculum vitae had no influence on wether you were hired or not, what did matter was who could lift 50 pounds or more.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Family Dollar Stores.

Interview

It was very long but went very good. A lot of questions but good ones. It was very professional. Was around great people with great attitudes. Would love to work with or around great people from Family Dollar. I recommend for anybody looking for a retail job to try out Family Dollar.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Baltimore, MD (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

It was very quick and easy. Did the application online and received a call the next day. He wanted me to explain my previous work. I passed the phone screen so he ask me to come in for a formal interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

If you have experience they will negotiate.

Associate (Cashier) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Family Dollar Stores.

Interview

I applied to Family Dollar through their website. A couple of weeks later, I received a call asking me to go the store for an interview. It wasn't much of an interview, but instead I was told what the company was about, and how difficult the job was going to be. Also, most of the time was spent on discussing the drug screen.

Interview Questions

• What did you do at your previous job? (The only question I was asked.)   Answer Question

I was told I would only work from 8-20 hours a week.

Store Clerk Interview

Interview

2 panel interview and they were asking situational questions and you had to give scenarios as to what u would do. After the interview they deliberated and would give you an offer on the spot. You also had to take an assessment test.

Better job offer

Replenishment Buyer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Family Dollar Stores.

Interview

After initial phone interview, I had an in person interview the next week. Met with about 4 groups of 2-3 people that are managers and above. It went very well and got my offer the next day.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation