Farmers Insurance Group

Updated 21 Jan 2015
Updated 21 Jan 2015

2.7

Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lynnwood, WA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lynnwood, WA (US)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Farmers Insurance Group.

I moved up to Washington State after completing my bachelor's degree and needed to get on the job grind quick, so I quick applied to over 50 companies on CareerBuilder in hopes for some possible employment. To my surprise, I was receiving countless phone calls, emails, and voicemails regarding possible positions for my "excellent" resume. Farmers got me first or second, so I decided to try my luck. One of the business consultants called me in for an interview for what I didnt even know I would be interviewing for at the time, so I was a bit on edge. Turns out it was to be an entry level agent and start my own business. Yeah right. They were going to make me fork out all this money to get licensed and said I needed to sell under the gun pretty much 40 car insurance and 4 housing insurance before I even received any sort of base pay as to not "embarass the company" if I were to be out on the payroll. Had a second interview with the district manager who just boasted Farmers numbers and how competitive they are. Overall negative experience and not college grad friendly as was the only reason I took the chance.

Interview Questions
    • Most of the preliminary interview is just talking about yourself and your resume to find out if you are a good fit for an agent position.

Second interview:
      Where do you see yourself in 5 years?

How will you benefit Farmers if you are hired?

What is your greateat weakness?

A difficult situation you had to manage?

Why should we choose you?

Answer Question

I was not looking for a sales gig. Need to eatablish a steady pay before I can even think about going the agent route.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Farmers Insurance Group.

Pre interview testing is required. Basic math, reading, typing and interactive review to test multitasking and coordination and a personality test. Upon "passing" they conduct a Behavioral based interview, very little personal questions about yourself. After completion there is a second interview and then you sit and watch the job for an hour or so. After all is done you either get a nice form letter email declination, or a call from HR with an offer. If accepted they do a very extensive background and credit check. No bankruptcies or criminal activity can be present.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when..... They look for the Example, the process and the final outcome. Make sure you follow through with these questions. True stories or not, they want to know what you would do to handle the situation. Whether you have done it or not.
      Tell me a time when you had a confrontation with a coworker, you went above and beyond for a customer, ect.

Answer Question
    After pre interview testing and two interviews HR will call you with a job offer including salary. I did not try to negotiate salary.

District Recruiter Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Farmers Insurance Group.

It was a 3 part process. The first i which you meet with the District Manager and he explained the position. The 2nd would be a panel interview with the office. The 3rd, meet again with the DM and speak a little more about the position.

Sales Interview

Only concerned about getting agents signed on with virtually no support after that. Its easy to loose people when they've got no money invested in them. All licenses and study materials are out of pocket with no reimbursement offered.

Interview Questions
    • There really wasn't a tough question. Almost feel I was offered the job because I was vertical and still breathing.   Answer Question

Insurance Agent Interview

There are 3 of them and it is time consuming you have to do a back ground check too and sometimes you have to pay for the check yourself whereas other times the District manager will pay for the back ground check it is about 65 dollars

Insurance Agent Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Farmers Insurance Group.

Very easy. Manager had a lot of knowledge and was very persuasive. Applied online. Heard back the next day. Set up an interview a few weeks later. Still in the process of accepting or declining.

Interview Questions
    • There really were not to many questions. We just sat down and talk about farmers and why he wanted me to work there. He had a lot knowledge and was very easy to talk to.   Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group.

I met someone at the district 33 office for an interview. It was very informal with a few soft-skill questions. I left after being there for around 30 minutes, and then attended a second interview with a different employee. There was some sort of mix up as to which position I applied for, and I eventually discovered the funding for the position I wanted wasn't there yet. I wouldn't want to work there after the experience, and wasn't offered a position with them anyway.

Interview Questions
    • Would you be willing to help out with recruiting? Everyone in the office is expected to contribute to recruiting goals.   Answer Question

Auto Claims Adjuster Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in January 2015.

I found the opening on career builder. Had initial phone interview which were some BBI questions. They then sent me an assessment, which wasn't too bad, just make sure you follow the directions. Waited probably a week or so then get a call for an in person interview. In the interview there were four different supervisors asking me all different BBI questions. They were a little bit tougher then the ones on the phone interview. Just make sure to have specific experiences in mind. They said they would give me a call in a week. Get a call on Wednesday to do a job shadow for Friday and then go into the office to meet with the manager of the branch. Meet up with claims adjuster to do the job shadow for half a day. After, head back to the Farmers office, and meet with the manager. This was less formal, he did get to know you questions and such. They said they would call back with and offer or not next week. Right now currently waiting on their call back.

Agency Owner Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group.

2 quixk interviews, contract so you essentially work for yourself...it is fun and the training is good but no hands on training...one two three four five six seven eight nine ten

Interview Questions
    No negotiations. You work for yourself?

Farmers Insurance Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV (US)

I applied through other source – interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group.

The hiring manager saw my resume from an online job search site. He called me and I was scheduled for an interview the next day. The interview wasn't really difficult. He just asked me about the details of my previous jobs. Then, he explained the job and the benefits if I decided to join the Company. The quota seems high (although I am not a salesperson and I really don't know the industry). Hence, I decided not to pursue my application with them.