Fidelity Investments

Updated 11 Jan 2015

2.9

105 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL (US)

I applied online – interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

I applied online and got a call about 2 weeks later. Set up a phone screen a few days later. Educated me about the company and what the position is all about. Be ready to be on the phone 90-100 percent of the time during your employment..... I was not up to this type of work.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want to work in the financial services industry?

Give me an example when you went above and beyond in customer service.

Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Fidelity Investments

Financial Representative Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Fidelity Investments.

The people seemed to really enjoy working for the company. They were very knowledgable on the training process as well as the advancement and promotion process. they made me excited about the company and made their training program seem awesome

Interview Questions
    • Slight Role play scenario, asking what I would do in situation with disgruntled customer.   Answer Question
    They did not seem to be open to negotiations

Financial Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Fidelity Investments.

The hiring and interview process was generally pleasant and quick. Everyone I met was extremely kind and genuinely interested in learning about me and my experiences, and they're very open to any and all educational/professional backgrounds.

Interview Questions
    • I was surprised to be asked more questions based on my education than my previous professional experience.   Answer Question
    There's no negotiation.

Financial Representative Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

The interview started with a group presentation featuring a PowerPoint presentation followed by an informal Q&A with a current employee in the same role I was interviewing for. Then, pairs of managers came in to escort interviewees to smaller rooms for a 2-1 interview. The interview consisted of 5+ questions all related to customer service and handling difficult customers, focusing on first-hand experience answers. After, the managers told me a recruiter would be in touch in a few days. Finally, I was directed to a conference room to complete a logic assessment with other interviewees. I was contacted the following day by the recruiter and offered the job. She also provided positive feedback about my interview.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of a time you had to handle a difficult customer or coworker.   Answer Question
    No ability to negotiate.

Financial Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Fidelity Investments.

1. Initial screening call (laying out job description, hours, benefits, the basics) 2. Hour long behavioral interview (Tell me what your loved about your last job, tell me about a time when you displayed excellent customer service, tell me about a time you had a conversation with someone that led to a solution, give me an important characteristic of teamwork, and an example that demonstrates that quality). 3. In person interview (presentation to group of candidates, tour, one-on-one interview with two hiring managers where they essentially ask same questions as phone interview--the only extra questions I remember were how would you handle a tough customer, and what do you foresee being your biggest challenge transitioning into this role and then finally a easy cognitive test).

Interview Questions
    • What do you think will be your biggest challenge in this new role?   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Financial Representative Interview

This really depends who the branch manager is. My was definitely challenging because I knew relatively nothing about Investments, I just had an interest. At the end of the day, they want to make sure you're a hard worker, team oriented, friendly, care about helping clients, and learning about the industry.

Financial Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO (US)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Fidelity Investments in November 2014.

There was an initial phone screening with a recruiter in which they went over my resume and then some situational questions. I passed that and was invited to another interview at the regional center (where you would be working) along with around 10 other candidates. We were all lead into a presentation room where they go over the company, benefits, etc., as well as introduce other people that play integral roles in the facility. They make it clear that this is a PHONE BASED JOB. We got a quick facility tour and then after the presentation we broke off individually to interview with two managers. The interview was pretty standard as far as questions go (situational, much like the phone interview), but it was a really relaxed environment and the two people I interviewed with were really nice.

Some tips (which you will probably see in many of these interview reviews):
    - Be enthusiastic; ask questions
    - Be yourself; be honest
    - KNOW that this will be a phone based job; you have to be okay with that
    - The salary is NON-NEGOTIABLE for entry-level, non-registered representatives (they will train you)

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you received coaching from a manager; how did you take it?   View Answer

I got a better offer with a different company; different industry as well.
    This company was a VERY strong contender.

Financial Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Two phone interviews. The first is pretty informal, they make sure you are aware that the position is a call center position, and provide you with additional information about the job. There is a few basic questions about your previous experience.

Second phone interview is more formal. Many "Tell me about a situation when you encountered ---, and how did you handle it. " Most of these are teamwork or customer service oriented.

A face to face interview may be given after this second phone interview

Financial Representative Interview

The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Fidelity Investments.

I applied online. I had someone call me for a phone screening with basic questions for about 15 minutes. Scheduled a phone interview a week later that lasted a hour. They were mostly customer service related questions and things from past experiences. Interviewer said she would call back in a few weeks to schedule a onsite tour and interview with managers. A group of 10-12 people toured the facility and took some type of personality test and then met with a manager and a supervisor for individual interviews. Same questions were asked on the phone interview. I thought it was a standard process. Hired next day

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Fidelity Investments in October 2014.

First stage is a screen interview to make sure you understand what the job entails and to see if you are a good fit for the position. The 2nd stage is an hour long behavioral phone interview, make sure you practice STAR questions. Finally, if you get passed the 2nd phone interview you will be invited for in person interview where you will be interviewed by 2 hiring managers.

Interview Questions
    no negotiation, they have hundreds of applicants. You either accept what they offer or you keep walking.