Fidelity Investments

Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer
Bangalore

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in August 2014.

Interview Details 3 profiles were available namely :Software Developer,Quality Assurance, ITI(Technical Infrastructure)
I chose software developer.
Written Round:It had 3 sections namely Quantitative Aptitude,Logical Reasoning,Verbal Ability.
This round was fairly easy but main thing is time management.
I got through the 1st round.

Interview : There were 3 interviews ,

HR interview 1/ Behavior interview:Initially,the interviewer asked me whether I was nervous,and asked for my resume.She asked about my projects for about 5 minutes.After this she had given me a situation asked me how I would react.The situation was suppose when working in a team ,there is difference in opinion between me and other team members ,how would I react.I replied by saying that I would promptly go and tell my views to the Team leader and its up to the team leader to take in my opinions.All I want is to contribute for the betterment of the team in a meaningful manner.She asked me ,who is my inspiration,why I want to join Fidelity.This round lasted for about 15 minutes.

I was asked to wait for sometime and then I called in for Tech Interview for Software Developer.

Tech Interview: The interviewer was very friendly.I had told him in the beginning itself that I am not comfortable with data structures but I am going to study in the coming semester.He asked me few puzzles and code snippets a).Swapping of two variables without using a temporary variable b)
if x and y are two numbers and each has a millions digits ,compute sum.c)If you have 5 ,10,20 rupee note.print all the combinations of these notes which will result in a sum of 500.I answers all these questions ,I could answer a few puzzles.
This round lasted for about 20 minutes.
After this round I had the HR 2 interview.

HR 2 interview:I was asked about my strengths and weaknesses.The interview asked me if had any questions to ask.This round lasted for about 10 minutes.

Interview Question – In the Tech Interview ,I couldn't answer a few puzzles.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Campus Interview,so no negotiation

Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Quality Assurance Engineer
Bangalore

Interview Details I applied through College and there were 4 rounds in total. The first was aptitude, which consisted of 60 questions. It was pretty basic and i got through. The following three rounds were, Behavioral, Technical and then HR. Behavioral : there were some personal questions and then in technical just questions related to testing. The HR was very friendly and just asked things as per my resume.

Interview Question – I was asked about test plan and test case.   Answer Question

Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Quality Assurance Engineer

Interview Details First round consisted of an Aptitude Test having 3 sections- Quants(25), Logical Reasoning(20) and Verbals(18). You had to chose the post you were applying for out of Quality Assurance, Software Developer and Techincal and Infrastructure Engineering.

Out of 275 candidates, 50 were chosen for the next round.
Second round was Technical and HR interviews. Both were CV based.

Selected candidates had another HR/Stress interview.
Overall 15 candidates got placed.

Interview Question – The Interviewer kept asking questions about Java and Unix systems.   Answer Question

Software Engineer/Developer Interview

Software Engineer/Developer

Interview Details The process began with students appearing for an aptitude test conducted by aspiring minds...
shortlisted students underwent 3 rounds of interview process... 2 technical 1 hr... the first tech was more of hr...

Interview Question – He asked me if you are the only person left in the team and you have a deadline of submitting your work by tomorrow morning... how would you make sure you get it done?   Answer Question

Graduate Trainee Engineer Interview

Graduate Trainee Engineer

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Interview Details Three rounds of interview. mainly. Aptitude, technical and HR round. Asked the basic level questions for graduate trainee engineer. That was an quite good and ok for the freshers. Everything will finish within the time period.

Interview Question – Difference between c c++ and java   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Interview Details One round of technical interview and one Hr round for negotiation. Easy to crack. Technical interview will be more on basics and your hand son experience in last company. Be sure to be confident in the interview. They like confident people to have on board.

Associate Systems Analyst Interview

Associate Systems Analyst
Bangalore

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in July 2014.

Interview Details HR has called and scheduled an interview after 5 days. Interview was good but it was my first interview as a professional. So, got tensed sometimes and hesitated. Still now I am waiting for the call after interview but as 5 days are already over, so chances are little.

Interview Question – All questions are normal. Just dont take any pressure. It was my first interview so when they asked something I have already worked upon I have hesitated and forgot the answer.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Consultant Interview

Business Analyst Consultant
Bangalore

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in November 2012.

Interview Details Hiring involved about 4 rounds of conversation including one face-to-face round at their office in Bangalore; initial rounds were over telephone.
Questions asked were relatively straight and of the expected kind in that they were closely related to the role that I was being interviewed for.
Questions also tested my expertise gathered from my earlier experience.
No skewed, tricky or IQ testing questions. Overall interview conversation very role-centric.

Negotiation Details – The compensation negotiation phase was more or less crisp and short - spread over 2 conversations. what they had initially offered was pretty much close to what I was expecting. They also offered relocation & airfare expenses for my spouse too which, though, is par course.

Technical Consultant Interview

Technical Consultant

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Interview Details Interview process was very simple:
First round was technical skill based round taken by 2 interviewers on the skill
Then they gave a case study to solve.
Once cleared there is a HR/hiring round. HR round is basically to discuss your profile and salary discussion.

Interview Question – Case study was good   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much negotiation

Graduate Trainee Engineer Interview

Graduate Trainee Engineer
Bangalore

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in July 2012.

Interview Details written aptitute and technical , 3 interviews

Negotiation Details – fixed offer

Worked for Fidelity Investments? Contribute to the Community!