Fidelity Investments Interview Questions

Updated Sep 15, 2014
Updated Sep 15, 2014

2.9

Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Written Round - Aptitude round- adaptive test(AMCAT)- verbal+logical+aptitude- Easy questions, pretty doable. No negative marking

Tech Round 1- Basic technical questions based on resume, need to be very clear on C,OOP concepts,DBMS, DSA.

Tech+ HR round 2- Projects, plus basic HR questions, need to know well about the company- Why Fidelity?, Next 5 year plan, why not other companies, Higher education plans etc

Behavioral/HR round- Again more on the company, reasons for going into investments, about SDLC, strengths,weaknesses, team work etc

Location offered- Chennai/Bangalore
    Position- Software Engineer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Gurgaon, Haryana
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a day - interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

I went through 4 rounds, 1) 75 objective questions 2) f2f with project manager (took around 30 minutes) 3) interview with a technical panel 4) Project Director, where he only spoke about the work culture, expectations, asked about my expectations from Fidelity. It lasted for approx. 40 minutes. As the day was almost over, the HR asked me if he can call me on Monday for further discussions. They didn't call and I didn't feel the need to contact them.

The interview questions were pretty basic and easy to answer.

Technical Interview

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in November 2013.

Hiring process involved general case based questions by senior management. it was good and they try to check your leadeship skills, your persuausive skills as well as technical skills.The inteviers were decent people with good knowledge

Interview Questions
    • They tried to confuse you by giving severl wrong answers to case based questions but you have to fixe to your concepts   Answer Question

Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

The interview process consisted of 4 rounds and was completed in 1 day.First was a written aptitude round( Quantitative Aptitude+Logical Reasoning+Verbal Ability) followed by a behavioral(kind of a HR round) and a technical round(As i am an ece student, interviewer dint go very deep into coding, simple conceptual questions on oops concepts were asked).Finally, the process ended with a HR Round. Interviewers were friendly and helpful throughout the process.

Associate Interview

The only company in my experience where you will be treated nicely having no complaints during the interview process. It starts with a 60 marks attitude comprising verbal,quantitative and logical reasoning. The next day is the technical interview- mutual funds and stock market followed by some hr questions. The final managerial round will have only resume related questions and salary negotiation- just sell yourself!!

Interview Questions
    • Most annoying thing that will force me to quit the job?   Answer Question
    The salary was good for a fresher so no negotiations.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bangalore
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in August 2014.

3 profiles were available namely :Software Developer,Quality Assurance, ITI(Technical Infrastructure)
    I chose software developer.
    Written Round:It had 3 sections namely Quantitative Aptitude,Logical Reasoning,Verbal Ability.
    This round was fairly easy but main thing is time management.
    I got through the 1st round.

Interview : There were 3 interviews ,

HR interview 1/ Behavior interview:Initially,the interviewer asked me whether I was nervous,and asked for my resume.She asked about my projects for about 5 minutes.After this she had given me a situation asked me how I would react.The situation was suppose when working in a team ,there is difference in opinion between me and other team members ,how would I react.I replied by saying that I would promptly go and tell my views to the Team leader and its up to the team leader to take in my opinions.All I want is to contribute for the betterment of the team in a meaningful manner.She asked me ,who is my inspiration,why I want to join Fidelity.This round lasted for about 15 minutes.

I was asked to wait for sometime and then I called in for Tech Interview for Software Developer.

Tech Interview: The interviewer was very friendly.I had told him in the beginning itself that I am not comfortable with data structures but I am going to study in the coming semester.He asked me few puzzles and code snippets a).Swapping of two variables without using a temporary variable b)
    if x and y are two numbers and each has a millions digits ,compute sum.c)If you have 5 ,10,20 rupee note.print all the combinations of these notes which will result in a sum of 500.I answers all these questions ,I could answer a few puzzles.
    This round lasted for about 20 minutes.
    After this round I had the HR 2 interview.

HR 2 interview:I was asked about my strengths and weaknesses.The interview asked me if had any questions to ask.This round lasted for about 10 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • In the Tech Interview ,I couldn't answer a few puzzles.   Answer Question
    Campus Interview,so no negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bangalore
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through College and there were 4 rounds in total. The first was aptitude, which consisted of 60 questions. It was pretty basic and i got through. The following three rounds were, Behavioral, Technical and then HR. Behavioral : there were some personal questions and then in technical just questions related to testing. The HR was very friendly and just asked things as per my resume.

Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

First round consisted of an Aptitude Test having 3 sections- Quants(25), Logical Reasoning(20) and Verbals(18). You had to chose the post you were applying for out of Quality Assurance, Software Developer and Techincal and Infrastructure Engineering.

Out of 275 candidates, 50 were chosen for the next round.
    Second round was Technical and HR interviews. Both were CV based.

Selected candidates had another HR/Stress interview.
    Overall 15 candidates got placed.

Interview Questions
    • The Interviewer kept asking questions about Java and Unix systems.   Answer Question

Software Engineer/Developer Interview

The process began with students appearing for an aptitude test conducted by aspiring minds...
    shortlisted students underwent 3 rounds of interview process... 2 technical 1 hr... the first tech was more of hr...

Interview Questions
    • He asked me if you are the only person left in the team and you have a deadline of submitting your work by tomorrow morning... how would you make sure you get it done?   Answer Question

Graduate Trainee Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Three rounds of interview. mainly. Aptitude, technical and HR round. Asked the basic level questions for graduate trainee engineer. That was an quite good and ok for the freshers. Everything will finish within the time period.

Interview Questions

Worked for Fidelity Investments? Contribute to the Community!