Fidelity Investments Interview Questions

Updated 14 Apr 2015
Updated 14 Apr 2015

2.9

Technical Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Fidelity Investments in November 2013.

Interview

Hiring process involved general case based questions by senior management. it was good and they try to check your leadeship skills, your persuausive skills as well as technical skills.The inteviers were decent people with good knowledge

Interview Questions

• They tried to confuse you by giving severl wrong answers to case based questions but you have to fixe to your concepts   Answer Question

Project Lead Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Fidelity Investments (Bangalore).

Interview

Smooth. Many levels of interview but they hire the right candidate

Interview Questions

• About a niche technology that i worked many years back and hardly remembered, but had it on my resume   Answer Question

Negotiation

Smooth. I accepted their offer as it was above my expectations

Test Engineer Interview

Interview

The first round : Aptitude test
    Second round : Technical Interview - Here , I was asked about my favourite area.. I choose Data structures.. I was asked a range of questions from the different types of sorting and searching algorithms and their complexities.. Then was asked about the trees its applications, etc
    Third round : HR interview - basic questions about flexibility of area of work.. why i would like to join this company,etc

Interview Questions

• A puzzle about an industry for which the interviewer insisted on more than one innovative solution.   Answer Question

Programmer/Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Gurgaon, Haryana) in September 2013.

Interview

Written then three technical round, MR,HR

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Fidelity Investments (Gurgaon, Haryana) in September 2013.

Interview

There was two round of interviews.First was written test and second was face to face.

Interview Questions

• All the question was from oops,and how you implement opps in your project.The most difficult question was diffence between static class and single pattern,they drill down it.   2 Answers

SE, ST, Systems Analyst, Business Analyst, Applications Developer: Based On Our Performance Any I Will BE Our Post Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Fidelity Investments in August 2013.

Interview

It was on campus in aug 2013,
    Criteria 65% in engineering.
    Branchs:EC,CS,IS
    first we had aptitude test which consisted of quantitative,logical-more on syllogisms,non verbal,blood relations etc..then verbal-sentence formation etc...and technical based on c,c++,flow chart.
    It was tough...but people who had practised aptitude on all topics could clear it.
    Around 30-35 cleared it...
    we were supposed to have GD but since few cleared and they were running out of time,we directly had technical interview.
    I was the first to be called...n it was my first interview,i was very tensed but the interviewer made me very comfortable....she was very friendly..
    she asked me about my projects,then asked basic concepts in c++ like polymorphism,operator overloading because i told her that i was'nt comfortable learning c++ in the beginning...but started liking the subject later,she was happy n satisfied with my answeres.
    then she said explain the concept of data base to a 5 yr old...initially i had only a vague idea about how to explain,n i told her then she asked if a 5 yr old would understand it?then i had just got a thought in my mind...n i answered spontaneously,explaining it........she was very impressed with my answer.it continued with few more technical questions.
    I have very high scores,but i gave my honest opinions about my understanding in various subjects,so she liked my truthfullness n honesty.
    Then she asked me more Hr questions...
    Finally she asked if I have any question,i said yes n asked more about the work culture,the kind of projects we'l take up etc....

KEY POINTS:be very honest,truthful,write all your own hobbies n qualities in your resume,they observe n test u on the same...
    one thing i noticed was since i was very honest with her(though i got good scores,i liked n i understood only few subjects completely),n since i was not boastful i had very less technical.
    Always open up n tel more about yourself if ur technically weak or not very confident in answering,then they'l assess you based on your character n select.

HR:I was the 1st to have hr round too,if u do well in technical right after 5 minutes they'l call u for HR.Since i was very happy with my technical interview,though it was unexpected that Hr will be so fast i quite confident in HR.It was 2 on 1 interview,it was mostly based on working hours,preferred location,how flexible i can work,higher studies etc...questions were mostly decisional .I felt HR was tougher because they did'nt give me time to think they wanted raw answers not rehersed answers.they were highly skilled n professional.

TIP:Always be honest,most of my friends lost in HR for question:you perfer development or testing?my friend honestly wanted only development but she tried answering both are fine...but she said they were so skilled that they made her reveal her inner dislike for testing,
    i honeslt did'nt mind any 1,so be honest even if u want only development,answer confidently
    and give a reason why u think so..........

After technical few were rejected....around 18-20 had HR and finally they shortlisted 12,i was 1 among the shortlisted people.

once the whole procedure was over,they congratulated us,n they told us little more about the company n welcomed us.

Interview Questions

• The most unexpected question was in HR,it was the first question about me coming from a traditional family.......i was shocked because when she asked she sounded very confident,i was caught off guard but i answered very very honestly giving details about the kind of family i come from,the culture n traditions,but how open minded we are in terms of our thoughts,we just have a traditional outlook.She knew my answer was genuine.
      TIP:
      For unexpected questions,take few minutes time, think properly but answer honestly dont lie.

If u follow the above tips,im sure any1 will succeed even if they are not technically sound.
      Good luck!

Answer Question

Negotiation

Since it was on campus we could not negotiate.

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Fidelity Investments (Mysore) in August 2013.

Interview

on campus there were four rounds 1st written then technical interview and then two hr interviews overall procss was a good experience

Software Engineer/Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Fidelity Investments (Bangalore) in August 2013.

Interview

Campus recruitment, i got placed in Fidelity Investments from Bangalore. the intervie was quite easy, and technical was not much touched. the written round was pretty average.

Java Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Fidelity Investments (Gurgaon, Haryana) in August 2013.

Interview

Very bad process . waisted my whole day
    Interview process consisted of a written round followed by two technical interview rounds ,
    I cleared the written round around 11 a.m and waited whole day for others round to be conducted , but there were no rounds and at 7 in the evening we were told to leave for the day and would be contacted next week , but no intimation till date .

Interview Questions

• wriiten round consist of 45 questions on java j2ee   1 Answer

Reconciliation Profile Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Fidelity Investments (Delhi) in August 2013.

Interview

1.Started with test(word error,DI,Quant,G.K.,essay)2.Manager round(Intoduce yourself,what is reconciliation,what is mutual fund and its types?3.Hr round

Backned profile