Fidelity Investments Interview Questions

Updated 28 Oct 2014

2.9

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Fidelity Investments in June 2013.

4 rounds

1. Tech round - 2 case studies(telephonic)

Face to face rounds:

2. HR round(how do I fit in, expected salary)
    3. Tech round -2 case studies
    4. Manager round-going through resume

Tech round questions were very good but I could come up with the right answers. HR round consisted of some checks to see consistency,interest in the role, whether I would stay with them etc. Manager round was less structured and was similar to HR round.

Interviewers were polite,patient and helpful. Not much scope for negotiations.

My offer was confirmed through a job consultant but it was cancelled the next day due to some reason related to background verification. This reason was very unconvincing and a stark contrast to all the proceedings before. Very disappointed at this turn of events.

Interview Questions
    • No unexpected questions. In tech rounds case studies related to statistical model building, assumption checking, graphical interpretation, capacity planning decision making etc were asked   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Fidelity Investments.

basic java and J2EE questions will be asked in 2 round of interview

Contract Associate ERISA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Fidelity Investments in June 2013.

Interview was lengthy for no reason in my case it was spread over a span of 15 days. Interview timing was mostly afternoon or evening sometimes the HR left before time so no one to contact when you reach the office and kept waiting on certain days for more than an hour. Some really stupid questions were asked for the interview. Finally got selected after all the rounds. But was offered a compensation which was peanuts as i was a fresher that was the reason given to me.

Interview Questions
    • where do u see yourself in 3, 5, 10 years down the line   View Answer

the offer made was too low as per the industry standards, Reason being i was a fresher. Company thinks as a person is fresher he can work for peanuts.
    whereas the ad was for Rs3.5 lakhs. and i was offered Rs1.9 lakhs

Test Engineer Interview

It all started when i returned a call from a land line late in the evening. It happens to be the HR.the coming weekend i was invited for an interview and it was two rounds.Initial interview was with a senior manager who as ked simple QA questions and checked my attitude.Later lead level interview happened and i was asked more detailed and complex questions and also my overall attitude was checked.Then the HR interview.I asked a normal hike and to my surprise it was far beyond my expectations when I received the offer.Thanks Fidelity.It changed my life.

Interview Questions
    It was better than my expectations.

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Fidelity Investments in May 2013.

Got a mail and call regarding opening from many consultancies .Assuming that there is bulk opening Replied it expected salary and notice period to one of them . they are more interested in "Form 16 " of previous companies .first thing they will ask you whether u have form 16 of all the companies if u don't have , they will not consider your profile. It seems if you have form 16 it is assumed that u will have all domain and testing knowledge. One thing more i noticed during interview process they will have opening for automation tester and they will call u even u are database tester and after taking 2 rounds of interview they will tell u that we have opening for automation tester .it really sucks..

Interview Questions
    • There are three round of interview :
      1) Written test having testing , sql queries, english and aptitude test.
      2) 2 round of technical interview
      written was easy
      but when they started taking technical interview although the opening for ETL testing( not informed at the time of resume shortlisting ) and i was manual+automation tester, god knows how the interviewer cleared my first round of interview.

at the time of 2nd tech round ,interviewer told me that opening is for ETL testing and asked me to leave. Not only me there were several others like me. it really sucks, if there is no opening for yr profile they should not shortlist your resume. Company shouldn't publish fake job openings to consultancies.
        Answer Question

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Was not interviewed thoroughly. Due to which job was not easy. In order to match the management expectation the leads did a normal round and recruited. Later the job was tough.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Fidelity Investments.

written test, Ops interview, HR round, Offer letter for selected candidates

Software Engineer/Developer Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Fidelity Investments in January 2013.

I got a call in for a production support role. Totally 4 rounds.
    1. Phone interview.
    2. Technical (Video conferencing - as i was in chennai and the role was for bangalore.For local guys its face to face)
    3. Technical round 2 interbiew (video conf again).
    4. HR discussion.

I got an extra 50 grand(9% extra from initial offer. But if u negotiate tough can make it for another 5-7%..(may be if they like you)

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Fidelity Investments in January 2013.

they had 3 rounds of interview
    1-hr
    2 technical
    3-manager round

na

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Fidelity Investments in December 2012.

There were three round. first is written aptitude test second is technical round and third is R round. All round covered in one day.