Fidelity Investments

Updated 22 Feb 2015

2.9

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Fidelity Investments in September 2013.

There was two round of interviews.First was written test and second was face to face.

Interview Questions
    • All the question was from oops,and how you implement opps in your project.The most difficult question was diffence between static class and single pattern,they drill down it.   View Answers (2)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Fidelity Investments in August 2013.

It was on campus in aug 2013,
    Criteria 65% in engineering.
    Branchs:EC,CS,IS
    first we had aptitude test which consisted of quantitative,logical-more on syllogisms,non verbal,blood relations etc..then verbal-sentence formation etc...and technical based on c,c++,flow chart.
    It was tough...but people who had practised aptitude on all topics could clear it.
    Around 30-35 cleared it...
    we were supposed to have GD but since few cleared and they were running out of time,we directly had technical interview.
    I was the first to be called...n it was my first interview,i was very tensed but the interviewer made me very comfortable....she was very friendly..
    she asked me about my projects,then asked basic concepts in c++ like polymorphism,operator overloading because i told her that i was'nt comfortable learning c++ in the beginning...but started liking the subject later,she was happy n satisfied with my answeres.
    then she said explain the concept of data base to a 5 yr old...initially i had only a vague idea about how to explain,n i told her then she asked if a 5 yr old would understand it?then i had just got a thought in my mind...n i answered spontaneously,explaining it........she was very impressed with my answer.it continued with few more technical questions.
    I have very high scores,but i gave my honest opinions about my understanding in various subjects,so she liked my truthfullness n honesty.
    Then she asked me more Hr questions...
    Finally she asked if I have any question,i said yes n asked more about the work culture,the kind of projects we'l take up etc....

KEY POINTS:be very honest,truthful,write all your own hobbies n qualities in your resume,they observe n test u on the same...
    one thing i noticed was since i was very honest with her(though i got good scores,i liked n i understood only few subjects completely),n since i was not boastful i had very less technical.
    Always open up n tel more about yourself if ur technically weak or not very confident in answering,then they'l assess you based on your character n select.

HR:I was the 1st to have hr round too,if u do well in technical right after 5 minutes they'l call u for HR.Since i was very happy with my technical interview,though it was unexpected that Hr will be so fast i quite confident in HR.It was 2 on 1 interview,it was mostly based on working hours,preferred location,how flexible i can work,higher studies etc...questions were mostly decisional .I felt HR was tougher because they did'nt give me time to think they wanted raw answers not rehersed answers.they were highly skilled n professional.

TIP:Always be honest,most of my friends lost in HR for question:you perfer development or testing?my friend honestly wanted only development but she tried answering both are fine...but she said they were so skilled that they made her reveal her inner dislike for testing,
    i honeslt did'nt mind any 1,so be honest even if u want only development,answer confidently
    and give a reason why u think so..........

After technical few were rejected....around 18-20 had HR and finally they shortlisted 12,i was 1 among the shortlisted people.

once the whole procedure was over,they congratulated us,n they told us little more about the company n welcomed us.

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected question was in HR,it was the first question about me coming from a traditional family.......i was shocked because when she asked she sounded very confident,i was caught off guard but i answered very very honestly giving details about the kind of family i come from,the culture n traditions,but how open minded we are in terms of our thoughts,we just have a traditional outlook.She knew my answer was genuine.
      TIP:
      For unexpected questions,take few minutes time, think properly but answer honestly dont lie.

If u follow the above tips,im sure any1 will succeed even if they are not technically sound.
      Good luck!

Answer Question
    Since it was on campus we could not negotiate.

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mysore
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mysore

on campus there were four rounds 1st written then technical interview and then two hr interviews overall procss was a good experience

Software Engineer/Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

Campus recruitment, i got placed in Fidelity Investments from Bangalore. the intervie was quite easy, and technical was not much touched. the written round was pretty average.

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Fidelity Investments in August 2013.

Very bad process . waisted my whole day
    Interview process consisted of a written round followed by two technical interview rounds ,
    I cleared the written round around 11 a.m and waited whole day for others round to be conducted , but there were no rounds and at 7 in the evening we were told to leave for the day and would be contacted next week , but no intimation till date .

Interview Questions
    • wriiten round consist of 45 questions on java j2ee   View Answer

Reconciliation Profile Interview

Anonymous Employee in Delhi
    Anonymous Employee in Delhi

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Fidelity Investments in August 2013.

1.Started with test(word error,DI,Quant,G.K.,essay)2.Manager round(Intoduce yourself,what is reconciliation,what is mutual fund and its types?3.Hr round

Backned profile

Applications Developer Interview

The first round : Aptitude test
    Second round : Technical Interview - Here , I was asked about my favourite area.. I choose Data structures.. I was asked a range of questions from the different types of sorting and searching algorithms and their complexities.. Then was asked about the trees its applications, etc
    Third round : HR interview - basic questions about flexibility of area of work.. why i would like to join this company,etc

Interview Questions
    • A puzzle about an industry for which the interviewer insisted on more than one innovative solution.   Answer Question

Product Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Fidelity Investments in August 2013.

It includes aptitude test, technical and hr interview. In technical you'd be asked from what you've written in your CV so be careful what you include there. They ask in depth questions from your CV. If you're a mobile app developer it'll be a plus point.

Software Trainee Interview

Test
    2 rounds of hr and tech interview

Interview Questions
    • very easy interview.dont know what they were looking for.they talked about my hometown,last movie i have seen,my family,etc.and very easy questions on sql&programming   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore
    Anonymous Employee in Bangalore

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Fidelity Investments in June 2013.

4 rounds

1. Tech round - 2 case studies(telephonic)

Face to face rounds:

2. HR round(how do I fit in, expected salary)
    3. Tech round -2 case studies
    4. Manager round-going through resume

Tech round questions were very good but I could come up with the right answers. HR round consisted of some checks to see consistency,interest in the role, whether I would stay with them etc. Manager round was less structured and was similar to HR round.

Interviewers were polite,patient and helpful. Not much scope for negotiations.

My offer was confirmed through a job consultant but it was cancelled the next day due to some reason related to background verification. This reason was very unconvincing and a stark contrast to all the proceedings before. Very disappointed at this turn of events.

Interview Questions
    • No unexpected questions. In tech rounds case studies related to statistical model building, assumption checking, graphical interpretation, capacity planning decision making etc were asked   Answer Question