Fidelity Investments Interview Questions & Reviews

2.9

Product Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Chennai
    Anonymous Employee in Chennai

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in August 2013.

It includes aptitude test, technical and hr interview. In technical you'd be asked from what you've written in your CV so be careful what you include there. They ask in depth questions from your CV. If you're a mobile app developer it'll be a plus point.

The first round : Aptitude test
    Second round : Technical Interview - Here , I was asked about my favourite area.. I choose Data structures.. I was asked a range of questions from the different types of sorting and searching algorithms and their complexities.. Then was asked about the trees its applications, etc
    Third round : HR interview - basic questions about flexibility of area of work.. why i would like to join this company,etc

Interview Questions
    • A puzzle about an industry for which the interviewer insisted on more than one innovative solution.   Answer Question

Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in August 2013.

The first round : Aptitude test

Anonymous Employee  in  Gurgaon, Haryana
    Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana

I interviewed through a recruiter - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in May 2013.

Got a mail and call regarding opening from many consultancies .Assuming that there is bulk opening Replied it expected salary and notice period to one of them . they are more interested in "Form 16 " of previous companies .first thing they will ask you whether u have form 16 of all the companies if u don't have , they will not consider your profile. It seems if you have form 16 it is assumed that u will have all domain and testing knowledge. One thing more i noticed during interview process they will have opening for automation tester and they will call u even u are database tester and after taking 2 rounds of interview they will tell u that we have opening for automation tester .it really sucks..

Interview Questions
    • There are three round of interview :
      1) Written test having testing , sql queries, english and aptitude test.
      2) 2 round of technical interview
      written was easy
      but when they started taking technical interview although the opening for ETL testing( not informed at the time of resume shortlisting ) and i was manual+automation tester, god knows how the interviewer cleared my first round of interview.

at the time of 2nd tech round ,interviewer told me that opening is for ETL testing and asked me to leave. Not only me there were several others like me. it really sucks, if there is no opening for yr profile they should not shortlist your resume. Company shouldn't publish fake job openings to consultancies.
        Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Bangalore
    Anonymous Employee in Bangalore

I interviewed through a staffing agency - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in June 2013.

4 rounds

1. Tech round - 2 case studies(telephonic)

Face to face rounds:

2. HR round(how do I fit in, expected salary)
    3. Tech round -2 case studies
    4. Manager round-going through resume

Tech round questions were very good but I could come up with the right answers. HR round consisted of some checks to see consistency,interest in the role, whether I would stay with them etc. Manager round was less structured and was similar to HR round.

Interviewers were polite,patient and helpful. Not much scope for negotiations.

My offer was confirmed through a job consultant but it was cancelled the next day due to some reason related to background verification. This reason was very unconvincing and a stark contrast to all the proceedings before. Very disappointed at this turn of events.

Interview Questions
    • No unexpected questions. In tech rounds case studies related to statistical model building, assumption checking, graphical interpretation, capacity planning decision making etc were asked   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took a day - interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

basic java and J2EE questions will be asked in 2 round of interview

Test Engineer Interview

It all started when i returned a call from a land line late in the evening. It happens to be the HR.the coming weekend i was invited for an interview and it was two rounds.Initial interview was with a senior manager who as ked simple QA questions and checked my attitude.Later lead level interview happened and i was asked more detailed and complex questions and also my overall attitude was checked.Then the HR interview.I asked a normal hike and to my surprise it was far beyond my expectations when I received the offer.Thanks Fidelity.It changed my life.

Interview Questions
    It was better than my expectations.

Software Engineer/Developer Interview

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in January 2013.

I got a call in for a production support role. Totally 4 rounds.
    1. Phone interview.
    2. Technical (Video conferencing - as i was in chennai and the role was for bangalore.For local guys its face to face)
    3. Technical round 2 interbiew (video conf again).
    4. HR discussion.

I got an extra 50 grand(9% extra from initial offer. But if u negotiate tough can make it for another 5-7%..(may be if they like you)

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Was not interviewed thoroughly. Due to which job was not easy. In order to match the management expectation the leads did a normal round and recruited. Later the job was tough.

Associate-Overseas Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in March 2011.

It has three rounds of recruitment process.
    1.Aptitude Test
    2.Technical Round Interview
    3.HR Round Interview

Aptitude test was about quantitatives, analytics, logical reasoning, verbal reasoning and ab email writing. There was a cut off marks to pass the test
    People qualified in Apti will be called for technical round where some questions will be asked related to Investments, Mutual Funds, Accounts and Share market.
    Then in the last round the HR will test the candidates communication skills and personality by asking him/her to tell about himself/herself and to resolve a situation. And finally a question related to shifts. Candidate must be ready to work in any shifts if he/she wants to get a job in the company.