Fidelity Investments Interview Questions

Updated Sep 15, 2014

2.9

Programmer/Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in September 2013.

Written then three technical round, MR,HR

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana

I applied through a staffing agency - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in August 2013.

Very bad process . waisted my whole day
    Interview process consisted of a written round followed by two technical interview rounds ,
    I cleared the written round around 11 a.m and waited whole day for others round to be conducted , but there were no rounds and at 7 in the evening we were told to leave for the day and would be contacted next week , but no intimation till date .

Interview Questions
    • wriiten round consist of 45 questions on java j2ee   View Answer

Software Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chennai
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in August 2013.

Test
    2 rounds of hr and tech interview

Interview Questions
    • very easy interview.dont know what they were looking for.they talked about my hometown,last movie i have seen,my family,etc.and very easy questions on sql&programming   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in August 2009.

1) Telephonic interview which lasted 30 min. Included 3 case studies
    2) Flown down to Bangalore for a series of 1:1 interviews - which included three 1:1 interviews (not including the HR interview)
    3) The interviews constituted of 4 written and verbal case-studies which directly test the skill sets across everything mentioned in the Resume (example - as a consultant how would you help an oil and gas refining company kick start stagnant revenues - in an otherwise growing industry?)
    4) Also included 2 market sizing exercises to gain understanding of the candidates problem solving skills (example - do a back-of-the-envelope market sizing of the shoe-lace market in India)
    5) Each interviews appeared progressively tougher than the previous one

Interview Questions
    • Case studies are very in-depth and require the candidate to make slides and present them to the interviewer.   Answer Question
    Zero negotiations. Take it or leave it approach by the HR.

Product Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chennai
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai

It includes aptitude test, technical and hr interview. In technical you'd be asked from what you've written in your CV so be careful what you include there. They ask in depth questions from your CV. If you're a mobile app developer it'll be a plus point.

Test Engineer Interview

The first round : Aptitude test
    Second round : Technical Interview - Here , I was asked about my favourite area.. I choose Data structures.. I was asked a range of questions from the different types of sorting and searching algorithms and their complexities.. Then was asked about the trees its applications, etc
    Third round : HR interview - basic questions about flexibility of area of work.. why i would like to join this company,etc

Interview Questions
    • A puzzle about an industry for which the interviewer insisted on more than one innovative solution.   Answer Question

Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in August 2013.

The first round : Aptitude test

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in May 2013.

Got a mail and call regarding opening from many consultancies .Assuming that there is bulk opening Replied it expected salary and notice period to one of them . they are more interested in "Form 16 " of previous companies .first thing they will ask you whether u have form 16 of all the companies if u don't have , they will not consider your profile. It seems if you have form 16 it is assumed that u will have all domain and testing knowledge. One thing more i noticed during interview process they will have opening for automation tester and they will call u even u are database tester and after taking 2 rounds of interview they will tell u that we have opening for automation tester .it really sucks..

Interview Questions
    • There are three round of interview :
      1) Written test having testing , sql queries, english and aptitude test.
      2) 2 round of technical interview
      written was easy
      but when they started taking technical interview although the opening for ETL testing( not informed at the time of resume shortlisting ) and i was manual+automation tester, god knows how the interviewer cleared my first round of interview.

at the time of 2nd tech round ,interviewer told me that opening is for ETL testing and asked me to leave. Not only me there were several others like me. it really sucks, if there is no opening for yr profile they should not shortlist your resume. Company shouldn't publish fake job openings to consultancies.
        Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through a staffing agency - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in June 2013.

4 rounds

1. Tech round - 2 case studies(telephonic)

Face to face rounds:

2. HR round(how do I fit in, expected salary)
    3. Tech round -2 case studies
    4. Manager round-going through resume

Tech round questions were very good but I could come up with the right answers. HR round consisted of some checks to see consistency,interest in the role, whether I would stay with them etc. Manager round was less structured and was similar to HR round.

Interviewers were polite,patient and helpful. Not much scope for negotiations.

My offer was confirmed through a job consultant but it was cancelled the next day due to some reason related to background verification. This reason was very unconvincing and a stark contrast to all the proceedings before. Very disappointed at this turn of events.

Interview Questions
    • No unexpected questions. In tech rounds case studies related to statistical model building, assumption checking, graphical interpretation, capacity planning decision making etc were asked   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a day - interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

basic java and J2EE questions will be asked in 2 round of interview