Fifth Third

Updated 25 Feb 2015
Updated 25 Feb 2015

2.6

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Fifth Third.

I was only able to get a phone interview with the internal recruiter despite having years of project management experience at a Fortune 500 company in the area. If you are not on the top performer list don't even bother applying for other positions within the company. The bank only takes into consideration what work experience you have within Fifth Third so even if you have tons of work experience from priors jobs it won't matter.

Interview Questions
    • Can you name a time when you had a difficult co-worker?   Answer Question

Information Technology Leadership Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Fifth Third.

Interview was formal and consisted of an on-campus Career Fair where a resume was accepted and first-impressions made, then invited to a follow up behavioral-based interview with 3 to 4 executives for first-round of on-campus interviews. Next, invitated back to second and final round of interviews at Fifth Third's corporate offices, where there were 10-12 (two-person team) interviews consisting of a mixture of behavioral-based and technical experience interview questions over 6-hours. Although lengthly and through, the experience was not overly difficult for a prepared prospect. There were over 20 prospects in attendance for final round of interviews and lunch was provided mid-way through the day.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you were faced with a difficult problem/customer and how you dealt/responded?   Answer Question
    • What is your greatest accomplishment and why?   Answer Question
    • Why do you believe you are a good fit for this particular position?   Answer Question
    • What are your greatest strengths and why?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a controversial issue and how you addressed it?   Answer Question
    Fair market-value offer presented with limited negotiation considerations given that the company identified a good fit for the position.

Human Resources Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Fifth Third.

Behavioral interviewing based on competencies for the position. Screened by recruiter then had interviews with different managers you would be working with and then additional interviews with other HR members.

Interview Questions
    • Why are you interested in taking a lesser position than what you currently have?   View Answer
    somewhat flexible

Lead Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wadsworth, OH (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Wadsworth, OH (US)

I applied online – interviewed at Fifth Third in January 2015.

Interview pretty detailed. A lot of scenario questions. Interview took an hour. Basic questions like best and worst qualities about myself. Name a time when I had good customer service? Name a time when I had an irrational customer!

Default and Servicing Manager Interview

It took ovr a month for them to contact me back. The position had been posted for months. It seemed just to have a selection of candates I was called to interview because the person was pre-selected already

Interview Questions
    • Why do you feel we shld hire you.
      Asked situational questions
      tell me about a time you dealt with an irrate customer

Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

I interviewed with my branch manager. The interview had some pretty standard questions, such as "give me a time when you had to be a team leader" "Explain a time that you faced hardship in one of your previous jobs" etc. My branchmanager has a really great personality and made the interview fun and no pressure.

Interview Questions
    • "why do you want to work for 5/3? What makes us stand out from the rest?"   Answer Question
    no negotiation. Standard CSR pay.

Teller Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Fifth Third.

Phone interview then in person interview. The people I spoke with were very professional and were very straight forward in the questions and provided good answers to my questions

Interview Questions

decided to stay where I was at

Leadership Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Fifth Third.

The day before the interview, they set up a "meet and greet" so you could meet everyone who was interviewing and getting interviewed. The actual interview was pretty short, and just basic behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was unexpected. all just basic behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Quantitative Analyst I Interview

Had a phone interview with two people from the model risk management unit. They are very nice and kind. They briefly introduced me what the duties of the team are and the difference between their jobs and the ones people usually think of. They asked me a few questions about my background and only a tiny amount of technical questions. Basically, the whole interview is more like a chat.

Intern Interview

The interview process is broken down into two stages: an on-campus interview and a second round interview day at their corporate headquarters in Cincinnati, Ohio. Both rounds consist of mostly behavioral-based questions. The second round contains some technical questions, but is still mostly behavioral-based. Overall, the process was relatively quick and not incredibly challenging.

Interview Questions
    • Describe the process behind valuing various potential investments the bank could make?   Answer Question