First Investors Corporation

Updated 11 Nov 2014
Updated 11 Nov 2014

1.9

Financial Representative Interview

Met Richmond VP at job fair, was contacted for an interview. Six other people were there, we were given an hour presentation on the company, fairly standard, and then had an interview that lasted less than five minutes. Basically just checking for a pulse before the next interview.

Financial Planner Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at First Investors Corporation in October 2014.

I met a recruiter a career fair and he was just weird. He asked me regular small talk questions and every time I tried to answer he'd interrupt me mid way. He seemed distracted and I was getting annoyed because that's just plain rude. I described some of the work that I do and he was more interested in how many connections I had and how big my portfolio was. He then gave me a pamphlet and told me to do research on what made these people successful and if I possessed any of those qualities. Afterwards, I went home and researched the firm and wow, I was not wrong. It's sketch.

Sales Representative Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at First Investors Corporation in October 2014.

One of the best interview experiences I have ever had. Very professional, but also very engaging. Took the time to address questions and gave a good presentation of what the company has to offer.

The first interview is a group interview where you meet other potential candidates and you watch a presentation about the company. Then you meet one on one with vice president or hiring manager. You are given a set of competency questions to take home and fill out.

The second interview they cover everything about the position and meet one on one with the hiring manager and go over your questions that you turn in. Your are then asked several additional questions about your background and asked give additional information.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too difficult. They give you competency questions to take home and fill out for your second interview. I will note that don't put "graduating college" as one of your significant achievements.   Answer Question

It wasn't what I wanted to do at the time.

Financial Services Representative Interview

Group interview then personal interview. It is a total scam. No base salary, 100% commission. Good luck surviving on $5K/year. They try to convince you that the company is great but they will tell you to go sucker your parents into getting insurance that they don't need and then will pay you terribly. AVOID.

Total Scam.

Sales Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at First Investors Corporation in September 2014.

the application was very easy. they contacted me the next day for an interview. didn't like the job. it's a group interview at first then individual. The salary is not good for somebody that has a bachelors degree. it's 25,000 a year for the first year then 100% commission.

Financial Services Representative Interview

The interview process is very exciting. They showed the risks and rewards of different professions, and how the reward far outweighs the financial risk of beginning a career as a Financial Services Representative. The interview was very personal since it is a very personal career path, and it really gave me a chance to stand out among other potential hires.

Interview Questions
    • There really weren't any difficult questions. The most difficult thing for some potential hires might be that they have to let their personality out in a professional environment and have good oratory/public speaking skills   Answer Question

Financial Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington-Fayette, KY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington-Fayette, KY (US)

I applied online – interviewed at First Investors Corporation.

Interview was very vague and most of it comprised of boasting about their company and very little time spent getting to know the candidates. First a group session explaining the company products followed by a break out session where individual candidates were "interviewed".

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected really. Just asked if you have a big network of friends and family to sell their products to   Answer Question

Didn't see myself selling their products to my friends and family

Manager Trainee Interview

went on two interviews, it was for an entry level job so the questions were pointed towards how someone will fit in and whether they can pick up things quickly...

Financial Representative Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at First Investors Corporation.

I applied through my university's career services website and received a phone call from the regional recruiter the next day. He asked some basic questions about your background and then asked me to come to the office to meet the manager the next day. About 10 other applicants were there. We were asked to introduce ourselves (be ready to have a good answer) and we were given a power point presentation about the company and their philanthropy (pretty cool).

After the presentation we were pulled out one at a time for a 1-on-1 interview. I was asked basic questions like what are your strengths/weaknesses. Why do you want to be a financial advisor? What do you want to work here? I was then asked to come back the next day for another interview. I was given a worksheet to fill out with 4 questions and was told to bring a business plan.

The next day I arrive and there were 5 of us. Here, we were given the break down of their trainee program and compensation. It comes out to about 2k per mo. for the 9 months and after week 6 you can make a little commission on top. After the 9 mo. you are considered a contractor and 100% commission. That's rare compared to the other places I have interviewed with exception to EJ. You are asked to take care of the exam fee but you're reimbursed. Halfway through we were asked to tell them something that wasn't on our resume and background.

After that we watched their company video (same one glassdoor has posted on their info page btw) and taken back out on a 1-on-1. Here I turned in the questions they gave me and business plan. Asked what time I worked as a team where there was a problem and I solved it. Time I worked on the phone with a customer and achieved the goal. What is your long term career goal. Why do you think you're a good fit. If offered the job what would you say. After the interview I was told they'd call me the next day with their decision!

Interview Questions
    • What are your long term goals besides making lots of money?   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Sales Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at First Investors Corporation.

The interview process consists of them calling you into a room and filling you with a bunch of garbage about how much they make with there great job at First Investors, but none of there clothes fit and they drive 98 corollas. All a ponzi scheme, with a cattle call first interview